Tower of Nightmares (release)/archive
A toxic seed has been sown.
Guarded by magic, fed with evil, it grows.
— Official website
The Blood and Madness release introduced huge landscape changes to Viathan Lake and the surrounding area in Kessex Hills. The trees around the lake were chopped down and the wood was piled up in the water. The center of the lake is blocked by a force field preventing access to the location where the Blood Witch was.
On October 18th 2013, an advert was published by ArenaNet on social media sites, further hinting the release.
AUX-1 reports Arcanist Kari went missing in the investigation of the tower. Scholar Maddox left a message for her that he would search for her. Lionguard Melan is leading a group of Lionguard trying to breach the Tower of Nightmares with trebuchets.
- The Tower of Nightmares in Viathan Lake
- A new achievement category, Tower of Nightmares
- New rewards
- New finisher: Toxic Offshoot Finisher
- Antitoxin Spray (Healing Tome: Antitoxin Spray): A new healing skill available for all professions for 25 skill points. Engineers will have a corresponding tool belt skill.
- New armor skins
- New weapon skins
- New booster: Gathering Booster
- New upgrade components:
- New utility nourishments
- New recipes
- New dye set: Toxic Dye Kit
- Clear Toxic Alliance forces from Eukaryan Caves (23)
- Clear Toxic Alliance forces from the plateau over Eukaryan Caves (23)
- Recapture Mudbay Digs before the Lionguard are defeated or forced to retreat (24) [Group Event]
- Stop the Toxic Alliance from occupying Mudbay Digs (24) [Group Event]
- Escort Lionguard Daan to supply Overlake Haven against the Toxic Alliance (22)
- Stop the Toxic Alliance from stealing supplies from Ireko Tradecamp (24)
- Protect Jun Brightclaw as he resupplies Ireko Tradecamp (23)
- Offshoot events
- Escort the Vigil siegemaster to the toxic offshoot (80) [Group Event]
- Rescue the Vigil engineers (16, 19, 20, 24, 27, 29)
- Defend the Vigil siege engineers as they attack the toxic offshoot (17, 20, 21, 25, 28, 30) [Group Event]
- Use powder kegs to destroy the toxic offshoot (24, 16, 19, 20, 27, 29) [Group Event]
- Use siege weapons or powder kegs to destroy the toxic offshoot (80) [Group Event]
- Champion events
- Defeat the Toxic Alliance champion (25) [Group Event]
- Krait witches
- Stop the krait blood witch (23) [Group Event]
- Locate and kill the transformed krait witch (10)
- Kill the krait witch (60) [Group Event]
- The Nightmare Unveiled Upon entering Kessex Hills, players are automatically transferred to the instance.