- The Durmand Priory
Hall of Monuments
(Eye of the North)
The Ruined City of Arah (explorable)
Dragon Response Mission: Thunderhead Peaks
- Brotherhood of the Dragon
I am the last of the dwarves. Most of my people have gone down into the depths of Tyria to fight the Elder Dragon Primordus. I have remained here to help the Priory.
Magister Ogden Stonehealer is one of the last whole dwarves interacting with the surface races of Tyria. Like all who underwent the Rite of the Great Dwarf, he was transformed into a creature with a single-minded dedication to the defeat of Primordus and his Elder Dragon kin. Rather than follow his brothers into battle in the Depths of Tyria, however, Ogden has stayed on the surface to aid the Durmand Priory and act as a compendium of lore on the Elder Dragons. As the last dwarf, he is a constant target of the vengeful dredge.
In his early life, Ogden Stonehealer was a priest of the Great Dwarf among the Deldrimor dwarves, a member of the Brotherhood of the Dragon who served the dragon Glint, and an expert on the prophecies of the end times of the dwarves. He was a skilled healer at a young age, and was particularly good at encouraging fellow dwarves. Growing older, he began to retreat into a shell of determination due to empathy for those injured on the battlefield. He was particularly admiring of and loyal to King Jalis Ironhammer of the Deldrimor.
When the prophecies of the Tome of the Rubicon came to pass in 1078 AE and destroyers began appearing throughout Tyria, Ogden helped facilitate the Transformation of the Dwarves which turned the dwarves into creatures of stone, and was instrumental in the defeat of the Great Destroyer. Ogden did not initially undergo the Rite, although eventually all dwarves were made to—by force, if necessary.
As the stone dwarves descended to the Depths of Tyria to fight the stirring Elder Dragon Primordus and his destroyer minions, Ogden became one of the few stone dwarves to stay above ground and eventually came to be viewed as the last of the dwarves as knowledge of the other dwarves never spread to common Tyrians. He joined the Durmand Priory as a magister to offer them counsel about the dwarves as well as the Elder Dragons although his existence drew the ire of the dredge who wanted to kill every dwarf they could find due to the suffering they had endured while being enslaved by the Stone Summit dwarves.
The duties of the Brotherhood of the Dragon were passed on to a band of human followers of Glint known as the Zephyrites, some of whom underwent a ritual overseen by Forgotten to transform into the Exalted. Ogden stayed in touch with the Zephyrites as the last living member of the Brotherhood.
Following the death of Glint in the battle against the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik in 1320 AE, Ogden and the Zephyrites' Master of Peace set up a portal into Glint's lair within the Ornate Hourglass so the magister could guard it for the Brotherhood in the safety of the Priory. At some point he also became aware of a new prophecy involving Glint's scions, and he understood his role as part of Glint's legacy plan. Around this time, he began to believe that King Jalis had been slain by destroyers and wrote a eulogy for him which would be put in the archives of the Priory.
By 1325 AE, the Durmand Priory became aware of an attempt on Ogden's life by a dredge assault force led by Vyacheslav who intended to use a weapon called the Sonic Vaporizer to collapse the Priory's mountain on top of the dwarf regardless of collateral damage. With help from representatives of the three orders, the assault was thwarted and ended with the death of Vyascheslav and the destruction of the sonic weapon. The grateful Ogden dutifully answered an inquisitive norn initiate's many questions about the history of the dwarves and his reasons for staying above ground with the Priory.
Months later, Ogden accompanied the Pact, which had been formed by Pact Marshal Trahearne and the Pact Commander, to the Ruins of Orr. After the defeat of the Elder Dragon Zhaitan, Ogden was stationed in the Ruined City of Arah where he answered questions from Pact teams heading deeper into the city to uncover its hidden mysteries involving the elder races who had once opposed the Elder Dragons.
Ogden learned of the spreading news about the existence and threat posed by the Elder Dragon Mordremoth in 1327 AE. He was hard at work researching dragon history in the Priory's Special Collections when he was visited by the Pact Commander, Kasmeer Meade and Marjory Delaqua. Much to the trio's surprise, the magister revealed that he had been made aware of their eventual arrival and he already knew of the strange vision the Commander had received from the Pale Tree. When the Commander inquired about the parties that had been observing the Commander's process, Ogden mysteriously replied that he would reveal their identities "in good time." The magister then urged the trio to handle a mysterious hourglass which ended up transporting them into Glint's lair.
Once the trio returned from their trials in the lair and discussed their findings, Ogden further revealed that he had known the Master of Peace whom the trio were searching for, that the Master had been in possession of Glint's Egg, and that he did not know where the Master was taking the egg. He also clarified that the Master of Peace had not stolen the egg but had been given custody of it; when questioned about who had given the egg to the Master, however, Ogden stated that the Commander was not meant to know the answer yet and all would be revealed in time. Despite his initial, vague answer, the magister committed to answering the Commander's other questions about the Eternal Alchemy, the Elder Dragons, the Zephyrites, and other related subjects in more detail.
After the group's failed attempt to both save the Master of Peace from a Mordrem ambush and acquire the egg which had been stolen by their sylvari ally Caithe, the Commander and Marjory returned to the Priory to seek aid from Ogden regarding a memory seed vision which had led them to a remote cavern sealed with ancient magic which the magister identified as made by the Forgotten.
As part of their research to recreate divine fire which would be needed to bypass the magical barrier, Ogden broke the wax seal inside an old tome and the echo of a long-dead hero named Turai Ossa appeared. Marjory and the Commander supported the echo as he retraced the Ascension trials and were gifted with divine fire. Before the pair departed to resume the search for the egg, Ogden urged them to be mindful that magic changed over time while also asking them to just call him by his first name without the magister title as he felt they had become acquainted enough to drop titles.
Some time after Mordremoth's demise, Ogden reached out to the Eldvin Monastery to re-create a beer that had been an old dwarven favorite. This collaboration led to the brewing of Stonehealer Stout which was gifted to members of the Eldvin Monastery Brew of the Month for the first time around Wintersday.
Once news spread of the god Balthazar's return to Tyria and subsequent invasion of the Crystal Desert and Elona, Ogden traveled to Lion's Arch and arranged for several Priory scholars to accompany the Pact Commander and Captain Ellen Kiel's airship crew to the besieged desert. While staying in the city, he met with Hero-Tron, a golem with a personality who fascinated him, and suggested that the golem should be interviewed by Priory scholars.
Ogden also managed to exchange a few words with the Commander prior to the latter's departure, urging the Commander to share any important discoveries as any ancient knowledge found in the desert could become crucial in the Pact's ongoing campaign against the Elder Dragons. The magister was aware of tales about an abandoned dwarven complex in the Desert Highlands, and convinced Rhoban Orestriker, another surviving dwarf on the surface whom the Commander had encountered a year prior in Ember Bay, to accompany and advise the Priory expedition to the destroyer-infested ruins.
By 1331 AE, Ogden had welcomed back the Priory expedition which had successfully uncovered the dwarven secrets of the Desert Highlands. He also learned of the Commander's victories over Balthazar and Palawa Joko as well as the growth of both Kralkatorrik and Aurene. The magister believed that Joko's end corresponded with a prophecy which had mentioned Glint's egg hatching and the death of a lich.
Upon meeting with the Commander and Caithe who had come to him in search of answers following Aurene's disappearance, Ogden revealed that the sands in Glint's hourglass had begun glowing, which meant Aurene had traveled to a hidden extension of Glint's lair in the Mists where the scion and her champion would undergo a series of trials to prepare for the coming battle with Kralkatorrik.
While the Commander and Caithe traveled to Glint's lair, Ogden stayed behind and sent word to the Pact to mobilize its forces under Marshal Logan Thackeray. The Pact took Ogden and Rhoban to Thunderhead Keep where they rendezvoused with many of the Commander's allies from the Dragon's Watch guild and Elona. Rhoban was put in charge of the excavations outside the keep while Ogden focused on inspecting the Dragonsblood Forge where the Pact would be forging weaker replicas of the destroyed Dragonsblood Spear with Aurene's assistance in preparation for the battle ahead.
After reuniting with the Commander, Ogden revealed the hidden history of Thunderhead Keep and its current status as a base for the Exalted and Zephyrites who were carrying on the work the Brotherhood of the Dragon had begun centuries prior. When the Commander informed the magister that they needed a mold to cast new Dragonsblood weapons, Ogden suggested that the Commander explore the tomb of Frodak Steelstar who had been behind the creation of the original Dragonsblood Spear.
Despite the Pact's preparations and the growing bond between Aurene and the Commander, Kralkatorrik managed to kill Aurene and several allied soldiers in the Battle of Thunderhead Keep before departing from the failed ambush. Despite the setback, Ogden would eventually learn of Aurene's revival and the second battle against Kralkatorrik on Dragonfall as well as Aurene ascending to take the fallen Kralkatorrik's place as a new Elder Dragon.
As news spread about both the Elder Dragon Jormag's latest movements and the increasing activity of Primordus's destroyers in 1333 AE, Ogden traveled to the Eye of the North to exchange ideas with other races' representatives. While conversing with the Pact Commander, Ogden told stories about the Deldrimor and Jalis Ironhammer and expressed hope that, together with Aurene, the allied forces would end Primordus for good.
Upon visiting Thunderhead Keep, Ogden witnessed it falling under attack by enraged destroyers. Thanks to the timely assistance of the Commander, Braham Eirsson, and Myrun Skialkin, the defenders managed to drive the destroyers back and confront the champion leading them, the Destroyer of the Last Forge. Around this time more Deldrimor dwarves had begun surfacing to help in the fight against destroyers, among them Locke Stonehealer whose name bore resemblance to Ogden's family name.
- Dragon Response Mission: Thunderhead Peaks
- Eye of the North
- Lornar's Pass
- Thunderhead Peaks
- When not a member of the Durmand Priory
- You're blocking my light. What? You'll be dead long before me, so let's not form an attachment, okay?
- Sure thing.
- As a member of the Durmand Priory, before The Battle of Claw Island
- Your legend grows bigger than your head. Take care that you're not crushed beneath its weight.
- Will do.
- As a member of the Durmand Priory, after The Battle of Claw Island
- About Sieran. Friends come and go. That's life. The Mists are full of those who gave their lives to save others. The best we can hope for is one day be one of them.
- As a member of the Durmand Priory, after Retribution
- What are you doing back here? Don't you have a dragon to kill or something?
- What do you want? I'm busy here.
I am working on crafting Astralaria.
- Is there a reason you're bothering me? (Astralaria I: The Device)
I have some notes I'd like you to look over.
- These do seem interesting. I will study them.
- Deliver Notes to Ogden Stonehealer to your collection) Thank you. (Adds
- You again? It better be good. (Astralaria IV: The Cosmos)
Have you discovered any additional information on ancient star charting?
- Ah, yes—here are my notes. (Adds Ogden's Notes to your collection)
- Thank you.
- Thank you.
- (if The Dreamer I: The Experimental Short Bow is active and the Stein of Ancient Deldrimor Ale is in your inventory)
- I am working on crafting The Dreamer.
I am working on crafting The Flameseeker Prophecies.
- Is there a reason you're bothering me?
I would like to record the events of your life in my Anthology of Heroes.
- Very well, but be quick about it.
- The Hero Ogden's Story to your collection) Thank you. (Adds
- Never mind.
- I am working on crafting HOPE.
- (if Nevermore IV: The Raven Spirit is active and the Ancient Dwarven Texts are in your inventory)
I am working on crafting Nevermore.
- Is there a reason you're bothering me?
I recovered these ancient texts from the
- Thank you. I will ensure that they are enshrined properly.
- Kind of you. Farewell.
- (if The Dreamer I: The Experimental Short Bow, The Moot III: The Energizer, Astralaria I: The Device, Astralaria IV: The Cosmos, The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen, or HOPE IV: The Catalyst is unlocked)
I am working on crafting <legendary>.
- Is there a reason you're bothering me?
I need to do some research in Special Collections.
- Very well, but be quick about it.
- Thank you.
- Never mind.
Burden of Choice
- When Burden of Choice is unlocked
- You look concerned. What did you do?
- Ley-Line Anomaly.
Ogden, I need help. I'm seeing visions of a
- Just because I'm old doesn't mean I know how to solve all of your problems, child.
Ogden, please. You must know something.
- I know that you encountered an incredibly high concentration of magic and it's incredibly likely that there are unforeseen consequences.
Do you think this has ever happened in the past?
- Perhaps. Do you remember the seers?
- Elder Dragons when the dragons previously awoke.
They fought the
- Exactly. They also created the bloodstone to protect the remaining magic from being consumed by the dragons. That was a key component to how they survived.
- So they must have dealt with high concentrations of magic.
- When you first speak with him in the Hall of Monuments
- Ogden Stonehealer: Glad you're in the fight, Commander. These old stones have a score to settle.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Glint. Aurene. Those we lost in the depths. That debt needs to be paid.
- Ogden Stonehealer: This war's not new to us. My opinion? You joined our cause, not the other way around.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Welcome to the front line, Commander.
- Following visits
- They say that stone outlives history. As someone who has spanned centuries, I can confirm that I've seen more than any historian. But wisdom only goes so far. We need your aid. Will you help us?
- How can I help? (Opens the achievement menu)
Let's talk about the Deldrimor.
- You want to hear about the Deldrimor? Where should I start? Well, our forefathers fought the waking dragons ages ago. When Primordus stirred, we acted.
What did you do?
- King Jalis Ironhammer invoked the Rite of the Great Dwarf, granting us bodies of living stone. With this gift, we've fought destroyers in the depths. For centuries.
- And now that battle is on the surface?
- After completing the bonus event
- After hundreds of years, we may be in the midst of the final battle. What a time to live in, eh, Commander?
- I bet you've seen it all. (Same as "Let's talk about the Deldrimor.")
- Collecting rewards from the bonus event
- Ogden Stonehealer: By King Jalis's braided armpit hair, you did it.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Glad I'm not too old to be surprised.
Render by Boyang Zhu.
- Anomalous Occurrences: Burden of Choice (10 )
- Astralaria I: The Device: Deliver Notes to Ogden Stonehealer — Speak with Ogden in the Durmand Priory Library about your findings so that he may continue with research on his own.
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Ogden's Notes — Speak with Ogden in the Durmand Priory in Lornar's Pass to get his notes.
- HOPE IV: The Catalyst: Dwarven Spell Trap — Speak with Ogden, in the Durmand Priory within Lornar's Pass, to obtain this.
- Nevermore IV: The Raven Spirit: Bring the Ancient Dwarven Texts to Rest — Take the Ancient Dwarven Texts from the mists to Ogden so that he may put them to rest.
- The Dreamer I: The Experimental Short Bow: True Love of the Dwarves — Purchase a Stein of Ancient Deldrimor Ale from Arcanist Vance in the ruins of the Granite Citadel in Dredgehaunt Cliffs after helping him study the Dwarven relics. Then bring it to Ogden Stonehealer in the Durmand Priory.
- The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen: The Hero Ogden's Story — Bring an Anthology of Heroes to Ogden Stonehealer in the Durmand Priory.
- Ogden Stonehealer is voiced by Fred Tatasciore.
- He is a hero companion in Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
- Ogden is the author of the book A Dragon Primer found in the Durmand Priory's library and the books Destiny Set in Stone: The Last Days of the Dwarves and King of the Dwarves both found in the Durmand Priory's Special Collections.
- Associated items
- ^ Rhoban
- ^ Guild Wars Eye of the North Manuscript
- ^ a b Sabotage
- Vladok: The last dwarf oppressor, Ogden Stonehealer, is hiding inside the Durmand Priory itself. Generations of enslaved dredge demand his death.
- Agent Ifwyn: Ogden didn't oppress anyone. He's a hero and a valued member of the Durmand Priory.
- Vladok: And Vyacheslav wants him dead. The problem is the Sonic Vaporizer attracts dragon minions whenever it's fired.
- <Character name>: And Ogden's inside the Durmand Priory itself... Vyacheslav's going to fire his weapon at the Priory.
- ^ Hidden Arcana
- Marjory Delaqua: The Zephyrites, yes. They inherited a thankless and difficult job from the Brotherhood of the Dwarves.
- Marjory Delaqua: They didn't understand what they were taking on, but I believe they do now.
- Ogden Stonehealer: I was in the Brotherhood of the Dwarves.
- Ogden Stonehealer: I am now its sole surviving member. We were the keepers of Glint's legacy.
- ^ A Study in Gold
- ^ Hidden Arcana
- <Character name>: It was a portal to Glint's lair.
- Ogden Stonehealer: So it was. The Master of Peace and I set it up after Glint's death so I could guard it for the Brotherhood.
- ^ Hidden Arcana
- <Character name>: I need information about how to deal with Mordremoth.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Actually, I think you need information about the meaning of your vision from the Pale Tree.
- <Character name>: What? How did you—
- Ogden Stonehealer: There are those who have taken interest. I had some warning that you might be calling. Your challenges do not go unnoticed.
- <Character name>: Who?
- Ogden Stonehealer: All in good time. But know that they have Tyria's best interests at heart. Now, this is what you're looking for. This artifact. Go on, examine it closely.
- ^ Hidden Arcana
- <Character name>: I saw the Master of Peace take an egg.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Fear not. He did not steal it. He was given custody of it.
- <Character name>: By whom?
- Ogden Stonehealer: You know. You witnessed it, didn't you?
- <Character name>: Not clearly.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Then you're not meant to know just yet. All things in their time.
- ^ Expedition Leader Shauna
- ^ Scion & Champion
- Ogden Stonehealer: Not now. For Aurene to destroy the Crystal Dragon, scion and champion must first prove themselves.
- Ogden Stonehealer: There's an extension of Glint's Lair protected in the Mists—a refuge for her scion. From there you can enter her trials.
- Caithe: Oh, good—more trials. Why didn't you mention any of this before?
- Ogden Stonehealer: We were waiting for the signs: Glint's egg hatching, the lich's death...
- Ogden Stonehealer: And the sands of Glint's hourglass have begun to glow. Her scion's already in the refuge.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Go to Aurene. Complete the trials. I'll get the word out and meet you at Thunderhead Keep with the Pact.
- ^ Dragonsblood
- <Character name>: Ogden—we need a new mold for casting the weapons. Any ideas?
- Ogden: There's Frodak Steelstar. Never met him, but the Dragonsblood Spear was his pride and joy. He'd know.
- <Character name>: Sounds like just the dwarf. Where can I find him?
- Ogden: Well...he's dead. But that never stopped you before. Might be a clue in his tomb. Have a look. And take notes for me.