Durmand Priory (location)
1 2 2
Durmand Priory, established in 1105 AE, is a monastery and place of knowledge in the Shiverpeak Mountains. It contains many volumes of information rescued from Lion's Arch during the flood by the Order of Whispers. It is named after Durmand, a master historian who established the truth about The Rise of the White Mantle, The Tengu Accords, The Battle of Jahai, and The Flight North, among other things.
The residents of the monastery are fighter-scholars that come from multiple races and fight to protect their "sacred charge". Their order, Durmand Priory, is named for the monastery.
Locations and objectives
- Durmand Priory Waypoint —
- Arcanist Braccae
- Black Lion Trader
- Black Lion Trader
- Brewmaster Burna (periodically)
- Explorer Edwyn
- Explorer Holly
- Mordrem Researcher
- Arcanist Timble: Gixx wants a current assessment of our defenses.
- Priory Arcanist: Didn't we perform a full diagnostic just last week?
- Arcanist Timble: He wants us to run it again. Something must be up. He seemed agitated.
- Priory Arcanist: More than usual? I mean, of course. We should proceed immediately.
- Priory Historian: (sneeze) (sneeze) (sneeze) Ooh. There must be a cat nearby.
- Priory Novice (human): What brought you to the Priory?
- Priory Novice (sylvari): In my Dream, I saw dragons, and a spire of light drove them off.
- Priory Novice (human): You really think we can defeat them? Do you really believe we can reclaim our world?
- Priory Novice (sylvari): Maybe, but there may be too much that even time cannot erase.
- Priory Novice: We got a field request for copies of everything we have on destroyers.
- Priory Scholar: We could fill two crates with scrolls detailing their diet and habitat alone.
- Priory Novice: What should I do?
- Priory Scholar: Our field scholars require our assistance. You'd best get to work.
- Priory Scholar: When is the next batch of dwarven artifacts due to arrive?
- Priory Novice: I don't know. Shall I go check?
- Priory Scholar: Of course. Why do you think I asked?
- Priory Scholar: Bah. Students. They get more worthless every year.
- Priory Explorer (1): My research seems to be heading into a forbidden area.
- Priory Explorer (2): You must follow the trail where it leads. You never know where the answer may lie.
- Priory Explorer (1): I agree. We don't have the luxury to be squeamish, but I wonder if this is a matter for the Archons.
- Priory Explorer (2): If your prey can turn on us all, then you should proceed carefully.
- Priory Novice: People keep talking about a type of humor, but I can't find any references.
- Historian Angelina: That surprises me. We have an extensive humor collection. What type, did you say?
- Priory Novice: Skritological humor. Humor about the skritt?
- Historian Angelina: I'm, ah, fairly certain you heard the word wrong.
- Priory Novice: How far back does the history here go?
- Historian Angelina: Hundreds of years. In some cases, a thousand or more.
- Priory Novice: Written history spanning hundreds of years? It seems an inefficient way to pass on knowledge.
- Priory Scholar: That noisy norn is back. Would someone shut him up?
- The Priory Archives in an instanced section of the Durmand Priory.
- Under the Durmand Priory can be found the entrance to the Scarlet's Secret Lair instance.
- Services provided were formerly limited to members of the order.
- The Durmand Priory Waypoint was originally located in the round room at the end of the hallway, near the Priory Archives. With the Escape from Lion's Arch update, it was moved outside, to the courtyard. The update also added a new wooden staircase leading from the Priory courtyard down to the new refugee camp in Bouldermouth Vale.
- The layout of the outer part of the Priory resembles a Mjolnir amulet.