Reflect is a combat mechanic that returns incoming projectile attacks to their source, including all properties of the projectiles; the original target is unaffected by a reflected attack. However, reflected attacks do not count as hits and will not trigger hit-based effects, such as on-hit sigil effects. Unblockable projectiles cannot be reflected.
For example, if a ranger attacks a foe using the longbow's Rapid Fire, the arrows will be reflected back at the ranger. If any hit, the ranger will be damaged and be affected by vulnerability; the target will not.
Each projectile can only be reflected twice, after which they will go through any further reflecting effects unless they can also block projectiles.
The way traits affect reflected projectiles depends on each particular trait-skill combination, and how each trait interacts with skills and effects. For example:
- Leg Specialist deals immobilize when crippled is dealt, so a Throw Axe reflected back at someone with Leg Specialist will not deal immobilize unless the one who reflects it has also Leg Specialist or a similar trait; but if the one reflecting has Leg Specialist, the immobilized will be dealt along the reflected crippled, as the immobilize is added to the act of dealing crippled, not to the skill.
Weapon skills that reflect
- Magnetic Shield
- Whirling Defense
- Punishing Strikes
- Magnetic Aura
- Magnetic Wave
- Sand Squall
Underwater weapon skills that reflect
Healing skills that reflect
Utility skills that reflect
Elite skills that reflect
Skills with special conditions that reflect
- Chapter 3: Valiant Bulwark (from Tome of Courage)
- Air Blast (from Flamethrower)
- Photon Wall (when above 50% Heat)
- Sonic Barrier (underwater pet skill from Juvenile Reef Drake)
Effects that cause reflect
Traits that reflect
- Shield Master — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking. Gain might when you block an attack or reflect a missile. Shield skills gain reduced recharge.
- Experimental Turrets — Turrets. Turrets create a reflective barrier when built and grant boons to allies around them on a regular interval.
- Arcane Resurrection — Cast Geyser when you begin reviving a downed ally. Geyser now partially revives downed allies. When you begin reviving an ally, you gain an aura based on your attunement.
- Unstable Conduit — Overloads grant an aura based on your attunement.
- Evasive Mirror — Reflect projectiles after a successful evasion.
- Master of Fragmentation — Your Shatter skills are improved.
- Warden's Feedback — Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles. Reduces recharge on focus weapon skills.
Non-projectiles that can be reflected
These skills can be reflected, even though they do not appear to be projectiles.
- Brekkabek will often throw bears as projectiles that can be reflected. Reflected bears that hit a target will become allied bears.[verification requested]
- Ascalonian Catacombs: Colossus Rumblus (P3): Shockwave (he raises both hands)
- Citadel of Flame: Braziers at start of P1 shoot fire projectiles
- Citadel of Flame: Stone (final P2 boss): The AoE fireballs can be absorbed, e.g. using Swirling Winds
- Crucible of Eternity: Icebrood Elemental's Freeze Row (that icy cone aoe)
- Honor of the Waves: Aldus Stormbringer's projectiles can be reflected, but when his Shield of Jormag buff is up, they will be re-reflected back.
- Sorrow's Embrace: Destroyer of Worlds: Shrapnel Grenade (summons Destroyer of Earth) can be reflected to spawn a friendly Destroyer.
- The Ruined City of Arah: Belka's projectiles can be reflected, but if her Bubble buff is up, they will be reflected back at you.
- Twilight Arbor: Spiders: Entangling Web, a ranged attack
- Uncategorized Fractal:
- Ettin: Bellow (glows and stomps ground)
- The puzzle stairwell orbs can be reflected.
- Captain Mai Trin: Pistol Shot (teleporting skill) can be reflected, teleporting you to Mai Trin
- Snowblind Fractal — Sons of Svanir: the greatsword Whirlwind Attack (glow and stick sword in ground) can be reflected.
- Molten Furnace Fractal — Weapon Testing Facility: Fire tornado phase and Fire barrage phase can be reflected. Place the reflect/absorb skill right in the center of the Fire barrage to work.
Unreflectable special cases
These skills cannot be reflected, even though they appear to include projectile-like animations or are similar to real-world projectiles
- Blunderbuss: the game does not treat buckshot or shrapnel skills as projectiles.
- Spider Queen: her Venom Spray projectiles are unblockable.
- Cave Troll's Troll Smash (a bouncing electric ball) and its stomp cannot be reflected
- Greater Vine/Nightmare Vines: Spit
- Malrona: Venom Blast is made of unblockable projectiles.
- Spiders generally cannot be reflected, except for their Entangling Web Attack; everything else is a spray/bite.
- Slick: Tar Pool
- Sparki: Ground Bloom
- Icebrood Troll: Every skill of this champion is unblockable, making reflects obsolete.
- Aldus Stormbringer: Although his projectiles can be reflected, if he has his Shield of Jormag buff, they will be re-reflected back at you, potentially killing you instantly.
- Subject Alpha: Teeth of Mordremoth is unblockable.
- Champion Orrian Spiders: Venom Blast (same attack as Malrona)
- Dead Eye: Kill shot is unblockable
- Ancient Ooze and Vile Oozes have unblockable attacks.
- Shoggroth: Tar Spit is unblockable.
- Inquest Handler: Blunderbuss
- Alphard: Daggerstorm (electric bouncing bolts are unblockable)
- Belka's projectiles can be reflected, however if her Bubble buff is up, her projectiles will reflect back at you (e.g. Point Blank Shot - the knockback)
- Wraithlord's Hunter: Poison Cloud is unblockable.
- Captain Mai Trin - Pistol Spin (instead, sidestep to avoid damage).
- Reflection projectile's chance to cause a critical hit scale with the Precision of the character who used reflect, not the original attacker's.