Ceremony and Acrimony
Ceremony and Acrimony
- 1326 AE
- Living World Season 1
- Sky Pirates
- Lion's Arch
Memorials on the Pyre loading screen.
- Read the mysterious letter.
- Memorials on the Pyre
- Enter Lion's Arch from Gendarran Fields to attend the effigy lighting ceremony.
- Join the crowd in front of the ceremony stage.
- Watch the ceremony.
- Defend the cart carrying the injured.
- Attacker morale:
- Speak with Inspector Ellen Kiel.
After the ceremony.
Kill the enemy while defending the cart. There will be waves of attackers while crossing the bridge. When you reach the other side the cart will stop at the door.
You will then need to kill the enemies until the bar goes down. At that point you have to defend the cart again until it reaches a building past the portals. Ellen will speak to you and it will be finished.
|Ceremony and Acrimony||Sky Pirates||1|
|Complete the story chapter Ceremony and Acrimony.||Completed Ceremony and Acrimony||1|
|Ceremony and Acrimony (2013)||Sky Pirates||5|
|Get the wounded Ship's Council members to safety.||Protected the Wounded Councillors||5|
|Ceremony Survivor||Sky Pirates||1|
|Complete Memorials on the Pyre without being downed or defeated.Story Instance: Ceremony and Acrimony—Memorials on the Pyre||Completed Memorials on the Pyre without Being Downed or Defeated||1|
- Achievement qualification may be tracked via the Achievement Eligibility: Ceremony Survivor effect.
- Ash Legion Soldier
- Blood Legion Soldier
- Garrot Ambercowl
- Iron Legion Marksman
- Iron Legion Soldier
- Laurel Merchant
- Captain "Bonny" Anne Reid
- Captain Theo Ashford
- Citizen / Mai Trin (name changes if talked to)
- Farley Wallan
- Inspector Ellen Kiel
- Various (Aetherblades)
Upon activating the story:
Memorials on the Pyre
- Approaching the stage
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Captains and crews! And visitors too. Welcome to the first annual Dragon Bash!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Is everyone having a good time?
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh)
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: It's time to light the effigies and turn this Dragon Bash into a Dragon Burn!
- Talking to Inspector Kiel
- (If completed Canach's Lair)[verification requested]
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: How nice to see you again, <Character name>. I'm happy to report that Canach is in the brig, where he can do no more harm.
Good. So what is Dragon Bash?
- It's just a little festival that the Ship's Council cooked up. We're bashing dragons, eating good food, and drinking to each others' health.
- Sounds fun.
- Nice to know.
- (Otherwise)[verification requested]
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: I hope you're ready to have a good time at Dragon Bash.
- So what is Dragon Bash? (Same as above)
- I might be.
- Introducing the Ship's Council members
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: But first, let me introduce the other Ship's Council members who are joining us today.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Please give a hardy hi-ho to the finest captain on the council, Captain Anne Reid—and when I say "fine," I do mean "fine".
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Next on the docket is the captain of the Sprocket, Captain Tokk, one of the most impressive asura ever to sail the seas!
- Captain Tokk: If you like my Sprocket, Magnus, you should see my new rocket.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh) Whatever.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: And last, but not least, it's Captain Theo Ashford of the Ascalonian Ashfords. A more effective family of cutthroats never lived.
- Captain Theo Ashford: You're too kind, Magnus. I'll have to work extra hard to live up to your praise.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: You'd better, you salty ol' dog.
- Introducing the cultural representatives
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: The Ship's Council would also like to welcome the cultural representatives joining us today.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: They're all secretly wondering if we brought them up here to sacrifice them! (laugh)
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: (laugh) No, of course we didn't. Let's give our brave visitors a hand!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: They've brought memorials for their kin who were killed by dragons.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: All hands on deck! Toss your memorials on the pyre. Let's light the horizon with this dastardly dragon! Begin the burning!
- Representatives placing memorials on effigies
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: 'That's right! Toss your memorials right on the effigy.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Everybody, let's remember all those we've had taken from us.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Nicely done, friends. Nicely done.
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: All right! Light 'em up! Light 'em up!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Light 'em–
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Great Spirits!
- After cinematic ended
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Everyone stay calm! The Lionguard are here!
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You there! Get to the councillors and protect them!
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You! Get up to the stage and form a perimeter around the councillors.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Lionguard! Go get that dolyak and bring it to the front. We have injured, and we need to get the councillors to safety.
- Citizen: Who needs assistance?
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: See if you can help the charr cultural rep. He's injured and not moving.
- Citizen: I'll do what I can.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Stay alert, everyone. That may have just been the prelude.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Oh, no. Some are seriously injured! Where's that dolyak?
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: You, you, you, and–ah Mists–all of you. Go with that dolyak. Make sure the injured councillors get to the fort.
- Talking to Inspector Kiel
- Keep alert! I have no idea who did this, but it was no accident. Whoever did it is probably still nearby.
What can I do to help?
- My first priority is the safety of the councillors. If you could back up the Lionguard nad make sure they get to Fort Marriner, I'd be grateful. I'll be right behind you.
- I'll see what I can do.
- Think so? Okay, I will.
- Talking to the Citizen
- Citizen: What a terrible accident. There are so many injured... Please, I'm trying to save this poor charr.
You're a healer?
- Mai Trin: I have some skill at it, yes. Name's Mai Trin. Now, please, let me work.
- Good luck.
- Good luck.
- Talking to Magnus after the escort has begun
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: Unacceptable!
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: This is dolyak cud. (grumble)
- Magnus the Bloody-Handed: I'm disappointed.
- After arriving at Fort Marriner
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Back me up!
- After defeating the attackers
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: This was no accident. I'm opening an official investigation into what just happened here.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Thanks for your help. I think it's fair to say you saved a few lives today.
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: Go enjoy what's left of Dragon Bash. There's nothing more to do here. I'll check in on the injured.
- Talking to Inspector Kiel after unloading the councillors
- Inspector Ellen Kiel: One of the councillors was seriously wounded in that strange discharge of energy and may die. That raises this to a whole new level of bad.
What are you going to do?
- Immediately initiate an investigation. I'm heading back to the crime scene now. Thanks for your help.
- Glad to help.
- I understand.