Here's to making this new world better than the old one.
Efram Greetsglory is the acting Imperator of the Flame Legion after Gaheron Baelfire's death in 1325 AE. Though not a true imperator yet, Efram has taken up the mantle of leadership for a Flame Legion splinter group through negotiations for a cease-fire with the other High Legions via the Blood Legion Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer. Unlike many other Flame Legion members, Efram shows kindness towards female charr and has progressive ideals. He is very soft-spoken and compassionate towards cubs, especially his daughter Prisca.
|After saving members of an opposing Flame Legion faction during the destroyer and icebrood invasion of Fireheart Rise and earning their trust, Efram is widely recognized as a true successor of Gaheron Baelfire as the Imperator of the Flame Legion.|
Following Flame Imperator Gaheron Baelfire's death in 1325 AE, the Flame Legion fractured into rival splinter groups vying for the late Imperator's vacant throne. While some Flame Legion members advocated allying with the dredge to form the Molten Alliance and began experimenting with infusing dredge weapons with fire magic at the cost of several charr's lives by 1326 AE, Efram was outspoken in his resistance to the Molten Alliance.
Efram Greetsglory eventually became the leader of a more progressive Flame Legion splinter group which desired a cease-fire with the other High Legions. Unlike some Flame Legion officers, he showed kindness towards female charr and was compassionate towards cubs, especially his daughter Prisca.
It was not until 1332 AE that Efram's faction was contacted by Tribune Crecia Stoneglow of the Blood Legion who invited them to the political All-Legion Rally in Grothmar Valley to celebrate the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik's death and the strength of the united charr legions. Efram accepted Blood Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer's terms of a truce even though his faction had to give their cubs up to be raised in the fahrar as members of the Blood Legion as a sign of goodwill.
In the festival's opening ceremony, Efram's faction was seated next to the troops of Ash Legion's Imperator Malice Swordshadow. He witnessed Crecia and Rytlock Brimstone's son Ryland Steelcatcher fighting Branded devourers and ordered his followers to assist the other legions when more hostile Branded unexpectedly erupted from the ground around the audience. Efram, like the other charr present, was shaken by the new Elder Dragon Aurene's sudden fly-by and Branding of the attacking devourer broodmother. He retreated to the Flame Legion Camp in the valley to look after his people once the ceremony had concluded.
Shortly after, Efram was approached by the Pact Commander, and he denied being the Flame Legion's new Imperator as he had not been officially recognized as such yet. When the Commander attempted an apology for Aurene's interference in order to ease Efram's anxiety, Efram gently cut the Commander off by stating that both his splinter group and Aurene were still finding their place in the new world so he bore no ill will towards the Elder Dragon's actions. He revealed that the Flame cubs, including his daughter, had had trouble adjusting to the Blood Legion's fahrar as they were being bullied by other cubs who still viewed the Flame Legion as an enemy to fight. He accepted the Commander's offer to console the cubs and gratefully witnessed the Commander convincing Prisca to return to the fahrar and not retaliate against the Blood Legion's cubs.
Some time later, Efram learned from Prisca that strange, older charr had appeared in the fahrar in an attempt to recruit Prisca and other cubs to their cause. Realizing that the recruiters might have been the warmongering Renegades, Efram told Kasmeer Meade, one of the Commander's companions who had been observing the Flame Legion's magic since the ceremony, about his findings.
Kasmeer summoned the Commander to the camp where Efram voiced his worries about charr extremists influencing the cubs of his people. When Efram heard that the Commander had already visited Bangar about other suspicious charr activity in the festival, he let anger come through briefly when he thought that the Commander had already been aware of the Renegades and had held that information from him during their previous meeting. The Commander quickly corrected Efram, however, by revealing that Malice had been the first one to reveal the possibility of rising Renegade activity to the Commander.
As Bangar would not believe that a threat might be lurking in the valley, the trio resolved to let Crecia, Bangar's second-in-command, know about the threat instead. However, Efram pointed out that finding information would be hard as the local charr would not be forthcoming to any of the trio due to either their background or, in the Commander's case, a relationship with Aurene whom many charr viewed with suspicion. Kasmeer resolved the issue by using a mesmer spell to make the Commander resemble Ryland. Efram supported the idea because Ryland, a reputable centurion and hero of the festival, could walk about the Blood Keep without anyone raising an eye. He suggested that the Commander start searching for clues about Renegade infiltrators in the fahrar where Prisca had first spotted the recruiters.
Some time later, Efram was approached by Marjory Delaqua who told him that the Commander had gathered evidence about Bangar having slipped into the Shiverpeaks Pass with several dozen armed warbands; the Blood Imperator had not only been aware of Renegade activities in the valley but had been working with them for some time. Efram joined Marjory, Braham Eirsson and Imperators Smodur the Unflinching and Malice Swordshadow as they hurried to the pass to find the Commander, Crecia and Rytlock who had gone after Bangar's renegade warbands.
They reached a signal fire which the Commander's party had lit but were unable to advance farther due to the worsening weather. They soon met with the Commander's weary party who revealed that Bangar had stolen Braham's fire-enchanted bow and taken the warbands deeper north to "even the odds" and secure the future of the charr. During the conversation it became apparent that the Blood Imperator was not going after Aurene but was intending to get an Elder Dragon of his own—Jormag—to act as the charr's counter against Aurene. Crecia lamented not realizing Bangar's ambitions earlier and prepared to apologize to Efram for letting Bangar recruit several Flame Legion members into his Renegade army, but Efram was sympathetic towards her and did not bear a grudge.
In a subsequent talk with the Commander, Efram admitted that many of his people felt oppressed as refugees and would thus easily pledge themselves to the Blood Imperator's cause; the Flame Legion splinter group had missed the fight and wanted to be seen as equals among the other legions. Efram warned the Commander that a fight would be inevitable for anyone involved in this conflict, and he would not let warmongering ideology grow roots in his legion again after all the damage such views had caused in the past centuries. As far as Efram was concerned, however, his truce with the High Legions would hold for the time being, and he would stay in Grothmar Valley and help Crecia in any way he could.
- Drizzlewood Coast (During related events only)
- Prologue: Bound by Blood
- Episode 3: No Quarter
- Episode 4: Jormag Rising
- Episode 5: Champions
- Battle Cry
- Escort legion forces to the overlook (80) [Group Event]
- Assault Petraj Overlook! (80) [Group Event]
- Escort legion forces to the port (80) [Group Event]
- Assault Port Cascadia! (80) [Group Event]
- Escort legion forces to the lighthouse (80) [Group Event]
- Assault Lighthouse Point! (80) [Group Event]
- Escort Iron and Flame forces to the bridge (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat Vishen, Nicabar, and Ranoah, and seize control of the bridge (80) [Group Event]
- Assault on the Frost Citadel
- Help capture landing sites for the charr (80) [Group Event]
- Help construct allied siege engines (80) [Group Event]
- Use the allied cannons to destroy the Citadel gate (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the guardian elemental to proceed (10) [Group Event]
- Push Through the Front Line (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy the Ruinbringer (80) [Group Event]
- Destroy the machines! (80) [Group Event]
- Put an End to the Conversion Process for Good (80) [Group Event]
- Help your allies escape! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Claw of Jormag (80) [Group Event]
- Flame Legion "Imperator"
- Conjure Lightning Attributes - Increased precision and critical damage. (during combat only)
- Conjure Lightning Charges - Skill uses remaining with this conjured weapon. (during combat only)
- Conjure Frost Attributes - Increased condition duration and healing power. (during combat only)
- Conjure Frost Charges - Skill uses remaining with this conjured weapon. (during combat only)
- Water Arrow - Enhances Frost Bow abilities. Increases outgoing healing. (during combat only)
- Water Arrow - Shoot an arrow of water that damages foes and heals allies around the area of impact. Gain a stack of Water Arrow each time you strike an enemy.
- During Escort legion forces to the mine
- We're ready to advance on the Petraj Overlook. Just give the word, Commander.
- Let's do this.
- I need some more time.
- Efram is voiced by Ike Amadi.
- Efram is a variation of the masculine Hebrew name Ephraim which means "fruitful, fertile and productive." In the Bible, Ephraim was the modest and selfless second son of Joseph and Asenath and was blessed by his blind, dying grandfather Jacob over Joseph's eldest son Manasseh, leading to the eventual precedence of the tribe of Ephraim over Manasseh's. Biblical scholars argue whether Joseph tricked Jacob into blessing Ephraim first or if Jacob was fully aware of who he was blessing and chose Ephraim due to a prophetic vision.
- Efram wields Flamewaker.
- ^ a b Guild Chat - Episode 91
- ^ Dragon Response Mission: Fireheart Rise
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: Many of us were ready to die. But you...saved us. You and your friends. Allies never came to our side before.
- Efram Greetsglory: They see a chance for the Flame Legion to join the rest of the word. You caught a glimpse of that world today.
- Efram Greetsglory: The question they're all asking is: can you cast aside your hatred? Grow beyond fighting Baelfire's failed campaign?
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: Many would rather die. But I'm not one of them. And there are others like me.
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: It will...take time. But we would rather join the new world than be swept away with the old one.
- Flame Legion Bladestorm: Imperator.
- Efram Greetsglory: Commander, when you fight the twin dragons, you can depend on the whole of the Flame Legion to be by your side.
- ^ Flame Legion Fire Shaman
- ^ Talk:Prologue: Bound by Blood