- 1333 AE
- The Icebrood Saga
- No Quarter
- Breakroot Basin
- Meet with Ryland.
- Meet with your party.
- Release Cinder.
- Escort Cinder.
- Break it up!
- Escort Cinder.
- Proceed inside.
- Meet Ryland.
- Stop Ryland.
- Defend yourself!
- Pursue Ryland.
- Make your stand.
- Survive Ryland's ambush.
- Defeat Varinia Stormsounder.
- Fall back to the hideout.
- Get inside!
Listen to the negotiations fail when Smodur interrupts them. Ignoring Ryland's invulnerable allies, chase Ryland across the map to the bridge.
This setting will be familiar if you have played through the Cold War strike mission.
Fight off the two waves of Frost Legion (Jormag corrupted) Charr. At the start of each wave you get one use of the Artillery Strike special action skill — a large ground-targeted AoE bombardment by Smodur. It might be a good idea to wait with using this until the enemies surround you. Especially the second wave can be overwhelming with its several Veteran and many regular foes.
After the two waves are dealt with, Varinia Stormsounder (the Minister of Morale) appears. The Minister of Morale is a legendary foe. She will summon reinforcements in the form of Propaganda Balloons and Charr tanks which will bomb the area - try to avoid standing in their AoE.
When replaying the mission there are four available options from the open world portal.
- Meet with Ryland. - From the start for the Good Kitty achievement.
- Stop Ryland. - After the discussion with Ryland for the Fast Purrsuit achievement.
- Make your stand. - At the bridge for the fight with the Minister of Morale.
- Retreat! - After the fight for the Purrfect Escape achievement.
|Complete Turnabout.Journal: Turnabout||Completed Turnabout||1|
- Complete the mission.
|Good Kitty||No Quarter||0|
|Pet the cat.Fur almost as soft as Rytlock's. And that's a familiar purr...||Petted the Cat||0|
- Upon first entering the negotiation room (after the second large gate) you will find a cat behind the war table to the left of the entrance. Interact with it to earn this achievement. (You must pet it before the nearby Ash Legion Scout shoos it away).
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Achievement Eligibility: Good Kitty effect. This effect will appear when you enter the negotiation room, and disappear when the nearby Ash Legion Scout shoos the cat away a few seconds later.
|Fast Purrsuit||No Quarter||3|
|End the pursuit within the time limit.Story Instance: Turnabout
Where do you think you're going?
|Ended the Pursuit within 40 Seconds||3|
- Bring swiftness, movement skills or a +25% movement speed signet to catch up with Ryland as fast as possible.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Achievement Eligibility: Fast Purrsuit effect.
|Purrfect Escape||No Quarter||5|
|Retreat to the base without being hit.Story Instance: Turnabout
It's raining cats and dogs out there.
Except the cats are Dominion ordnance, and the dogs are also Dominion ordnance.
|Reached the Base without Being Hit||5|
- Avoid the ordnance raining from the sky, which telegraph as large orange AoEs on the ground. Bring a speed boost to help mitigate the Chilling Fog, and Vigor if possible as you can dodge through the areas.
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Achievement Eligibility: Purrfect Escape effect.
- If you fail the challenge, or otherwise wish to reset the instance to try again for this achievement, the instance will begin back at the beginning of the Escape portion, so you will not have to do the previous fights again.
- Ash Legion Spy
- Cinder Steeltemper
- Crecia Stoneglow
- Efram Greetsglory
- Malice Swordshadow
- Ryland Steelcatcher
- Rytlock Brimstone
- Smodur the Unflinching
- Corrupted Griffon
- Frost Legion Crusher
- Frost Legion Musketeer
- Icebrood Quaggan
- Varinia Stormsounder
- Veteran Frost Legion Crusher
- Veteran Frost Legion Musketeer
Entering the instance:
- Crecia Stoneglow: Full house. Ryland should be arriving soon.
- <Character name>: Logan, Kas... Why don't you guys hang back this time.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You've been valuable allies. And I am grateful for all your help. But Ryland—
- Lady Kasmeer Mead: We understand. There's too much at stake.
- Logan Thackeray: We're at your service, as long as you need us, Tribune Stoneglow.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Call me Crecia. Commander, let's collect our prisoner.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Centurion. It's time.
- Cinder Steeltemper: Chain me all you want. Ryland will never kneel to you.
- Crecia Stoneglow: It's not about that. It's about saving our people. Including you.
- Cinder Steeltemper: You say that now. But get a little power, sink your teeth in...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Cub, you've got a lot to lear—
- Cinder Steeltemper: Save it. I've learned plenty. Seen and done plenty. Old heads aren't the only ones fit to lead.
- Rytlock Brimstone: You've proven yourselves. But choices made in the field stay with you...
Approaching Smodur and Efram:
- Efram Greetsglory: You used a searing crystal. Made my people complicit in your war crime.
- Smodur the Unflinching: I command the beach. There was a weakness to exploit, so I did. And it worked. Very well, actually.
- Efram Greetsglory: Do you even care how much charr blood is on your hands?
- Smodur the Unflinching: Dear Efram. From Flame, I expected backbone.
- Efram Greetsglory: Overstep again and you won't have to worry about Bangar—I'll rip out your throat myself.
- Smodur the Unflinching: As if you've got the claws.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I close my eyes, you sound just like Bangar.
- <Character name>: You have good reason to be angry, Efram. But now's not the time. We need a pact with Ryland.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Do we? We've retaken the territory. No reason to negotiate with Steelcatcher.
- <Character name>: We agreed: Ryland's our best chance to get to Bangar fast and stop him for good.
- If charr:
- <Character name>: And when me move north, I want more of my people fighting beside me than against me.
- Efram Greetsglory: Crecia will speak for us. All of us.
- <Character name>: You got him here, Crecia. Now get him to listen.
Entering the next room:
- Rytlock Brimstone: You, Ryland, leading Blood? That should be our future. Hope Ryland doesn't waste it. Or your lives.
- Cinder Steeltemper: Warband above self.
- Smodur the Unflinching: A warband of two.
- Cinder Steeltemper: What...? What?
- Smodur the Unflinching: You hadn't heard? Your playmates are defeated and dead. That's war.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Real civil.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Fahrar can't teach you everything.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Steelcatcher's late. Maybe he doesn't value this one as much as you people think.
- Cinder Steeltemper: "Smodur the Unflinching." I fought you, and I'm pretty sure you gave yourself that name.
- Rytlock Brimstone: (laugh-cough)
Negotiating with Ryland:
- Crecia Stoneglow: Tribune Steelcatcher.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Tribune Stoneglow. I'm here.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Your warbandmates... I'm very sorry for your loss.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Are you? Gives you the advantage.
- Smodur the Unflinching: You were told to come alone.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I'm talking to Stoneglow. So. What do you want?
- Crecia Stoneglow: Rejoin the legions. Put an end to our people killing each other.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: My orders haven't changed.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The situation has changed. Vishen, Nicabar, Ranoah. Are those orders worth your loyalty?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: And what orders are you giving?
- Crecia Stoneglow: I'm not giving you orders. I'm trying to bring you home.
- Smodur the Unflinching: (grumbles under his breath)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I'm not some cub who wandered off. And your hostage isn't a toy you're holding until I fall in line.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Think. Bangar's compromised. He's trying to yoke an Elder Dragon! This war will get so much worse.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Steel could turn the tide. Our people flock to you—they're your responsibility. You're their future.
- Smodur the Unflinching: This whole farce is a waste of—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Smodur!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Ryland, every choice has a price. You chose Bangar, and it's cost you the rest of your warband. Isn't that enough?
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Crecia, we've always been straight with each other. You say Steel's essential? We're vital to the future?
- (Ryland steps towards Crecia.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Show of faith: let Cinder walk out of here with me.
- (Crecia lowers her gaze as she ponders Ryland's words.)
- Crecia Stoneglow: I'd need some assurances—
- (In the background, Smodur shakes his head and unsheathes his dagger, stabbing Cinder with it.)
- Smodur the Unflinching: Enough.
- (Cinder gasps in pain and shock. As her strength fades, she lets out a barely audible whisper while the camera zooms in on Ryland's shocked expression.)
- Cinder Steeltemper: Ry?
- (Ryland's expression turns into anger as Cinder collapses.)
- Smodur the Unflinching: Don't need traitors.
- (Ryland roars in a mix of rage and anguish and charges at Smodur, only to be stopped by a flame barrier erected by Crecia. He turns to look at Crecia in disbelief. Crecia meets Ryland's gaze with a mix of sadness and guilt.)
- Ryland Steelcatcher: I trusted you.
- Ryland Steelcatcher: Dominion!
- (Ryland flees while his Dominion bodyguards block the path and attack the party.)
- Crecia Stoneglow: Commander! We need him!
- Efram Greetsglory: Go! We've got this!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland! Wait!
- Smodur the Unflinching: He's not going to get far. Our forces have taken the bridge.
- <Character name>: Then we don't need you, Smodur. You've done more than enough.
- Smodur the Unflinching: I lanced a tumor and cauterized the wound.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You absolute ass. We had a chance to save them, to bring them all home!
- Smodur the Unflinching: We never needed traitors to win against Bangar. It's not a compromise I was willing to make.
- <Character name>: How do we get Ryland back?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Smodur's head on a pike...
- Smodur the Unflinching: I am a legion imperator—
- Rytlock Brimstone: With no honor. Cre shoulda let Ryland kill you.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Stop! I don't see him. And it's too quiet.
Ambush at the bridge:
- (As the party reaches the bridge, Ryland has vanished, and the bridge is revealed to have been taken over by an army of corrupted charr accompanied by Jormag's minions.)
- Rytlock Brimstone: Burn me.
- Crecia Stoneglow: How could you?
- Smodur the Unflinching: Defend yourselves!
- Crecia Stoneglow: What the hell is that.
- Varinia Stormsounder: I warned you before: the tribune was just a taste of Bangar's power.
- Varinia Stormsounder: With Bangar's true leadership and vision, the charr have evolved!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Oh my... Rytlock!
- <Character name>: They look like Sons of Svanir...
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland's gone!
- Crecia Stoneglow: We can't let them get beyond this valley!
- Varinia Stormsounder: Face the might of the Frost Legion!
- Smodur the Unflinching: I'll take the high ground.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You do that.
- Smodur the Unflinching: Keep them off me, Commander. I'm calling in a bigger gun.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Hold them! Don't let them get around us!
- Rytlock Brimstone: They fight smarter than icebrood!
- Varinia Stormsounder: Look at what our imperator has achieved! You should have chosen his side.
- Crecia Stoneglow: You're nothing but Jormag's beasts! Better we kill you all or die trying!
At the start of the second wave:
- Varinia Stormsounder: You haven't made a dent in our numbers.
- Varinia Stormsounder: Fear the power of Frost!
At the start of the fight with Varinia:
- Varinia Stormsounder: Look at what our imperator has achieved! You should have chosen his side.
Randomly during the fight with Varinia:
- Varinia Stormsounder: Your minds are too weak to resist the coming storm!
- Varinia Stormsounder: Frost Legion! Cut them down!
- Varinia Stormsounder: Engineers! Obliterate them!
After defeating Varinia:
- <Character name>: Fall back!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Retreat and regroup!
- Efram Greetsglory: Behind me! They're coming faster!
Inside the hideout:
- Efram Greetsglory: Where's Ryland?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Gone. He's gone back to Bangar.
- Efram Greetsglory: You had no right—
- Smodur the Unflinching: It's done. Now—
- Malice Swordshadow: You are not Khan-Ur. No one here will ever bow to you.
- <Character name>: We've lost the bridge. And we met the Frost Legion.
- Crecia Stoneglow: Bangar. He's served our people up as slaves to Jormag.
- Crecia Stoneglow: They're abominations. We've got to end this. Malice, what about your agents in Dominion?
- Malice Swordshadow: How did you—
- Crecia Stoneglow: You're the Ash imperator.
- Malice Swordshadow: I sent double agents to get eyes on Bangar. They will get us the intel we need to stop him. Give them time.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We'll continue to hold the territory. We'll heal. And when a way forward opens, we'll be ready.
- If you keep up with Ryland too well during the pursuit, you will end up outside of the instance and be kicked.