Deeper and Deeper is the fourth story step of Prologue: Bound by Blood, the prologue episode of The Icebrood Saga.
- Meet with Kasmeer and Efram at the Flame Legion camp.
- Let Kasmeer know you're ready for the illusion.
- Go to the fahrar barracks.
- Speak with the primus.
- Search the bar or the Great Hall for the one-eyed charr.
- Check the Great Hall. (only if had checked the bar first)
- Admit your ruse to Crecia, or call Rytlock back instead.
- Speak with the door guard.
- Check on Gorrik.
- Rescue Mission in the War Room
- Get to the War Room to rescue Gorrik.
- Listen for signs of Gorrik.
- Demand entry from the guard.
- Confront Gorrik's captors.
- Get Gorrik out of this mess.
- Leave the area with Gorrik.
| Deeper and Deeper
||Prologue: Bound by Blood
|Complete Deeper and Deeper.Journal: Deeper and Deeper Completed
||Completed Deeper and Deeper
| Staying In Character
||Prologue: Bound by Blood
|Maintain your cover while on your clandestine mission in the chapter Deeper and Deeper.
||Maintained Your Cover During the Rescue
| Straight-Up Fight
||Prologue: Bound by Blood
|Blow your cover during your clandestine mission in Chapter 4 and rescue the old fashioned way—with your fists!
||Blew Your Cover During the Rescue
- In the instance where you're saving Gorrik, the two dialogue options lead to these two achievements.
- To gain both achievements in one run, leave the instance after selecting the dialogue option (without escorting Gorrik out to the exit).
- Arriving at the Flame Legion Camp
- Efram Greetsglory: Beginning to think coming here was a mistake.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Don't make any hasty decisions. Please. For their sake.
- <Character name>: Kasmeer, what's going on?
- Efram Greetsglory: Renegades. Here.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: We don't know that yet.
- Efram Greetsglory: Extremists recruiting straight out of the fahrar. Who else could it be?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: The cubs are telling stories. Older charr floating around, testing loyalties, asking if they're ready.
- <Character name>: Ready for what?
- Efram Greetsglory: Wouldn't say. Someone should take this to Bangar.
- <Character name>: He won't listen. Rytlock and I already tried.
- Efram Greetsglory: You knew?
- <Character name>: No. But a Vigil soldier was almost killed, and Malice...Malice says the Renegades are getting bolder. It makes sense.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: If Bangar won't listen, what about Crecia?
- <Character name>: We need evidence. Something definitive.
- If charr:
- Efram Greetsglory: You'd need to ask around. Find out what people know. You're charr, but with the company you keep... Might be tough.
- Efram Greetsglory: You'd need to ask around. Find out what people know. And the two of you...well. You're not charr.
- Efram Greetsglory: I won't be much help either.
- <Character name>: Same with Rytlock. Bangar's got it out for him. Other charr smell blood in the water...
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Then one of us will just have to become somebody else. Commander?
- <Character name>: An illusion? What are you thinking?
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: Someone with a good reputation. Likeable. The embodiment of traditional charr ideals.
- Efram Greetsglory: Steelcatcher. You could sniff around Blood Keep as you please.
- <Character name: Let me know when you're ready. The diguise won't take more than a moment.
- After obtaining the illusion disguise
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: You have his eyes.
- <Character name>: Well, I'd hope so.
- Lady Kasmeer Meade: No, Rytlock's.
- <Character name>: Right. Rytlock...Rytlock? Can you hear me?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Ryland? How did you...?
- <Character name>: This is the commander. Kasmeer worked up an illusion for me. Seemed like the best way to get the information we need...
- Rytlock Brimstone: You sound just like him.
- <Character name>: That's the idea. Can you find him? Let him in on what we're doing? Maybe he can help.
- Rytlock Brimstone: If he even wants to see me. I'll try.
- <Character name>: What's he like? Any advice?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Don't know him. Not as well as I should. Sorry.
- Efram Greetsglory: My daughter said she was approached at the fahrar. You might start there.
- Approaching the primus in the barracks
- Primus Sparbreaker: Steelcatcher. Look at you.
- <Character name>: At ease. I have some questions.
- Speaking with Primus Sparbreaker
- Primus Sparbreaker: Not sure how much help I'll be. I think the years are finally getting to me—my senses and mind aren't what they used to be.
- Only your blade's sharper than your mind, Primus. I trust both.
- Primus Sparbreaker: I know every cub that's come up through this fahrar. Now soldiers I don't recognize are walking around in our colors.
- Primus Sparbreaker: They seem...interested. Thought they might be parents looking in. Wondering. Happens more than anyone admits.
- <Character name>: What did they look like?
- Primus Sparbreaker: One of 'em had white fur. Rusty spots. Horns like scimitars. Missing an eye.
- Primus Sparbreaker: Might try the mess hall. Or the bar. His friends needed to "fuel up."
- You're not old, you're...experienced! Your eyes are great... for your age!
- Pretty lies to get what you need? I expected more spine from you, Steelcatcher.
- That's not what I meant. Let me rephrase...
- I'll leave now.
- Quit feeling sorry for yourself, old man. You're wasting my time.
- Promotion or not, you don't get to disrespect me, Steelcatcher! I was training charr before your dam could speak!
- I meant no disrespect. Let's start again...
- I'll leave now.
- I'll be back later.
- Approaching the bar
- <Character name>: Everybody here's got two eyes. I'm gonna check the Great Hall.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Got it.
- Checking the Great Hall
- Crecia Stoneglow: They bring out the worst in each other. Always have.
- Blood Legion Soldier: Well, he's lucky Ruinbringer didn't have you execute him right there.
- Crecia Stoneglow: He might still try.
- Blood Legion Soldier: What would you do? If he gave you the order? Who would you choose?
- <Character name>: Don't see anyone matching the description the primus gave me. But there's Crecia...
- <Character name>: Rytlock, you know her best. Should I tell her what we're up to now...or later?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Your call, Commander.(Receive Call Rytlock Back as a special action)
- Calling Rytlock instead of talking to Crecia
- <Character name>: She's got enough to worry about without us putting this burden on her.
- <Character name>: We'll find the Renegades. Bring them to the brig. Then we'll tell Crecia everything.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Anyone else you can ask if they've seen something?
- <Character name>: There's a guard at the door.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Perfect.
- Admitting the ruse to Crecia
- Crecia Stoneglow: Ryland. You fought well. Glad to see you finally stepped out of his shadow.
- <Character name>: I'm not him.
- Crecia Stoneglow: I know. My own sire was—
- <Character name>: No, I mean: I'm not your cub. I'm the commander. Crecia, the Renegades are here. Now.
- <Character name>: Efram thinks they're planning something big. We probably don't have much time.
- Crecia Stoneglow: I should open your throat. Renegades? He's sure?
- <Character name>: They targeted the cubs in the fahrar. I followed the trail here, but it's gone cold.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The guard at the door is mine. Talk to him. He's seen everyone who's gone in or out of this room.
- Crecia Stoneglow: We'll put the others on high alert. Try not to do anything you think Brimstone would.
- Speaking with the door guard
- <Character name>: Soldier. I'm looking for a charr with white fur, rusty spots, missing an eye.
- Guard Brokenstone: I've seen him. Left a few minutes ago with some friends. Said something about paying that asura a visit.
- <Character name>: Which asura?
- Guard Brokenstone: The one that's been helping us with our bug problems up by the farms. Came in with Brimstone.
- <Character name>: Gorrik, come in! You have trouble en route! Gorrik!
- Gorrik: Commander?
- <Character name>: Yes, it's me. How did you-
- Gorrik: I asked you to keep the channel clear, remember? I hear everything.
- <Character name>: Where are you?
- Gorrik: Some kind of library. Or what pases for one around here. No scientific papers anywhere!
- Gorrik: Just a bunch of maps and books on warfare. Ugh, listen to this: "One Charr, One Future," by Valen Scribecutter. Riveting.
- Rytlock Brimstone: That's not the library. That's the war room. Down the hall from Bangar's office.
- Gorrik: I was uh... encouraged to come here by some charr. Then they confiscated my datapad.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Why didn't you call us?
- Gorrik: Maybe because I was being escorted by a pair of overgrown throw rugs-
- Unknown Voice: The hell is that? Which one of you idiots forgot to search him?
- Gorrik: Hey, no—! That's my—
- Unknown Voice: Smash it.
- <Character name>: Gorrik!
- Rytlock Brimstone: Go!
- Entering the instance
- Unknown Voice: We should kill the other imperators now. Cut their throats while they sleep.
- Unknown Voice: Orders are to stay put. Keep an eye on things here. Now's not the right time. He still needs to even the odds.
- Unknown Voice: Thought for sure that datapad would have intel on their dragon, but it's just—
- Unknown Voice: Drawings of dead spiders. Hundreds of them.
- Unknown Voice: Why are they so...detailed?
- Gorrik: If you're interested in my post-mortem research on Lubinella cadentis, I'd be more than happy to—
- Unknown Voice: Shove it, rat.
- Gorrik: Ow!
- Speaking to Veteran Guard Shadowspire
- Veteran Guard Shadowspire: Centurion Steelcatcher...uh, I wasn't expecting you here.
- Open the door, soldier.
- But, sir, my orders are—
- You can believe I outrank whoever gave you that order. Open up.
- You're wasting my time! (Kick open door.)
- Oh, of course, orders are orders.
- Oh, right. As you were soldier.
- If chose the ferocity option and interacted with the door
- Use your foot key.
- (Veteran Guard Shadowspire is surprised by <Character name>.)
- Confronting Gorrik's captors
- <Character name>: What's going on in here?
- Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver: Sir!
- Idesta Wildsaw: Thought you were supposed to be leading the expedition with Imperator Ruinbringer.
- <Character name>: Expedition... Who told you that?
- Idesta WIldsaw: You did.
- Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver: (laughter)
- <Character name>: Something funny?
- Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver: Sorry. Forgot you drank that norn under the table. No wonder he doesn't remember.
- Idesta Wildsaw: Everything is in place. The others are already headed to the rendezvous point, but you should hurry.
- Idesta Wildsaw: Ruinbringer won't wait, not even for you. We'll take care of the asura.
- Gorrik: Oh, thank goodness... Wait—no!
- Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver: Sir?
- Get back! This asura's under my protection!
- You expect me to leave an important prisoner to subordinates?
- Making the choice
- If chose ferocity:
- Idesta Wildsaw: All that ale must've gone to your head. You're starting to sound like your sire. We'll finish the rat.
- Gorrik: Commander, my datapad...
- (Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver points at <Character name>, and the charr in the area turn hostile.)
- If chose dignity:
- <Character name>: No. I'll do it myself. Come on, rat.
- Idesta Wildsaw salutes <Character name>.
- Veteran Ulixes Swiftreaver salutes <Character name>.
- Blood Legion Soldier salutes <Character name>.
- Vaolt Sharpstrike salutes <Character name>.
- <Character name>: Give me that datapad, too.
- Upon leaving with Gorrik
- Gorrik: Thanks, Commander. That kind of, ah...situation is well beyond the scope of my degree.
- <Character name>: Just a bit. Are you all right?
- Gorrik: They kept asking me about Aurene. Her weaknesses. If I thought she could kill another Elder Dragon after Kralkatorrik...
- <Character name>: Go find Kas. She'll protect you. I need to let Crecia know what happened here.
- Gorrik: And thanks for remembering the datapad. You have no idea how long it took to illustrate those specimens—
- <Character name>: Gorrik, go!
I learned from Kasmeer and Efram that the Renegades have been quietly trying to recruit young charr into their ranks. On top of the other signs of violence and hate, the idea of the Renegades expanding the reach of their xenophobic extremism was disturbing. With Kasmeer's help to disguise me as Ryland—a reputable charr with the freedom to move around and ask questions—I set out to investigate. The trail led me from the fahrar through the Blood Keep, and then the urgency ramped up. I learned the Renegades had kidnapped Gorrik and were searching his datapad for useful information about Aurene. I was able to get Gorrik to safety, but I made a terrible discovery in the process: Ryland was working with the Renegades, and they were helping Bangar gather forces for a questionable mission.
— My story
- The large octagonal sand bowl in the chamber where Gorrik is held captive shows the ancient battle plan of the assault on Orr, which famously failed during the original Guild Wars Prophecies campaign, when Orr was destroyed.