Ceremony and Acrimony
Ceremony and Acrimony
- 1325 AE
- Living World Season 1
- Dragon Bash
- Grand Piazza
- Followed by
- Hard Boiled
Click to enlarge
|Search YouTube for videos related to Ceremony and Acrimony.|
- Attend the Celebration (1)
Attend the Celebration (1)
- Escort the wounded councillors to Fort Marriner.
Memorials on the Pyre
A cinematic plays with dialogue from Captain Magnus the Bloody-Handed explaining the ceremony. Watch as the scene unfolds. The scene finishes and you see wounded slowly moving toward the dolyak which will transport the wounded to safety. Once it starts moving, you are told by Inspector Kiel to follow it, and you should do so.
At various locations along the route to Main Haven Headquarters in Fort Marriner, small groups of enemy appear. Kill them with the aid of a few Lionguard soldiers. Once in the compound of Fort Marriner, there are larger groups to fight, along with some Veterans. The NPC Lionguard soldiers will fight alongside you, and some can be revived if they fall in battle. They will automatically revive after a set amount of time. The mission ends, and all enemies despawn, when the dolyak reaches the headquarters safely.
- Ash Legion Soldier
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Blue Moa Bird
- Captain "Bonny" Anne Reid
- Captain Theo Ashford
- Captain Tokk
- Farley Wallan
- Garrot Ambercowl
- Inspector Ellen Kiel
- Kirra Timberhone
- Laurel Merchant
- Lionguard Lieutenant
- Magnus the Bloody Handed
- Mai Trin
- Supply Cart
- Trembling Song
- Vigil Crusader
- Vigil Tactician
- Vigil Warmaster
- Speaking to Inspector Kiel outside the instance
- Entry to the stage is currently restricted.
- I'm here for the effigy ceremony.
Memorials on the Pyre
- Approaching the stage
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Captains and crews! And visitors too. Welcome to the first annual Dragon Bash!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Is everyone having a good time?
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh)
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: It's time to light the effigies and turn this Dragon Bash into a Dragon Burn!
- Introducing the Ship's Council members
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: But first, let me introduce the other Ship's Council members who are joining us today.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Please give a hardy hi ho to the finest captain on the council. Captain Anne Reid–and when I say "fine," I do mean "fine".
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Next on the docket is the captain of the Sprocket, Captain Tokk, one of the most impressive asura ever to sail to seas!
- Captain Tokk: If you like my Sprocket, Magnus, you should see my new rocket.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh) Whatever.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: And last, but not least, it's Captain Theo Ashford of the Ascalonian Ashfords. A more effective family of cutthroats never lived.
- Captain Theo Ashford: You're too kind, Magnus. I'll have to work extra hard to live up to your praise.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: You'd better, you salty ol' dog.
- Introducing the cultural representatives
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: The Ship's Council would also like to welcome the cultural representatives joining us today.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: They're all secretly wondering if we brought them up here to sacrifice them! (laugh)
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh) No, of course we didn't. Let's give our brave visitors a hand!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: They've brought memorials for their kin who were killed by dragons.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: All hands on deck! Toss your memorials on the pyre. Let's light the horizon with this dastardly dragon! Begin the burning!
- Talking to Inspector Kiel
- How nice to see you again, <Character name>. I'm happy to report that Canach is in the brig, where he can do no more harm.
Good. So what is this Dragon Bash?
- It's just a little festival that the Ship's Council cooked up. We're bashing dragons, eating good food, and drinking to each others' health.
- Sounds fun.
- Nice to know.
- Representatives placing memorials on effigies
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: That's right! Toss your memorials right on the effigy.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Everybody, let's remember all those we've had taken from us.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Nicely done, friends. Nicely done.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: All right! Light 'em up! Light 'em up!'
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Light 'em–
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Great Spirits!
- After cinematic ended
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Everyone stay calm! The Lionguard are here!
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You! Get to the councillors and protect them!
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You! Get up to the stage and form a perimeter around the councillors.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Lionguard! Go get that dolyak and bring it to the front. We have injured, and we need to get the councillors to safety.
- Mai Trin: Lionguard, what can I do? I have some skill at healing.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: See if you can help the charr cultural rep. He's injured and not moving.
- Mai Trin: I'll do what I can.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Stay alert, everyone. That may have just been the prelude.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Oh, no. Some are seriously injured! Where's that dolyak?
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You, you, you, and–ah Mists–all of you. Go with that dolyak. Make sure the injured councillors get to the fort.
- Talking to Mai Trin
- Oh me, oh my, oh dear. What a terrible accident. So many injured, and I couldn't save this poor charr.
You're a healer?
- I have some skill at it, yes. The Lionguard in charge asked me to try and see if I could revive him, but it's too late. He's gone.
- At least, you tried.
- Good of you to try.
- Talking to Magnus after the escort has begun
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Unacceptable!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: This is dolyak cud. (grumble)
- After arriving in Fort Marriner and defeating the Aetherblades
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: This was no accident. I'm opening an official investigation into what just happened here.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Thanks for your help. I think it's fair to say you saved a few lives today.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Go enjoy what's left of Dragon Bash. There's nothing more to do here. I'll check in on the injured.
- Talking to Inspector Kiel after unloading the councillors
- One of the councillors was seriously wounded in that strange discharge of energy and may die. That raises this to a whole new level of bad.
What are you going to do?
- Immediately initiate an investigation. I'm heading back to the crime scene now. Thanks for your help.
- Glad to help.
- I understand.
- See also: Dragon Bash mail#Before Hard Boiled
Players will receive a mail notifying them of the next step in the narrative.