- 1335 AE
- End of Dragons
- Old Friends
- Lornar's Pass
- Preceded by
- Followed by
Loading screen for Lornar's Pass.
Loading screen for Aetherblade Armada.
Loading screen for Detention Facility.
Old Friends is the first chapter of the End of Dragons story.
Attend Gorrik's reunion.
- Head to Lornar's Pass to meet with Gorrik.
- Talk to Gorrik.
- Chaperone Gorrik.
- Chaperone Gorrik and Ankka.
- Defeat the ambush!
- Rescue Gorrik!
- Pursue the Aetherblades with Aurene.
- Check inside the ship.
- Defeat the Aetherblades!
- Download the flight data.
- Get out of there!
- Continue moving from ship to ship.
- Use Aurene's power to cross the gap.
- Stop that Aetherblade!
- (Destroy control panels to shut off the traps.)
- Panels destroyed: x/4
- Continue moving from ship to ship.
- Find a way to reposition the airship.
- Free Gorrik.
- Escape to the deck!
- Get your bearings.
- (Leave your cell.)
- Sign out.
- Follow Detective Rama.
- Retrieve your belongings.
- Talk to Kasmeer.
- Meet the Minister of Security.
- Tale of Adventure
- Old Fishing Rod
- Deluxe Gear Box
- Bag of Loot (3)
- If not already unlocked, unlocks the ability to use Gliding.
- Replaying the story chapter
- Tale of Adventure (5) (once per day)
- Lornar's Pass
Head to Lornar's Pass near Rocklair to enter the instance (titled Old Friends) where you will walk and talk while Gorrik meets up with Ankka. Once her ruse is revealed, defeat the Aetherblades. When prompted to do so, leave the instance.
- Aetherblade Armada
Interact with theprompt in Lornar's Pass to continue to the next instance (titled Aetherblade Armada).
While in the Aetherblade Armada, you will gain Aurene's Grace (protection from fall damage) and Gliding Disabled (no gliders permitted).
Defeat the Aetherblades inside the ship after conversing with Aurene. Waiting outside but in range of the ship's cockpit will allow Ivan's full dialogue to play out. Interact with the ship's console, before changing to different ships by jumping off the bow onto their decks, defeating Aetherblades on the way.
After the ships have entered the Mists, Aurene will grant you Aurene's Might (deal more damage and receive less damage) and Prismatic Leap (this special action skill will allow you to jump to Aetherblade ships further away). At this point, the achievement Think Before You Leap will be available.
Jumping onto the next ship's deck will signal for Aetherblade Cannoneers to fly in, whose AoE can easily cause the loss of Qualify for This Isn't Cannon. If you want to attempt For Lion's Arch, then use the special action key to jump to their platforms and defeat the Cannoneers as well. Upon death they drop an Aether Cannon which can be used to take out other groups of Aetherblades from a distance. Continue moving from ship to ship with the special action key and kill the Aetherblades on deck.
Following and fighting the Elite Haunted Aetherblade inside the ship will cause purple laser spinning traps to appear, which can also remove Qualify for This Isn't Cannon. Ranged damage is useful here to avoid getting hit by the spinning traps when destroying the consoles, although they can be outmaneuvered. The next Aetherblade ship will also have spinning traps on deck, where you fight the Aetherblade crews, but the ship's bow with the control panel is a safe spot. Steer the ship closer by interacting with the Controls and repeat the process. When continuing onto the next ships steer clear of Aetherblade Cannoneers cannonfire AoE.
The two achievements This Isn't Cannon and Think Before You Leap should be completed prior to reaching Ankka's ship (as no more hazards will appear and the leap skill will be removed).
Eventually you will reach Ankka's ship; rescue Gorrik by defeating his captors then escape from the belly of the burning ship.
- Detention Facility
Waking up in a jail cell after washing ashore unconscious following the airships' crash, now is the time to read Gorrik's journal on the bench for Dear Diary or break out of the cell to complete The Great Escape. If the commander instead waits to hear out Gorrik's monologue a big-hatted man will relieve the prisoners. Follow Detective Rama into his office to sign the necessary paperwork and retrieve your gear. Having talked to ambassador Lady Kasmeer Meade and Marjory as well as Minister Li in front of the detention center you can stay in the instance to have additional conversations with Gorrik, Kasmeer and Marjory or exit to Seitung Province.
|Old Friends||End of Dragons: Act I||11|
|Chaperone Gorrik as he meets with Ankka.Journal: Old Friends Completed
||Completed Old Friends||1|
- Complete the instance
|Hook, Line, and Sinker||Cantha||15|
|Unlock fishing by completing the story journal chapter Old Friends and obtaining a fishing rod.||Obtained 1 Fishing Rod||5|
- Automatically earned by playing the story step for the first time.
- Aetherblade Armada
|For Lion's Arch||End of Dragons: Act I||1|
|Take out every Aetherblade deployed against you.Story Instance: "Old Friends"||Took Out Every Aetherblade Deployed against You||1|
- Wait until the achievement qualification appears before you start killing Aetherblades. Otherwise the achievement doesn't count the kills. [verification requested]
- There are 43 qualifying Aetherblades in total. The Aetherblades in the Lornar's Pass portion are not included.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for For Lion's Arch! effect.
|This Isn't Cannon||End of Dragons: Act I||1|
|Avoid all cannon fire and spinning traps.Story Instance: "Old Friends"||Avoided All Cannon Fire and Spinning Traps||1|
- This achievement requires not getting hit by cannons mounted on ships and platforms, the Aetherblade Cannoneer's AoE, or their lasers - dodges, blocks, projectile reflection or destruction and invulnerabilty are very useful.
- Aetherblade Cannoneers do not seem to use their cannon skill when you are in melee range of them; use this to your advantage with up-close-and-personal positioning.
- Consider using cannons dropped by previous cannoneers to instantly kill the next cannoneer.
- Consider using a ranged weapon for the Elite Haunted Aetherblade (who lures you into the ship) since the lasers that appear immediately afterwards may void the achievement if you are unlucky to get hit where they spawn.
- You may go inside some of the airships. Consider taking cover inside the ships to avoid the fire from the cannoneers.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for This Isn't Cannon effect.
|Think Before You Leap||End of Dragons: Act I||1|
|Clear the Armada using the leap skill less than 10 times.Story Instance: "Old Friends"||Cleared the Armada Using the Leap Skill Less than 10 Times||1|
- Consider using the "terrain" of the ships to position yourself so you can save Prismatic Leap uses.
- Consider using leap abilities from skills and bundles to save on Prismatic Leap uses, such as the Lightning Hammer or Experimental Rifle.
- The party leader is allowed to use Prismatic Leap a maximum of 9 times (at least one stack of the tracking effect must remain). Eligibility of party members is tracked by the leader's usage.
- Party members can make extra leaps without negating qualification for the achievement.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Qualify for Think Before You Leap effect.
- Detention Facility
|Dear Diary||End of Dragons: Act I||1|
|Read Gorrik's journal.Story Instance: "Old Friends"||Read Gorrik's journal||1|
- In the detention facility, after you wake up in prison, there's a journal on the bench. Interact with it and select the first option. You don't need to read the entire journal.
- As long as you don't leave the instance, you can go back to read the diary after escaping.
|The Great Escape||End of Dragons: Act I||1|
|Release yourself from your cell.Story Instance: "Old Friends"||Released Yourself from your Cell||1|
- This is timed to finish when the black hatted man comes to get you. If he does get there before you finish just reload character, it will put you right back at cell.
- Once awake in the prison cell, interact first with the Rubble Pile and pick up a Large Rock.
- Interact with the Worn Bench near Gorrik and smash it with the rock. This will break off a Plank. Pick up the Plank.
- Next to the cell door you can see the Keys (Hanging) outside. Examine these and use the Plank to knock them down.
- Examine the Keys again on the ground and use the Plank to move them closer.
- Pick up the Bandages off the bench next to the door and keys.
- Examine the Food bowl and then soak the bandages in the soup.
- Examine the Keys again and use the soaked bandages to retrieve them.
- Interact with the Cell Door and use the actual key to escape.
- Be sure to walk several steps out of the cell to trigger the achievement. Opening the door is not enough.
- Party members are awarded the achievement if the party leader is successful.
- Detective Rama / Big-Hatted Man
- Lady Kasmeer Meade
- Captain Mai Trin
- Marjory Delaqua
- Minister Li
- Ministry of Security Watch
- Xunlai Jade Administrator
- Various (Aetherblades)
- Aetherblade Cannoneer
- Aetherblade Grenadier
- Aetherblade Scrapper
- Aetherblade Striker
- Aetherblade Swashbuckler
- Aetherblade Taskmaster
- Aetherblade Thug
- Aetherblade Thumper
- Elite Haunted Aetherblade
- Haunted Aetherblade
- Renyak (Voice only)
- Veteran Aetherblade Cannoneer
- Veteran Aetherblade Striker
- Veteran Aetherblade Taskmaster
- Veteran Aetherblade Thug
In Lornar's Pass
- <Character name>: Gorrik! Wait up!
- Gorrik: Commander? What are you doing here?
- <Character name>: Just thought you could use the company.
- Gorrik: Seems implausible.
- <Character name>: So, tell me about this "old friend" you're meeting.
- Taimi: Yeah, Gorrik, we want to hear about An-kka.
- Caithe: Spare no detail.
- Gorrik: Ankka? She's an old colleague from my time at Thaumanova. We had a highly productive collaboration.
- Gorrik: I mean... I may have occasionally experienced mild heart arrhythmia when we worked together...
- Gorrik: But as Blish always said, "Don't masticate where you hibernate."
- Taimi: WHAT?
- Gorrik: Or something. I'm paraphrasing.
- Gorrik: Anyway, I lost touch with her years ago, after she left the Inquest. We haven't spoken since.
- Caithe: You know, Gorrik, passion can mature in absence. Like an exquisite wine.
- Taimi: (vomit noise)
- Gorrik: No, no, nothing like that. Just two ex-colleagues sharing research on a problem. And, Commander, we do have a problem.
- Gorrik: Taimi and I have been working on a hypothesis about Elder Dragons and magic. But with most gone, data is hard to come by.
- Gorrik: We're on terra incognita. Ankka is offering, and we need all the knowledge we can get.
- (At any point when the player character is moving too far away and Gorrik stops moving)
- Gorrik: We should hurry. It's a little chilly here.
- Ankka: Gorrik! Over here!
- Ankka: It's been so long! Let me take a look at you... You haven't changed a bit.
- Gorrik: Nor you. Ankka, allow me to introduce—
- Ankka: Oh, I know. It's an honor, Commander! Any friend of Gorrik's is a friend of mine.
- Caithe: Quite the charmer.
- Taimi: Ssh.
- <Character name>: Uh... Pleased to meet you.
- Gorrik: Feels like only yesterday we were side by side, two interns working to push the boundaries of science...
- Ankka: Those were the days...
- Gorrik: I meant to reach out after...what happened. I did. But there was this plague—beetles incubating in people's faces...
- Ankka: It was a long time ago. A lot's happened since then.
- Gorrik: I'm happy to see you're well. And eager to see this new data of yours.
- Ankka: Oh, that! Yeah...
- Ankka: I made that up.
- Taimi: She what?
- Gorrik: Made it up? But you said—you don't have a passion for Elder Dragons?
- Ankka: More of a professional interest. One in particular. I think you know her?
- Taimi: Wait a second...
- Gorrik: You do want something.
- Ankka: 'Fraid I do. Me...
- Ankka: ...and my Aetherblades.
- Taimi: AETHERBLADES?
- Ankka: Bye, Commander.
- Gorrik: Hey—
- Ankka: Great to finally meet you.
- Ankka points at <Character name>.
- Taimi: Gorrik!... Aetherblades—Inquest, natch! I knew she couldn't be trusted...
As Aurene arrives
- Aurene: Come, Champion! We'll catch them.
- Caithe: Aurene, hold on. We need a plan.
- Taimi: There's no time! They took Gorrik!
- Aurene: You can come with me or I can go alone—either way. But I'm not staying out of the fight this time.
- <Character name>: Scion and champion.
- Aurene: Scion and champion.
Upon arriving at the armada
- Aurene: I'll scout ahead to find him!
- Caithe: Aetherblades. Never thought I'd see those sky clowns again.
- Taimi: They're not clowns, they're killers! Remember Lion's Arch? They worked for SCARLET, for the love of — Oh, Gorrik...
- <Character name>: They've certainly been busy. Where did they get all these airships?
- Ivan: First Mate Ankka has secured the target.
- Ivan: This wasn't supposed to be a kidnapping. But I suppose the situation is what it is.
- Aetherblade Taskmaster: Chief, what about the Elder Dragon?
- Ivan: Captain's orders are clear.
- Aetherblade Taskmaster: Crew's been talkin'—thinkin' maybe we could try out Ankka's little toy.
- Ivan: No. No way. The Extractor is experimental; it could kill her. Stick to the plan and maintain course.
- Aetherblade Taskmaster: Aye aye, Chief.
- (If you enter before this dialog finishes)
- Ivan: Behind you!
- Aetherblade Swashbuckler: The commander? Oh, I am gonna enjoy kicking YOUR ass!
- Taimi: Aetherblades are insidious, but for pirates they're weirdly into data entry. Check the terminal for a map, a flight plan...
Interacting with Airship Console
- Taimi: These charts...they don't make any sense. Why would the Aetherblades go to—
- <Character name>: I have to get off this thing.
- Taimi: I'm reading a lot of wind shear up there! You can't use your glider!
As the ship catches fire
- Taimi: You don't have a choice! You're gonna have to jump!
- Aetherblade Grenadier: Flames—they're attacking from above!
- Captain Mai Trin: Trin to all ships. Prepare for Mist traversal!
- Ivan: You heard the captain! Portal activation on my command!
- Renyak: Hang on to yer pantaloons, sky pirates!
- Taimi: Reading some CRAZY energy spikes, Commander. See anything strange?
- <Character name>: You could say that.
- Aurene: They're heading into the Mists.
- Taimi: Oh no—I can't help you in there! Commander, please, don't let anything happen to Gor—
- Aurene: Just you and me now, Champion.
- <Character name>: Maybe just you. I have no way to get to the next ship.
- Aurene: Let me help. I think you'll enjoy this...
- <Character name>: WOO-HOO!
- Ivan: Hover platforms away! Hold the line!
- Aetherblade Cannoneer: This one's for First Mate Horrik!
- Captain Mai Trin: Commander: this is Captain Mai Trin of the Aetherblade Armada. We're not here to harm your asura friend.
- Captain Mai Trin: Call off Aurene and surrender. No one has to get hurt.
- Aurene: Everyone thinks I'm your pet...
- (Aurene destroys several airships with her flythrough.)
- Ivan: Captain! Look out!
- Captain Mai Trin: Evasive maneuvers! Hard to starboard!
- Aetherblade <member>: Glorious day to die, Commander!
- Ankka: Ankka to Munitions. Weapons check on the Extractor; prepare for live operation.
- Renyak: Thought Cap'n told us not to use it.
- Aetherblade Cannoneer: Fire at will!
- Ankka: Just a contingency. Make sure it's ready.
- Renyak: Aye, sir! Renyak out.
- Elite Haunted Aetherblade: Hold them off! I'll deal with the prisoner!
- <Character name>: Don't hurt him!
- Elite Haunted Aetherblade: Can't believe you fell for that!
- Renyak: Havin' fun in there, ye bilge rat? I've got a lil' treat for ya, aye!
- Elite Haunted Aetherblade: This is where it ends, Commander. You'll never reach your friend in time!
- <Character name>: No Gorrik. And I'm trapped. Gotta be a way to overload the system...
After disabling the consoles
- <Character name>: That did it. Now to find the right ship...
- Aurene: I'll take care of this one!
- Aetherblade Taskmaster: Mother Tree! The dragon!
- Aurene: (ROARS)
- <Character name>: Haven't seen Aurene like this in a while...
- Aetherblade Taskmaster: Piss off, Commander!
- <Character name>: Next ship's too far. I have to steer this thing closer.
- Aetherblade Grenadier: How's she doing that? The hell's going on?
- Captain Mai Trin: Who told you to prep the Extractor? I gave a direct order not to use it!
- Ivan: Renyak's comm is broken.
- Captain Mai Trin: Dammit. We don't even know what that thing does! If it... How long until the jump?
- Ivan: Almost ready, Captain.
- Aetherblade Cannoneer: Stop the commander! Whatever it takes!
- Ivan: Ivan to fleet: Prepare for extrication from the Mists! Initiate portal activation.
- <Character name>: Taimi, we're out of the Mists. Can you see our location?
- Taimi: (static)
- <Character name>: Some kind of land mass in the distance... Taimi?
- Taimi: (static)
- <Character name>: Must be out of comms range. Great.
- Ankka: Oh—you're still here, Commander. Just in time to see it firsthand. Good.
- Ankka: Bye.
- Ankka: Little bugs, crawling where they don't belong...
- <Character name>: Deal with her later. Gotta find Gorrik.
- Gorrik: Don't hurt me! Please! I'll tell you anything! Wh-what do you want to know?
- Gorrik: Commander! Thank the Alchemy! They tortured me, but I never broke! They couldn't get a word out of me!
- Gorrik: I can't believe Ankka would do this. Joining the Aetherblades? Kidnapping? What's gotten into her?
- <Character name>: We can talk about her later. Right now we have to get off this ship.
- Gorrik: She used to be so nice...
- Ankka: So sorry about this, Gorrik.
- Gorrik: Now? Not so much.
- Captain Mai Trin: Ankka! Our people are on that ship! Hold fire!
- Ankka: Just taking a little initiative, Captain.
- Aurene: Champion, I'm coming! Meet me on the deck!
- Gorrik: Almost there, Commander!
- Ivan: Dragon's heading right for us, Captain!
- Captain Mai Trin: Evasive maneuvers!
- Ankka: I've got her in my sights...
- Gorrik: There she is!
- Captain Mai Trin: Don't do it, Ankka!
- (Ankka shoots Aurene with the Extractor.)
- <Character name>: Aurene!
- Gorrik: Aurene!
- Aurene: (shrieks)
- Captain Mai Trin: Ankka! You disobeyed a direct order!
- Ankka: There was a problem and I handled it.
- Gorrik: Commander, I think we're going down—
- The Commander is seen washed ashore along with Aetherblade ship wreckage.
- A Big-Hatted Man appears with soldiers and looks thoughtful as he takes a closer look at the Commander from the Commander's point of view before the scene fades to black.
During recovery in the prison cell
- Unknown (1): I think he's/she's stabilizing...
- Unknown (2): Last thing we need is a dead mainlander. Probably stick us on morgue detail...
- (If asura):
- Unknown (1): The hell are they, anyway?
- Unknown (1): The hell is that one, anyway?
- Unknown (2): Search me. Those teeth—those ears... (shiver/eugh)
- Gorrik: Those ears can HEAR you.
- Unknown (3): I said I don't know! The detective'll have an update when it's all sorted out. Sit tight.
- Gorrik: Unacceptable! I want my comms call. We have a right to counsel!
- Unknown (3): Not here, you don't.
Upon waking up
- Gorrik: Oh, thank the— Commander, you're awake!
- Gorrik: You've been out for— So much to— You won't believe where we—
- Gorrik: Slow down... Okay, first things first. We're in a pickle.
- <Character name>: I can see that.
- Gorrik: After Amnoon, I swore I'd never go back in. One time, unfortunate misunderstanding. Two times, I start to question myself.
- Gorrik: Prison changes you...
- Gorrik: I'm not built for hard time, Commander. There's still so much to learn! So much science to be done...!
- Gorrik: Never even got a chance to tell... I won't die in this cell, you hear me? I won't! Jail my body, but my mind is free!
- Gorrik: Okay, okay. Calm down, everyone. Think...
- Gorrik: Scrap metal! If we find some, we can hone it into a, whatisit, a "shiv." We have to establish dominance.
- Gorrik: And the biggest, most intimidating inmate—and stab him! In the carotid artery! In front of the whole cafeteria!
- Gorrik: Oh, but—if we do, then what have we become? Are we...monsters, Commander? And were we, all along?
- Gorrik: Maybe prison doesn't change you. Maybe it reveals you...
- Gorrik: No. We do what we must to stay alive. In the insect world, there is no morality. Only the strongest survive.
- Gorrik: And so shall we. We must be as ruthless as the beetle. As deadly as the mantis. As resilient as the roach.
Inteacting with the objects within the prison cell
- Display: This...machine you were hooked up to is tracking a sorts of statistics.
- What...IS this thing?
- Bandages: These must be the bandages that they used to tend to your wounds.
- "Refined in our dragon jade plants, Xunlai bandages are twice as absorptive with none of the painful stick!"
- Take a roll. (You take a bandage roll)
- Leave it be.
- Take a roll. (You take a bandage roll)
- Leave it be.
- Food: A bowl of ...something. Something smelly.
Sample the something.
- (Without previously interacting with the food in some way)
- It tastes...pretty good, actually. Really defying expectations, this bowl of muck.
- (After interacting with the food in some way)
- Even if it was edible before, you've been sticking things in it. Best not.
Search in the something.
- Nothing is hidden in this strange orange goo, and now your hands are all sticky. Like, really sticky.
Soak the bandages. (Only if have taken bandages earlier)
- The extra-absorptive bandages absorb a ton of the sticky liquid. That'll probably stay moist for a while.
- Okay, then.
- Leave it be.
- Rubble: A pile of rocks, probably left over from someone's break-out attempt.
- Take a small rock.
- Take a large rock.
- I really don't need a rock.
- Journal: There is a journal here. Looks like they've been letting Gorrik work through his anxiety by taking notes.
- Journal (Old Friends)) Read notes. (see
- Don't read notes.
- Worn Bench: This bench looks...a little more beat up than the others.
- There is a small cracking noise, but nothing happens...and you feel a little dizzy. Looks like you are still recovering from being out.
Smack it with your rock. (If holding a rock)
- Looks like something fell off of it. (if holding large rock, drops a plank)
- Sweet, sweet loot.
- To be honest, using this small rock doesn't seem to apply much more force than your hands. (If holding small rock)
- If only I had my actual weapons...
- Leave the poor, sad bench alone.
- Keys (Hanging): There is a set of keys hanging on a hook out there. They are just out of reach.
Reach for the key.
- Yep. Definitely out of reach.
Throw a rock at it. (If holding a rock)
- The keys swing around a bit, but they settle back on the hook.
- Darn it.
Try to hook the bandage roll on it. (If taken bandage rolls)
- The bandages flop down before getting anywhere close.
- Stupid gravity...
Poke it with your stick. (If holding plank)
- With your stick, it's fairly easy to jostle the keys off the hook. They fall to the ground. Still out of reach, but hey, closer!
- I'll consider that progress.
- Is this some sort of test?
- Keys (Ground): The set of keys is now on the ground, out of reach.
Pick them up
- Yep. Still just out of reach.
Try to snag them on the bandages. (If taken bandages)
- You roll the bandages over the keys, successfully covering them. Promising.
Try to pull the keys in with the bandages
- The gloopy bandages stick to the keys and pull them in. You got them!. (If bandages soaked in food)
- I'm brilliant.
- The keys don't come back with the bandages. They're nonstick. (Otherwise)
- Ten points!
- So close, and yet so far.
- Cell Door: The cell door is tightly locked, as expected.
Use your foot key.
- The foot key has failed you.
- Try the actual key. (If acquired keys, door opens)
- Leave it be
Waiting for a bit
- Doing nothing:
- Big-Hatted Man: All right, outsiders. Your time's up.
- Gorrik: "Time's up"? Are we...being executed?
- Big-Hatted Man: What? What's the matter with you? Your friends negotiated your release.
- Gorrik: Our friends...?
- If you release yourself from your cell instead of waiting:
- Gorrik: Oh, we did it. Good! Now let's get out of here!
- Big-Hatted Man: Hey! Stop right there!
- Big-Hatted Man: Well, this is awkward. or You guys can't stop causing trouble.
- Gorrik: We, uh, needed some exercise.
- Big-Hatted Man: Save it. I was on my way to let you out anyway. They've negotiated your release.
- Gorrik: "They?" Who's "they"?
- Big-Hatted Man: (sigh) Follow me. And no funny business; you're still in my custody.
- Gorrik: Officer, may I ask your name?
- Detective Rama: Rama. Detective Rama.
- Gorrik: Detective. My name is Gorrik; I'm an entomolo—
- Detective Rama: Yeah, I don't need your life story. You washed on my beach; gave me a crap-ton of paperwork.
- Gorrik: I—truth is, I have at times been quite at odds with the law.
- Gorrik: In fact, I was charged with "bioterrorism" in Amnoon.
- <Character name>: He grew a beetle in his arm.
- Detective Rama: Uh-huh.
- Detective Rama: Staying busy, Akane?
- Akane: Best internship ever.
- Detective Rama: All right, you two. Release forms.
- Detective Rama: By signing this, you affirm that the Ministry of Security has treated you fairly and humanely.
- Detective Rama: That you have suffered no unreasonable bodily harm during your arrest and detainment.
- Detective Rama: You first, "bioterrorist."
- Gorrik: Wait, define "bodily harm." I stubbed my toe last night—
- Detective Rama: Sign the damn form.
- Detective Rama facepalms.
- Gorrik jumps on table and signs book.
- Detective Rama: Now you.
After signing the book:
- Detective Rama: You can collect your personal effects from the box there.
After collecting equipment: [verification requested]
- Detective Rama: We hope you enjoyed your stay at the Shing Jea Detention Center. Now, if you'll follow me.
- Detective Rama: Akane, hold down the fort.
- Akane: Roger that.
- <Character name>: Shing Jea?
- Gorrik: I was trying to tell you, Commander! The airship crash-landed in—
- Detective Rama: Cantha. Come for the waters, stay for the hospitality. Been a while; 'ja miss us?
- <Character name>: Cantha... I don't know what to say.
- Detective Rama: Only been a hundred and fourteen years. Not like you had time to prepare or something.
- A Jade Mech passes by the group.
- Gorrik: What the Alchemy is that?
- Detective Rama: Security mech or something. Can't keep up with all the new tech...
- Gorrik: Curiously reminiscent of our golems. Has Cantha been trading with Rata Sum?
- Detective Rama: Which part of "we've been closed to the outside world for over a hundred years" did you not understand?
Cinematic camera pan
- Detective Rama: And...we're here. Welcome to Cantha.
- Detective Rama: Krytan ambassador's waiting for you. And our Minister of Security wants to speak with you after.
- ArenaNet Presents...
- Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons
Speaking with Kas and Jory
- <Character name>: Kas! Jory! I'm...glad you're here. I... Have you heard anything about Aurene? Is she—
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: She's fine. Recovering. Don't worry.
- Marjory Delaqua: Caithe's with her.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: You'll see her soon. It's okay to take a moment to find your bearings.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: After we heard about what happened, we were so...(deep breath) Anyway. Took a little while, but it all worked out. Sorta.
- <Character name>: I'm still missing some pieces. How did you you find us?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Find you? You kind of caused...
- Marjory Delaqua: A hot steaming mess of a circus show.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: An international incident. Jennah sent me to smooth feathers. And no way would I let Jory miss the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Marjory Delaqua: Dunno about that—not like I ever expected to see this place... But sure, if you say so.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: You know it is! Commander, there'll be time to catch you up—but that man wanted to speak to you.
Speaking with Minister Li
- Minister Li: So you're the "commander" I've been hearing so much about.
- <Character name>: I guess I am.
- Minister Li: Li. Minister of Security. Under the agreement signed...twenty minutes ago, you've been granted clemency.
- <Character name>: I imagine I have you to thank for that?
- Minister Li: Mmm. You are fortunate to have such...influential friends.
- Minister Li: My understanding is you're something of a "protector of the realm"; doing whatever's necessary to keep your people safe.
- <Character name>: I try to keep all people safe.
- Minister Li: I see. Well, it is my duty to keep the people of Cantha safe. I'm very good at my job, "Commander."
- (If sylvari) [verification requested]
- <Character name>: I don't doubt you are, Minister.
- (If norn)
- <Character name>: Understood, Minister.
- Minister Li: I must return to my duties. Welcome to the sovereign Empire of Cantha.
- Detective Rama: Well, Commander, you're almost free of me, but there's one more thing we need to do before I can sign your release.
- Detective Rama: Meet me at the monastery training grounds as soon as you can.
- Minister Li: Rama. A word?
- Detective Rama: Minister.
- Minister Li: Any updates on our "Aetherblade" situation?
- Detective Rama: Unfortunately, no. I've been busy handling our "guest of honor," but I'll be back on the case soon as this is wrapped up.
- Minister Li: Good. Then maybe we'll finally make some headway, Detective.
Checking in with your Kasmeer (and Marjory) after being freed
- Well, you're in the clear. One less thing for me to worry about.
How's the new job going, Kas?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not boring! Lots to learn, but I'm starting to get a feel for this diplomacy thing.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I've already met several officials open to discussion. Of course, you get some who are...hesitant about Cantha opening.
- Marjory Delaqua: Don't lose sleep over a few jerks still stuck in the past.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Negotiation does take dealing with all kinds.
- Marjory Delaqua: Stubborn certainly is a kind. But you'll hold your own.
Have you learned anything about our new hosts?
- <Character name>: I'm a little rusty on my Canthan history, but things seem...different from what I would've expected.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Well, there was a tsunami when Zhaitan arose; lot of Kaineng was destroyed, uninhabitable.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Maybe worse than Lion's Arch.
- Marjory Delaqua: Apparently filthy with Risen—Zhaitan, of course—
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: —Which led to a rebellion against the Ministry of Purity—pretty bloody one, too—
- Marjory Delaqua: —Massive civil war, who knows how long—sounds like things were pretty bad, until some tengu holdouts joined up—
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: —Turned the tide, maybe. Still trying to piece it all together. But yeah, not exactly what we expected.
- Marjory Delaqua: Eh. But where would the fun be in that?
Who else is here?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Well, quite a few members of Dragon's Watch—Caithe, Taimi...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Plus, several Tyrian ambassadors: Sianna, Ember Doomforge, Myrun Skialkin...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: And some...others. Snargle Goldclaw.
- <Character name>: The guy who writes romance literature?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Still, we're in impressive company. It's a little intimidating.
- Marjory Delaqua: You're not exactly lacking accomplishments, my dear. Gods, the past few months alone.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: I...just wanna do a good job. Make a solid name for myself.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'd say you've done that. I'm impressed. And a little intimidated.
- Thanks for all your help, Kas.
Speaking with Marjory
- How are you holding up, Commander? It...it sure has been a wild week.
Everything okay? Your reaction to Kasmeer's comment about being here...
- Marjory Delaqua: Yeah... No. I don't know.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Is something wrong?
- Marjory Delaqua: It's just...I don't know anything about Cantha. Couple of heirlooms from my grandmother. Recipe or two.
- Marjory Delaqua: Like I said, until a week ago I never had a reason to imagine any of this. It just wasn't an option.
- Marjory Delaqua: Belinda was the one who was so into her "Canthan heritage." Should've been her here. She would have loved this.
- Marjory Delaqua: Me...I don't care.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Jory... I just— I didn't realize—
- Marjory Delaqua: Why would you? And the thing is, I don't even know why. Isn't that weird?
I still don't understand how you got here...
- Marjory Delaqua: Highly implausible string of events. Out of the blue, a message from Empress Ihn—
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: First official communique from Cantha in over a century. Inviting Kryta to reestablish diplomatic relations—
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: —oh and by the way, do we know anything about foreign airships appearing in their skies and crashing on their beach?
- Marjory Delaqua: Imagine Jennah's face. Imagine everyone's face.
- (If asura):
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: When it got to the part about a dragon and a couple asura, we put two and two together with Taimi and Caithe.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: When it got to the part about a <character race>, an asura, and a dragon, we put two and two together with Taimi and Caithe.
- Marjory Delaqua: Next thing you know, "Ambassador Meade" has a new portfolio, and an airship to take her and a delegation to Cantha.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Didn't know what to expect with the Risen armada—no one has dared travel this far into the sea in over a century.
- Marjory Delaqua: Luckily Zhaitan's death seems to have left them a bit disorganized. We managed to slip past them on an airship.
- Marjory Delaqua: Handy having a mesmer aboard.
- Take care, Jory.
Speaking with Gorrik
- We're free, Commander! ...Wh-what now?
So, Ankka... She's really something.
- Gorrik: I can't believe that's the same Ankka I used to...hypothesize with. Kidnapping? Murder? Swashbuckling?!
- Gorrik: Taimi was right, I should've questioned her motives. But hearing from her after so long...
- Gorrik: It was as if my rational mind short-circuited. Much like the ant's brain when infected with a fungal spore.
- Marjory Delaqua: That's one way to put it. Certain people can...cloud your judgement.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: True. Emotions do take over sometimes. Happens to the best of us.
- Gorrik: And what does she want with Aurene? I need to debrief with Taimi. (shudder) She's going to yell at me, isn't she?
Never thought I'd see Cantha
- Gorrik: Agreed! You only crash into a research opportunity like this once in a lifetime!
- Gorrik: I find their technology fascinating. Like that apparatus you were hooked up to in the cell.
- Gorrik: I kept asking the guards about it, but they threatened to attach it to my mouth if I didn't stop talking.
- Gorrik: It's reminiscent of a golem mod Taimi and I were concepting right before I left...
- Gorrik: (sigh) I hope this debacle didn't cause her too much stress.
- I'll see you around, Gorrik.