In 1078 AE, earthquakes tore open the ground, revealing ancient crypts beneath. Local Stone Summit dwarves sensed great magic within and ordered their dredge slaves to excavate the area in order to reach it. The source of the magic turned out to be the trapped undead lich Zoldark the Unholy who promised the dwarves unimaginable power if he was freed from his tomb. However, unbeknownst to the miners, he gradually began possessing their minds to turn them into his enslaved minions.
Thanks to the information delivered by worried dredge slaves who were struggling against the lich's spreading influence, a party of heroes realized the threat and descended into the Vloxen Excavations where they defeated Zoldark in the heart of his tomb.
Locations and objectives
- Vloxen Mine Vista —
- Assault Vloxen Mine! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the centurion ransacking the area before they escape (80) [Group Event]
- Defend Vloxen Mine from Dominion forces! (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy enemy cannons around the mine (80)
- Destroy the Dominion Comm Tower (80)
- Escort legion forces to the Fort (80) [Group Event]
- Escort legion forces to the mine (80) [Group Event]
- Escort the supply caravan to the fort (80)
- Escort the supply caravan to the mine (80)
- Find and defuse Dominion mines (80)
- Gather intelligence from Dominion recon specialists (80)
- Squash skirmishes around the area to maintain troop morale (80)
- Ash Legion Scout
- Ash Legion Shadow
- Ash Legion Spy
- Blood Legion Blademaster
- Blood Legion Duelist
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Flame Legion Axe Fiend
- Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- Iron Legion Engineer
- Iron Legion Marksman
- Iron Legion Sentinel
- Iron Legion Soldier
- Solicitus Foecrusher
- Dominion Axe Fiend
- Dominion Blademaster
- Dominion Duelist
- Dominion Engineer
- Dominion Fire Shaman
- Dominion Marksman
- Dominion Sentinel
- Dominion Shadow
- Dominion Sniper
- Dominion Soldier
- Dominion Stalker
- Veteran Dominion Marksman
- Veteran Dominion Scout
- Veteran Dominion Sentinel
- Veteran Dominion Shadow
- Near the Mine Front Gate
- Blood Legion Soldier (1): You hear something suspicious, you shoot first.
- Blood Legion Soldier (2): What if it's not an enemy?
- Blood Legion Soldier (1): It's always an enemy.
- Blood Legion Soldier (2): Yeah...got it.
- Near the Vloxen Mine Vista
- Ash Legion Shadow: So, you read the new Snargle Goldclaw novel yet?
- Iron Legion Sentinel: Why would I read that trash?
- Ash Legion Shadow: It's a good distraction. Plus that scene in the hot springs is pretty...steamy...
- Iron Legion Sentinel: The what now?
- North of the Vloxen Mine Vista near the Gate
- Ash Legion Shadow: I've been ready to fight since I was a cub. Couldn't wait to take out enemies on the battlefield.
- Seraph Soldier: Is it what you thought it'd be?
- Ash Legion Shadow: The battle part, yeah. The enemies part, no.
- Seraph Soldier: No?
- Ash Legion Shadow: I...never pictured them being Ash, I guess. Everyone else, sure. But not Ash.
- Bouncing Mushroom
- Charr Chest
- Dominion Propaganda Speaker
- Listening Device
- Mine Front Gate
- Suspicious Shrub
- United Legions Waystation
- Water Supply
- Resource nodes
- In Guild Wars: Eye of the North, the area served as a dungeon rather than as a part of an open world zone.