From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the skill type. For the Wintersday activity skill given to Mesmers, see Clone (Snowball Mayhem).
A clone is one of the two types of illusions created by the mesmer, primarily intended to distract the enemy: Clones mimic the appearance and basic behavior of the caster, but have significantly lower health and do relatively little damage. Upon creation, clones focus only on their targeted foe, persisting until the clone's target is defeated or the clone expires through damage, being shattered or being replaced by a new clone.
- Clones are created by any skill with a type of clone.
- A clone is also created when a phantasm expires after its attack has been completed or interrupted.
- Unlike phantasms, clones display the same name and targeting badge as the mesmer who created them.
- They are affected by boons, area effects, and conditions, but not by environmental hazards such as lava.
- A clone's basic attack is the same as the caster's first weapon skill, e.g. Spatial Surge for clones created while wielding a greatsword. Clones have approximately 1 second of delay between attacks, meaning they attack slower than the player. All effects of attacks such as conditions caused by Winds of Chaos still apply.
- Clones summoned while holding a bundle will default to wielding a sword.
- Clones summoned while under a transformation that replaces one's weapon will sometimes replicate the skills of the transformation.
- Although base damage of clones is near zero, they can apply conditions and boons depending on traits selected and their attack skill. Their purpose is to distract opponents, attract aggro, and be shattered by the mesmer to produce damage and other effects.
- Only a limited number of clones can be created at one time. This is shown through the following icon when present but when not present the following icon is used.
List of clone skills
|2||Mirror Blade||Greatsword||¾||5||Throw an illusionary blade that creates a clone at its first target and then bounces to enemies and allies, dealing less damage to foes per hit and granting might to allies.|
|2||Phase Retreat||Staff||10||Clone. Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos.|
|1||Ether Clone||Scepter||¾||Clone. Deliver a damaging attack directly to your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. Inflict torment instead if you have the maximum number of illusions.|
|2||Illusionary Counter||Scepter||2||8||Clone. Block the next attack, and counter by inflicting torment and creating clones that cast Ether Bolt.|
|3||Illusionary Leap||Sword||½||12||Clone. Summon an illusion that leaps at your target, crippling them. After the initial leap, the clone will execute the Mind Slash sword chain.|
|4||Illusionary Riposte||Sword||2¼||12||Clone. Block your foe and create an illusion when attacked.|
|2||Feigned Surge||Spear||1¾||8||Clone. Surge toward your foe, striking enemies on the way and creating a clone upon reaching your initial target.|
|3||Imminent Voyage||Trident||¾||12||Clone. Retreat back, summoning a clone to attack your foe while granting chaos armor to nearby allies.|
|2||Deception||½||15||Clone. Shadowstep and create a downed clone of yourself to attack foes in range.|
|2||Lingering Thoughts||Axe||¾||¼||Spin forward and strike multiple times, inflicting conditions and leaving a mirage at your starting position. If an enemy is near the mirage when it expires, a clone is summoned.|
Utility slot skills
|Decoy||40||Clone. Gain stealth and summon an illusion to attack your foe.|
Virtuoso: Stock a blade.
|Mirror Images||30||Clone. Summon two clones to attack your foe.|
Virtuoso: Stock two blades.
- Mind Wrack —Shatter. Destroy all your clones, damaging nearby foes. The shatter effect also occurs at your location.
- Cry of Frustration — Shatter. Destroy all your clones, confusing nearby foes. The shatter effect also occurs at your location.
- Diversion — Shatter. Destroy all your clones, dazing their targets. The shatter effect also occurs at your location.
- Distortion — Shatter. Gain distortion and destroy all your clones, gaining additional distortion for each one shattered.
- Continuum Split — Destroy all your clones and create a rift in the space-time continuum. When it expires, you will revert back to your original point with your previous health, endurance, and skill recharges. Duration increases with each illusion shattered. This skill's recharge cannot be reset by other mesmer skills.
- Ether Feast — Heal yourself. Gain additional health for each active clone.
- Signet of Illusions — Signet Passive: Creates a clone every few seconds. Signet Active: Recharges shatter skills.
- Mirage Thrust — Ambush. Lunge at your foe and strike them with your sword, briefly dazing them. Leave behind a clone at your original location.
- Axes of Symmetry — You and all your axe clones shadowstep to a random location around your target and strike, applying confusion. This attack breaks enemy targeting, and your illusions change focus to the targeted foe.
- See also: Illusion#Related traits
- Desperate Decoy — Cloak and leave a clone of yourself behind when struck while below the health threshold.
- Deceptive Evasion — Create a clone at your current position when you dodge.
- Escape Artist — Create a clone when you gain stealth.
- Illusionary Reversion — Shatter skills generate a clone if you have enough clones present.
- Self-Deception — Using a Deception skill will create a clone if you have any other clones active.
- Clones summoned automatically, such as by Deceptive Evasion, target the enemy nearest to them upon creation.
- The approximate Weapon strength of each clone is listed below:
|May 11, 2021||
|February 06, 2018||
|August 25, 2015||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|September 09, 2014||
|April 18, 2014||
|February 05, 2014||
|October 01, 2013||
|June 25, 2013||
|May 28, 2013||
|April 30, 2013||
|March 01, 2013||
|December 17, 2012||
|October 22, 2012||
|October 01, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release: