5 22 5 6
Click to enlarge.
Dry Top is an explorable zone in the Maguuma Wastes. The arid wastes of Dry Top eventually give way to the Maguuma Jungle to the west. There has been a great deal of seismic upheaval in the region since it was last charted and as such Dry Top's climate is now harsh and prone to sandstorms. Travel within Dry Top is facilitated by using the three Aspects (Sun, Wind and Lightning).
|In 1327 AE, the Zephyrites settled in Dry Top following the destruction of the Zephyr Sanctum and three other airships by the Sylvari Aerin's sabotage. Many Zephryites and their guests survived thanks to the help of a group of Seraph that were pursuing bandits and the peaceful tribe of Centaurs that live there, and have built makeshift refuges in the area.|
Use the portal in the southwest corner of the map in Brisban Wildlands. The portal will be located southeast of the Tangle Root Outpost point of interest. (This area may be cut off until the Jungle Entanglement meta event is completed.)
The Zephyrites have provided Aspect crystals throughout Dry Top to navigate through the terrain. Interacting with each of the three types of Aspect crystals (Wind, Sun and Lightning) will cause the player to gain 10 charges for that associated skill. The Temporary Abilities effect will wear off after 15 seconds unless refreshed by picking up another crystal.
- Assisted Leap — Given by white-blue Wind Crystals. Provides vertical movement straight up.
- Light Dash — Given by orange Sun Crystals. Provides horizontal movement and allows players to cross through quicksand. This ability can be stopped partway through the "dash" by using the skill again.
- Lightning Pull — Given by pink-purple Lightning Crystals. Provides combined vertical and horizontal movement with a ground targeted leap skill.
To reach the west side of the map, first cross the quicksand to the Town of Prosperity. Then use the underground passageway in the house on the west side of town to reach Treadrock Uplands. Finally head north and then west to reach the other half of the map.
Geodes are a form of currency accepted by Zephyrite merchants in Dry Top. They are received as rewards for various events in Dry Top. The version of the inventory available from the vendor depends on which of 6 possible tiers of the Favor of the Zephyrites is active.
|Cavern of the Shining Lights||80|
- Clear the jungle tendril and its roots (80) - (Prospect Valley)
- Race against the Inquest to collect crystal shards for the Zephyrites (80)
- Defeat Three-Toed Tootsie (80) [Group Event]
- Protect the Maguuma Shaman as she casts a spell to cleanse the oasis (80)
- Clear the jungle tendril and its roots (80) - (Uplands Oasis)
- Protect crash victims from encroaching vines (80)
- Challenge and spar with Nochtli (80)
- Slay the colocal queen (80) [Group Event]
- Rescue the captive Zephyrites (80)
- Success: Defeat the champion N4-SR before the Inquest can lock down their base (80) [Group Event]
- Protect Serene as she recovers crystals lost in the crash (80)
- Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area (80)
- Shut down the Inquest experimentation into Aspect crystals (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the light-infused Inquest golem blocking passage to the ley line hub (80)
- Defend the kite basket of supplies from the Inquest (80)
- Rescue injured Zephyrites from the Inquest inside the mine and escort them outside (80) [Group Event]
- Clear out the Mordrem infesting the ley line hub (80)
- Clear Prosperity of jungle tendrils and Mordrem (80)
- Escort Rustbucket to the repair station (80)
- Prevent skritt from stealing supplies (80)
- Gather insect parts from nearby beetles (80)
- Defeat the Inquest's experimental Aspect suit (80) [Group Event]
- Escort Haze to safety (80)
- Carry and detonate explosives to demolish the cave-in debris while avoiding tunneling devourers (80)
- Stop the skritt burglar before it escapes with the treasure (80)
- Cull the encroaching dust mites threatening the Zephyrites (80)
- Stop the skritt from stealing Zephyrite crystals and returning them to their queen (80)
- Defeat the legendary giant before the sandstorm dissipates (80) [Group Event]
- Save the chickens trapped in the dust mite twister (80)
- Defeat the champion devourer queen (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dust mite twister! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat Queen Chrii'kkt IV and her royal subjects (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the dust monster! (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the giant beetle (80) [Group Event]
- Protect Researcher Eway while he examines inert dust mites (80)
- Slay the rare creature (Bloodscale) (80) [Group Event]
- Slay the rare creature (Dune Soarer) (80) [Group Event]
- Slay the rare creature (Grit) (80) [Group Event]
- Slay the rare creature (Sand Savage) (80) [Group Event]
- Slay the rare creature (Sol Eater) (80) [Group Event]
- Resource nodes
- Mithril Ore
- Rich Mithril Vein
- Orichalcum Ore
- Quartz Crystal Formation
- Rich Quartz Crystal Formation
- Cypress Sapling
- Ancient Sapling
- This zone was introduced in parts during the releases Gates of Maguuma, Entanglement and The Dragon's Reach: Part 2.
- Dry Top is unique in that, whenever the zone-wide meta event changes, the entire zone experiences changes. During Sandstorm!, a sandstorm rages across the zone, decreasing visibility, revealing Buried Locked Chests, and replacing the enemy spawns with Dust Mites, Dust Mite Twisters, and Arid Devourers.
- Dry Top introduced a new environmental hazard: Quicksand. Standing in quicksand applies both Quicksand and Blind to any character in its range. Both effects are refreshed each tick until the character escapes.
- Dry Top/event table — Events and their spawn times
- r/Guildwars2 — DR:P2 Dry Top live map and timer updated Suggested event chat links for Tier 6
- gw2timer.com — Annotated Dry Top map showing event locations