Enemy of My Enemy
Enemy of My Enemy
- 1330 AE
- Path of Fire
- Enemy of My Enemy
- The Desolation
Domain of Vabbi
- Bringing Out the Archon
Speak with Kito and make a plan to take control of Joko's armies.
- Seek Agent Kito
Create the illusion of a Sunspear uprising.
- Replace Joko portraits atop building with Sunspear propaganda.
- Raid Awakened camps and fly the banner of the Sunspears.
- Enemy of My Enemy
Gather information and form a strategy to recruit Palawa Joko's generals.
- Intercept Archon Iberu at the outskirts of the Bone Palace.
- (Defeat Archon Iberu.)
- Archon Iberu
- Infiltrate the Bone Palace.
- Deceive Grand Vizier Utumishi.
- Speak with your team in private.
Seek the aid of Troopmarshal Olori Ogun.
- Meet your guildmates at the troopmarshal's encampment in Vehjin.
- Proceed to the encampment.
- Follow the guard to the troopmarshal.
- Speak with Troopmarshal Olori Ogun.
- Gather Troopmarshal Olori Ogun's newly Awakened recruits.
- Lead the Awakened assault on the Foundry.
- Find a way up to the portal platform.
- Destroy the Forged Portal.
- Forged Portal
- Report back to the troopmarshal.
- Regroup with your guildmates.
Seek the aid of Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko.
- Meet your guildmates at the Beastmarshal's encampment in Vehjin.
- Speak with Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko.
- Follow Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko.
- Follow the Beastmarshal's instructions.
- Follow Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko.
- Enter the portal to begin the challenge.
- Cast Grasp of Joko on the beast three times: 0/3
- Optional: Cast Grasp of Joko an additional two times: 0/2
- Return to the portal leading back to the plateau.
- Speak with Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko.
- Regroup with your guildmates.
- Bringing out the Archon
- Enemy of my Enemy
Bringing out the Archon
- In the nearby Village of Purity, ascend the rooftops and interact with the indicated spots to display Sunspear banners.
- Capture the indicated Awakened camps further south. To do so you only need to interact with the banners in their center, not necessarily kill all the Awakened. Stealth can be useful for this.
Enemy of My Enemy
Move south to enter the story instance at the indicated spot near Joko's Domain Waypoint. You'll shortly meet Archon Iberu. Put him down. This boss will summon Awakened, create crippling tar AoEs, charge at you and drain lifeforce from his minions. To interrupt his drain skill, which restore a huge portion of his health, attack and kill the awakened he is draining from.
Now Kasmeer will make you and your group appear to be Iberu and his minions. Follow the indicated path to the palace. The palace guard will briefly attack you but then recognize you as Iberu. Go meet Grand Vizier Utumishi and Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo, then leave the palace again to talk to your team.
- Seek the aid of Troopmarshal Olori Ogun
Your task now is to attack the Forged with a bunch of Ogun's freshly dead recruits. You get a set of new skills to do this:
- Mummy Army skills
|1||Melee Attack||¼||Order a mummy to rush in and attack the target! Medium damage. (Hold to send multiple mummies.)|
|2||Ranged Attack||¼||Order a mummy to attack from a distance. Light damage, slows. (Hold to send multiple mummies.)|
|3||Mummy Decoy||¼||Order a mummy to take a position and attract enemy attention.|
|Mummy Bomb||¼||Order your defending mummy to blow itself up in a blast of necromantic energy, dealing heavy damage to nearby foes.|
|5||Come to Me!||¾||Order Awakened mummies to follow you. Will cancel any given commands.|
|Switch to Commanding Mummies!||...|
|Switch to Personal Skills!||...|
"Melee Attack" (1) orders your force to attack an enemy, "Ranged Attack" (2) does the same thing at range, "Mummy Decoy" (3) makes one of your mummies attract enemy attention (and then blow themselves up on your command), and "Come to Me" (5) will rally nearby mummies to you. You can also switch back to your own skills with the special action key and enter combat yourself.
Use (5) on the four Awakened Recruits nearby and lead them to glory. You can test out your army on the Forged Prowlers underway, but note that your soldiers' health does not regenerate, so avoiding combat is preferable.
Lead your troops to the nearby Forged Gate, kill the defenders and recruit two more mummies. The Hothead Forged Soldiers you encounter beyond the gate are immune to melee hits and need to be attacked at range (2). Inside the forge, the shielded Forged are only vulnerable after their shield generator is destroyed.
Assault the portal on the upper level of the facility, recruiting new troops as you proceed. Path to portal is from main hall, stairs on right leading down, follow path then stairs on left going up to platform with a room of four awakened troops. Down the stairs leads to portal. If your troop dies, you can recruit the four in room. First take out the shielded soldier near the portal by dodging through the flame walls behind him and destroying the shield generator. The Elite Foundry Overseer guarding the portal switches between immunity to melee and immunity to ranged, so pay attention to his status when targeting him. Destroy the portal and return to Ogun, then talk to your team.
- Seek the aid of Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko
After leaving the instance, travel south to the Necropolis to meet Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko in another instance. Again you need to prove your skills as a necromancer. Eranko teaches you "Joko's Grasp", an ability that drains speed from enemies while mounted.
Mount your raptor and accept Eranko's challenge. Your task is to catch up with the Beast of the Valley and tag it at least thrice with Joko's Grasp:
- Cycle through wayside enemies with "Tab" to drain speed from them to catch up.
- Set the Beast as your target (Ctrl-T), then press T to return focus to it quickly.
Then return to the starting point in the southwestern part of the circuit, accept the allegiance of the easily impressed Eranko, and talk to your team to complete the mission.
|Enemy of My Enemy||Path of Fire: Act 3||11|
| Complete the Enemy of My Enemy mission.Journal: Enemy of My Enemy Completed
||Completed Enemy of My Enemy||1|
|Clogged Drain||Path of Fire: Act 3||3|
| Defeat Archon Iberu without ever letting him drain.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy
||Halted Archon Iberu's Drain Ability||3|
- Iberu will be invulnerable while channeling his drain, so he cannot be interrupted by breaking his breakbar. Instead, kill the Awakened he has targeted: it can be easily identified by the red orb above its head.
- The Archon will announce his intent to drain an Awakened soldier by shouting "Take heart, Awakened. Your death prolongs my life." or "Soldiers, you squander your life force. Surrender it to me."
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Clogged Drain effect.
|Iberu, We Hardly Knew You||Path of Fire: Act 3||2|
| Take out Archon Iberu in under 2 minutes.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy
||Defeated Archon Iberu||2|
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Iberu, We Hardly Knew You effect.
|Explosives Expert||Path of Fire: Act 3||2|
|Take out 10 Forged with a single mummy bomb.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy||Ten Forged Detonated||2|
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Explosives Expert effect. Must be completed before closing the Portal.
- Try to lure enemies together first before commanding the defending mummy to explode.
- The explosion isn't enough to destroy the smaller forged creatures in a single hit, so make sure to whittle down the Forged Prowlers, Forged Hookheads, and Forged Scavengers if you plan on using these as part of the required 10 targets.
|Master of Mummies||Path of Fire: Act 3||3|
| Close the portal without ever switching to your personal skills.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Master of Mummies effect.
|Mummy Legion||Path of Fire: Act 3||2|
|Have at least 15 mummies under your command.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy||Fifteen Mummies Commanded||2|
- Mummies respawn, but Forged do not, so don't be afraid to sacrifice mummies while clearing a path to obtain more troops.
- The number of mummies currently under your control can be tracked via the Mummy Army effect.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Mummy Legion effect. Must be completed before closing the Portal.
|Tag!||Path of Fire: Act 3||2|
|Catch the Beast of the Valley five times in a single lap.Story Mission: Enemy of My Enemy||Caught the Beast of the Valley Five Times||2|
- Try to keep ahead of the Beast by draining other mobs to maintain speed.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Tag! effect.
- Awakened Archer
- Awakened Troop/Awakened Recruit
- Awakened Soldier
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo
- Elite Foundry Overseer
- Forged Hookhead
- Forged Prowler
- Forged Scavenger
- Forged Sharpshooter
- Forged Shieldbearer
- Forged Soldier
- Forged War Mage
- Forged Weaponeer
- Hothead Forged Soldier
- Hothead Forged Weaponeer
- Magnetized Forged Soldier
- Magnetized Forged Weaponeer
Bringing Out the Archon
- Shadows Agent Kito: Commander, how are you alive? Balthazar killed you. I watched from the shadows as you fell.
- Shadows Agent Kito: We knew Balthazar was having you watched, but he struck before we could send a warning. What happened after you...died?
- <Character name>: In time, I'll tell you...where I came to be, what I saw, how I escaped—everything that happened since my death. But. first, you must help me.
- Shadows Agent Kito: In exchange for that knowledge, absolutely. Anything the Order can do. Name it.
- <Character name>: I want to use Joko's army to stop Balthazar.
- Shadows Agent Kito: Commander, the Order of Shadows is powerful. Accomplished. Capable of near miracles...
- Shadows Agent Kito: But we can't deliver an army of Awakened to you. No one, save Joko himself, can do that.
- <Character name>: Archon Iberu could.
- Shadows Agent Kito: The archon? I...I suppose Joko's marshals might follow the orders of the archon. If those orders came from the king himself.
- <Character name>: I have it on the best authority that they would.
- Shadows Agent Kito: But the Order has no sway with Archon Iberu. The last time we caught Joko's attention, he killed thirty of our agents.
- <Character name>: I'll take care of Iberu. I just need to know where to find him...and Joko‘s marshals.
- Shadows Agent Kito: I suppose Grand Vizier Utumishi in the Bone Palace to the southwould know where the marshals are.
- Shadows Agent Kito: As for the archon, the fastest and safest way to engage him would be to lure him here.
- Shadows Agent Kito: But he usually considers the area south of the wall unworthy of his attention.
- <Character name>: If he thought the Sunspears were rebelling down here, he'd have to come running to end the threat, right?
- Shadows Agent Kito: There aren't enough Sunspears left to stage an uprising.
- <Character name>: Only takes one, and they don't have to be a Sunspear.
- <Character name>: A few attacks on Awakened camps, some conspicuously placed Sunspear banners...
- <Character name>: That would look like a Sunspear declaration of war no matter who was responsible.
- Shadows Agent Kito: It's risky...very risky. Be careful, Commander—your next death could be your last.
- <Character name>: Here's a perfect spot to start a fake revolution.
- <Character name>: Looks like a rebellion's brewing.
- <Character name>: The banners are up, the camps are down. That should get Iberu's attention.
- <Character name>: Now to the Bone Palace...to wait.
- Beginning of the instance
- Canach: Commander, your Sunspear ruse seems to have succeeded.
- Canach: The Awakened are on high alert, and earlier the Order spotted Iberu en route here to the palace.
- Rytlock Brimstone: So we find the archon, take him out, then use Kas's "imposter" trick to take his place, right?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not a trick. Mesmers don't do "tricks"—we utilize illusion.
- If player is an elementalist:
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, yeah. You guys are worse than elementalists. No offense, Commander.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, yeah. You guys are worse than elementalists.
- Approaching Archon Iberu
- Archon Iberu: You! You're the outlander from the casino! You're lucky I don't have time to deal with you right now.
- <Character name>: If you're looking for the massive Sunspear army who harassed your camps and marked your territory...I'm it.
- Archon Iberu: Outlander garbage! Your pretending to be Sunspear profanes the name.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Then you're really going to hate what he
- Attacking the Archon before above dialogue finishes
- <Character name>: Take the archon out! Quickly!
- Fighting the Archon
- One of the following, upon channeling the consumption of his followers
- Archon Iberu: Take heart, Awakened. Your death prolongs my life.
- Archon Iberu: Soldiers, you squander your life force. Surrender it to me.
- Upon succeeding in consuming the life force of his followers
- Archon Iberu: That hit the spot!
- One of the following, if the follower that is marked for consumption is killed before the spell completes
- Archon Iberu: No!
- Archon Iberu: What—I
- One of the following, upon summoning new followers if they died previously
- Archon Iberu: Awakened, to me!
- Archon Iberu: Awakened! To my side!
- Upon reaching 20%
- Archon Iberu: These soldiers are useless! I'll just take you out myself.
- After the fight
- <Character name>: Now that the real Iberu's out of the picture, it's time to bring in the imposter. Kas?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I'm not looking forward to looking like an Awakened, but...go on. Mesmerize me.
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: Okay, one archon and his entourage—coming up.
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: There.
- Rytlock Brimstone: So? How do I look?
- Canach: Like something that's been dead and buried for a year, then dug up and dragged back to life. How about me?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Same.
- <Character name>: Let's just hope this fools the vizier.
- Crossing the bridge to the Bone Palace
- <Character name>: Well, I can see why they call this the "Bone Palace."
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Are those centaur bones?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I guess Joko hates to see any dead body go to waste.
- Canach: If you're a human, you're Awakened. If you're a centaur, you're architecture.
- At the entrance after the guards attack
- Bone Palace Guard (1): Archon? Oh no, I attacked Archon Iberu! It ...it was an accident. Please forgive me, Archon!
- Bone Palace Guard (2): So, does your arrival mean the Sunspear uprising has been crushed?
- <Character name>: Like it never existed. I'm here to deliver plans for King Joko's next great victory to Grand Vizier Utumishi.
- Bone Palace Guard (2): Of course, Archon. The grand vizier is inside conferring with Wurmmarshal Ekolo.
- Bone Palace Guard (1): Please don't tell Utumishi I attacked an archon. Please.
- If you hit the guard with special action
- Bone Palace Guard (1): Brutal. But fair.
- Bone Palace Guard (1): Lesson learned.
- Approaching the throne
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: Nonsense, Wurmmarshal. Of course King Joko values the contribution of your wurm corps.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: Has His Most Elegant Highness not always insisted your battle wurms accompany his troops into combat?
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: Yes, but I worry he only wants them as emergency rations.
- <Character name>: Grand Vizier Utumishi.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: Archon Iberu, welcome. I trust you've come to quell this unrelenting Sunspear insurgency.
- <Character name>: I bring orders from King Joko who commands that we turn our might against the true threat: the fallen god Balthazar.
- <Character name>: He has tasked me with leading his army against the disgraced deity. I trust that you will make the necessary arrangements.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: I'm honored, Archon, but also confused. I didn't realize Joko had returned.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: And you know that, in his wisdom, Joko has only given me authority over civil matters, not military.
- <Character name>: Perhaps I misspoke...
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: That's quite unlike you, Archon. You're usually so precise.
- <Character name>: Or perhaps you misheard me.
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: You must forgive Utumishi, Archon.
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: He can't possibly understand how little attention heroes of battle—such as you and I—pay to the job descriptions of civil servants.
- <Character name>: I should hope the vizier was not questioning the direct orders of his all-seeing king.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: Oh, no, no, no—I would never question the will of the most munificent Joko.
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: Unlike my dear...acquaintance, I pledge to you the unquestioned fealty of myself and my wurm corps.
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: I trust marshals Ogun and Eranko will do the same.
- <Character name>: And how might I contact the other marshals?
- Wurmmarshal Osa Ekolo: You'll find Troopmarshal Ogun at his camp southeast of Vehjin. He's currently training new recruits there.
- Grand Vizier Utumishi: And Beastmarshal Eranko is drilling the kingdom's cavalry from atop a plateau near the Necropolis.
- <Character name>: King Joko will be told of your assistance, Wurmmarshal. And Vizier...I promise your name will come up as well.
- Leaving the palace
- Bone Palace Guard (1): Thank you for not mentioning my earlier assault to the grand vizier.
- Bone Palace Guard (1): And please don't tell Joko. I beg you, Archon, please. He scares me.
- Bone Palace Guard (2): You're a disgrace to the uniform.
- Canach: Well played, Commander. You have a real talent for navigating the world of bureaucratic kiss-assery.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Now all we have to do is dupe the other two marshals into joining the cause.
- <Character name>: I nearly slipped up with the vizier. We should split up—see what we can learn about the other two beforehand to avoid mistakes.
- Canach: Can we at least lose these disguises for now? The buzzards' stares are making me nervous.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: There. Better?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Much. (sniffs) But I think the stench is still clinging to my fur.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I believe that was there before.
- <Character name>: We'll meet up near Vehjin and compare notes on the troopmarshal. Good luck.
- Beginning of the instance
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Commander, now that you're here, I can put us back into a Mordant Crescent guise.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hurray.
- <Character name>: Was anyone able to learn anything useful about the troopmarshal?
- Canach: The Order of Shadows says the Forged have a history of attacking his training facilities here.
- Lady Kasmeer Maede: So there's no love lost between Troopmarshal Ogun and the Forged.
- Rytlock Brimstone: If we sell this to Ogun as revenge against Balthazar, maybe he'll sign on.
- <Character name>: If we can convince him that the archon's the guy who will get it done.
- Approaching the training camp
- Awakened Archer: Archon, sir. Welcome. You honor us with your presence.
- <Character name>: I bring orders directly from the Most Tenacious King Palawa Joko for the troopmarshal's ears only.
- Awakened Archer: Yes, sir. Follow me.
- Approaching Troopmarshal Olori Ogun
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: Archon, greetings! Wurmmaster Ekolo told me you might come calling.
- <Character name>: Then you know that King Joko has asked me to gather and lead his armies against Balthazar.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: And I can think of no greater honor than to follow the storied archon into battle.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: Unfortunately, the Forged have a huge foundry nearby with a portal they use to refresh their ranks.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: If I were to leave now, there would be no one to monitor the troops and supplies that are coming in and out of the site.
- <Character name>: Why haven't you just attacked the foundry and destroyed the portal?
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: This is a training camp, I don't have the seasoned troops I'd need to attack a target that big.
- <Character name>: If I did your job for you and found and destroyed the portal, you'd have no excuse not to follow me into combat.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: Archon, if you can do that with these recruits, I'd follow you into the Underworld and back.
- <Character name>: Maybe next time. For now, just watch how the Mordant Crescent gets it done — then start packing your kit for Kodash.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: I've only had time to teach these recruits basic combat commands.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: The Forged have kidnapped many of my recruits. If you see any inside, please get them out. I need all the bodies I can get.
- <Character name>: I suggest you watch and learn from the safety of your camp. Maybe next time you won`t be so cowed by a horde of empty armor.
- Approaching guildmates
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We're coming with you.
- <Character name>: No, I have to succeed where Ogun couldn't with "these recruits."
- Approaching the forge's gate
- <Character name>: The portal's got to be through that gate.
- <Character name>: This explains how Balthazar's able to maintain armor and troop levels this far south.
- After destroying the portal
- <Character name>: That should bring Ogun on board.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: Very impressive, Archon. Your reputation as a leader and as a strategist is clearly well earned.
- <Character name>: I've slowed the Forged reinforcements. But the key to stopping them is to take out Balthazar.
- Troopmarshal Olori Ogun: A worthy goal — one I look forward to helping you achieve. Count me and my soldiers in.
- <Character name>: Assemble your troops and meed me outside Kodash. Once I command the full force of Joko's armies, the shunned god will fall.
- Regrouping with guildmates
- Rytlock Brimstone: Okay, Kas, Commander's back. Can we lose the maggot wear?
- Canach: I hate to admit it, but as unpleasant as Kasmeer's illusion is, it does appear to be working.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I guess so. Next time, how about you three be the Awakened, and I'll be your captured charr prisoner?
- Canach: Nice try, Cuddles.
- Rytlock Brimstone: That had better not stick.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Only one of Joko's marshals is left. Shall we split up and ask around about Beastmarshal Eranko?
- <Character name>: It worked this time. We'll regroup again near the Necropolis.
- Beginning of the instance
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Hail, Commander. Or should I say, "Archon."
- <Character name>: Have you seen Rytlock or Canach?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: "Cuddles" and Canach arrived early. They want to be done with these disguises, so they already headed into Eranko's camp.
- Awakened Archer: Archon, your envoys are meeting with Beastmarshal Eranko now.
- <Character name>: My envoys?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I should have never let them go in alone.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Hail, Archon! Your representatives and I were just discussing the situation about Balthazar.
- <Character name>: I see. How...presumptuous of them.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Forgive us, Archon. We meant no disrespect.
- Canach: We sought only to expedite matters, Archon.
- <Character name>: Mongrels! Next time you step out of line, I'll put you both back in the graves I salvaged you from. Now go!
- <Character name>: Beastmarshal, might I suggest that the next time Joko sends his archon to speak with you, you not start the meeting without him?
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I assure you, Archon, nothing of import was discussed. In fact, they spoke highly of you, boasting of your superior riding skills.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Of course, I like to think my mounted troops are without equal. Would you honor me with a demonstration of what makes you superior?
- <Character name>: Are you questioning my abilities?
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I mean no slight, but a mounted soldier requires more than just exceptional riding skills.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Necromantic draining is essential if you hope to ride against Balthazar's horde.
- <Character name>: Show me how it works. If your soldiers can master the technique, how difficult can it be?
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: You are most gracious, Archon. This way, please.
- Learning how to use necromantic draining
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I'd be honored to guide you through the most basic of our necromantic draining skills.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: First, please mount up and enter the paddock.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: As you approach any of these beasts while mounted, you'll see that the Grasp of Joko is available to you. Use it.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: By draining the life from your target, you can imbue your mount with unnatural speed.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: My troops use this skill to tame the Beast of the Valley.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Now, if you'll come with me.
- Explaining the Beast Valley Circuit test
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: If you bring half the conviction to the battlefield that you did to my compound, then I look forward to fighting Balthzar with you.
- <Character name>: With me? Perhaps my companions misspoke in my absence, because Joko himself granted me sole command over his armies.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: If you're leading Ogun's shambling infantry or Ekolo's wurms, yes, but mine is a specialized unit requiring a particular expertise.
- <Character name>: As an archon, I'm not accustomed to auditioning for command.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: And as this squad's leader, I'm not about to let my troops be slaughtered by someone else's ineptitude.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: However, out of respect for the wishes of our beloved King Joko, I'll give you a chance to prove yourself worthy of assuming command.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I have a test that measures my corps members' abilities. If you successfully complete the Valley Beast Circuit, I'll reconsider your request.
- <Character name>: So if I fail, you still have the honor of fighting alongside the archon. But if I succeed...
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: History shows you can lead. If you catch the beast with the Grasp of Joko three times, you'll prove you can ride.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: To keep pace with the beast, you'll have to drain creatures in the area. There are also a few shortcuts for skilled mounts.
- <Character name>: All this chatter. It would've been faster and easier for me to just seize control of your troops.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Very well, Archon. When you're ready to begin, simply step through this portal.
- Talking to Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko before interacting with the portal
- [verification requested]
- If unmounted or riding a Raptor:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Head through the portal when you're ready. And might I say—a raptor is an excellent choice for a mount.
- <Character name>: Heading to the portal now.
- If riding a Springer:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I have to say, Archon, your choice of mounts is not quite what I was expecting.
- <Character name>: I didn't ask your opinion.
- If riding a Skimmer:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Go on, Archon. Let's see what that skimmer can do.
- <Character name>: I'm going.
- If riding a Jackal:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: A jackal? Interesting choice. You may find my standards are higher than the djinn who granted it to you.
- <Character name>: I'm not worried.
- If riding a Griffon:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Your fancy flying mount won't impress my troops unless you can ride it, Archon.
- <Character name>: Watch and see.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: What even is that thing you ride? You have a strange taste in mounts.
- <Character name>: I use what works.
- After entering the portal
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Are you ready, Archon?
- <Character name>: As ever, Beastmarshal.
- Upon successfully using Grasp of Joko on Beast of the Valley
- <Character name>: Got it. That's one.
- <Character name>: There's two.
- <Character name>: Three's all she asked for, but I think I can do more.
- <Character name>: That's four.
- <Character name>: And five! I'd call that done.
- Upon completing the circuit once
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: Inspired riding, Archon! You are truly deserving of Joko's faith.
- If completed 5 successful uses of Grasp of Joko on Beast of the Valley:
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: I haven't witnessed such prowess since His Eminence lashed together six hydras to run down the renegade Turai Ossa!
- <Character name>: I look forward to leading you and the others to victory against the pretender god.
- Beastmarshal Oluwa Eranko: It will be glorious. Hail Palawa Joko, Scourge of Vabbi!
- Regrouping with guildmates
- <Character name>: Great work, Kas. Now we have three of Joko's top marshals ready to follow us into battle.
- Canach: Did you hear something? Was the mighty archon addressing our pack of filthy mongrels?
- <Character name>: I might've gotten a little carried away back there...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Maybe if the archon whistled our marching orders in a higher register...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: "Put you both back in the graves I salvaged you from?" (laughs) Seriously, Commander?
- <Character name>: (laughs) Okay, okay, but it did work. Time to focus on the big battle ahead: Balthazar.
- <Character name>: Make whatever preparations you need, and we'll see each other again at Kodash Bazaar.
Bring Out the Archon
Enemy of My Enemy