- 1329 AE
- Living World Season 3
- Rising Flames
- Tarir, the Forgotten City
Check on the egg in Tarir.
- Return to the egg chamber.
- Head to the egg chamber.
- Hold Vigil over the egg.
- Make your way to the hatchling.
- (Defend the hatchling while the Exalted reboot the chamber defenses.)
- Exalted Shield
- Talk to Marjory.
- Talk to Caithe.
Speak to Ruka the Wanderer, then head through the door, into the room towards the egg, and you are almost instantly thrust into battle. This instance is all about enduring a constant siege of destroyers. Focus on killing the Veterans to trigger the next stage, and pay attention when an pod is put down to explode and knock off the shield.
After about 3 Veterans are killed, Lazarus will appear and aid in the defense. There will be one or two more veterans before the Destroyer of Hope spawns. Kill it, and the siege is over. Like most of the new destroyers, it gains vulnerability from being chilled. Hitting it with the exploding pods will also increase its incoming damage by 300%, so do this as often as you can and then hit it with everything you have. During the fight, the Pact Commander is given access to a special action key ability from Lazarus known as Spectral Smite.
|Dragon Vigil||Rising Flames||10|
|Defend the chamber.Journal: Dragon Vigil Completed||Completed Dragon Vigil||0|
Simply complete the episode.
|Dragon Duty||Rising Flames||110|
|Complete the Dragon Vigil story instance without being defeated.Story Instance: Dragon Vigil||Completed the Dragon Vigil Story Instance without Being Defeated||10|
Can be done on the first play through, and is significantly easier to do with a party than solo. Achievement qualification may be tracked by the Dragon Duty effect on the player's bar.
|No Bombs Allowed||Rising Flames||1|
|Stop the Destroyer bombs from exploding.Story Instance: Dragon Vigil||Stopped a Destroyer Bomb from Exploding||1|
Don't let any of the Destroyer Bombs explode near Aurene.
|I'm Rubber; You're Destroyer||Rising Flames||1|
|Kill forty destroyers with their own pustule bombs.Story Instance: Dragon Vigil||Killed Destroyers with Their Own Bombs||1|
May require at least several playthroughs to achieve. Only counts for the person throwing the bombs, and destroyers must be killed within the active field.
|Maintain Aurene's Shield||Rising Flames||2|
|Don't let Aurene's shield drop below 50% health.Story Instance: Dragon Vigil
||Stopped Aurene's Shield from Dropping below 50% Health||2|
Can be done on the first play through. Simply do not let Aurene's shield drop below half health.
- Upon arriving at the entrance
- Ruka the Wanderer: Commander! Thank Glint! We tried to get word to you. I contacted your friends to see if they could locate you, too.
- <Character name>: The egg called to me. Is everything okay?
- Ruka the Wanderer: Yes, most okay! It's hatching, Commander. Glint's second scion will soon be here.
- <Character name>: That's— We should get inside! Marjory...and Caithe. You called Caithe, too...
- Caithe: I wasn't called, but... I was nearby and word spread fast. This is very exciting.
- Marjory Delaqua: Where's Rytlock? I thought he was with you.
- <Character name>: He's indisposed. Ruka, can we all go in?
- Ruka the Wanderer: I'm sorry, but you're still the only one attuned to the chamber. The magical barrier will not allow us.
- Marjory Delaqua: Great. I'll just stay out here with Cai—...The glowy guy.
- Caithe: It will give us a chance to catch up, Marjory.
- Marjory Delaqua: Don't be gone too long, Commander! (sigh)
- Cinematic upon entering the Inner Chamber
- Luminate: Get back!
- Luminate: Commander, the chamber! Something's wrong! Hold them off while I right this!
- Upon approaching the hatchling
- <Character name>: What is it? Why is the barrier down?
- Luminate: The chamber is designed to reattune to the newborn's unique signature, but this technology is centuries old!
- Luminate: Something must have malfunctioned. Keep them away from me. I'll repair this as soon as I'm able!
- Luminate: I need to focus on the chamber's defenses! Keep the destroyers away from Glint's hatchling.
- Upon Lazarus's arrival
- <Character name>: Lazarus! Leave! Immediately!
- <Character name>: Marjory! Caithe!
- Lazarus: They're tied up in battle as well. I do not come with ill intentions!
- <Character name>: Then earn my goodwill. Don't let the destroyers up those stairs.
- <Character name>: And give the dragon a wide berth, Lazarus! It would be a pity to have your second life be short lived!
- After the battle
- Marjory Delaqua: Sorry, we got held up outside. Destroyers... What's happening?
- Luminate: It's done, Commander! The barrier has been restored. The scion of Glint is safe.
- <Character name>: Not until that mursaat is out of here.
- Luminate: A mursaat? The Forgotten passed on tales of these creatures. I never thought I'd encounter one...
- Luminate: You are the dragon's champion and shepherd, but may I suggest purging this impurity directly.
- Lazarus: The mursaat I was in the tales of the Forgotten is dead. I have been reborn, and rising from the void brings with it a new perspective.
- Lazarus: We previously sought power through treacherous means, only to save ourselves when the dragons rose.
- Lazarus: But now I see we must all stand against the dragons to save everyone.
- <Character name>: You hope to align yourself with me?
- Lazarus: You have killed two, have you not? Our interests are the same.
- Lazarus: The fire dragon is rising. I cannot stand idly by and repeat past mistakes.
- Lazarus: My actions since returning prove me a useful ally.
- Marjory Delaqua: Like when you destroyed the Bloodstone?
- Lazarus: The Bloodstone was destabilized by years of misguided White Mantle tinkering.
- Lazarus: I did absorb the blast to repower myself, but also, how many countless lives were saved?
- Marjory Delaqua: What's the angle you're running? What's in an alliance for you?
- Lazarus: The salvation of this world.
- Lazarus: The White Mantle is splintering. Those who follow Caudecus, and those loyal to me.
- Lazarus: I can make them a force for good; another spear in an army against the dragons.
- Luminate: This is the same accord the mursaat struck with the Forgotten; then, they simply broke their word and disappeared.
- Lazarus: That was a cowardly act of self-preservation, and something I will not repeat.
- <Character name>: You seem earnest enough, so I hope you'll understand when I tell you there's no way I can agree to this.
- <Character name>: I can't keep an eye on you at all times.
- Marjory Delaqua: I have an idea, Commander. I'll do it.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'll dig into his claim, and if Lazarus has truly changed, we can reassess the situation.
- Lazarus: I welcome any inquiries.
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, it'll be much more than that. I'm going to be embedded with you, shadow your every move.
- <Character name>: Marjory, can I speak with you a moment?
- Talking to Marjory
- <Character name>: What are you doing? He absorbed the Bloodstone's power. We obviously can't just easily put him down if his story doesn't check out.
- Marjory Delaqua: He's touched death, Commander, and now he's back... There's something... The necromancer in me wants to find out more.
- Marjory Delaqua: And...who knows?
- <Character name>: I can't let you do that. It could be a trap. It's probably a trap. It's almost certainly a trap.
- Marjory Delaqua: There's something about him... Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
- Marjory Delaqua: And I can't tell if it's in a good way or a bad way, but I do plan to find out.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm glad to be part of Dragon's Watch, and I appreciate you looking out for me, but I won't be told what I can and can't do.
- Marjory Delaqua: Lazarus, let's move out. We have a lot to talk about, my floaty new friend.
- Lazarus: Hmm.
- Talking to Caithe
- <Character name>: I can't help but feel like I'll be explaining this to Kasmeer shortly.
- <Character name>: Given what happened today, I'd feel a little better if someone I knew was watching the chamber.
- Caithe: Someone you trust?
- <Character name>: Yes. So, could you ask Taimi to get here right away?
- Caithe: You're joking with me. I take that as a good sign.
- <Character name>: You've been a lot of things, Caithe, but you've never been an enemy of this dragon.
- Caithe: I'll lay down my life for... What should we call it?
- <Character name>: Her. Her name is Aurene.
- Caithe: You decided that quite fast.
- <Character name>: It wasn't a decision. I just...knew.
- Caithe: Then no harm will come to Aurene while I still breathe.
- <Character name>: Thanks, Caithe. After the coming battle with this changed, more powerful Primordus, I hope any of us are still breathing.
- Talking to Caithe again
- Caithe: Changed and more powerful? Care to explain?
- <Character name>: I was just in the Fire Islands; Primordus moved down there. Taimi and I discovered that its minions have evolved.
- <Character name>: They're showing signs of Zhaitan and Mordremoth influences. I also found a dwarf head, but... Long story.
- Caithe: So when we kill a dragon...?
- <Character name>: The others absorb the loose power.
- Caithe: Then I suppose we must kill them all before any one grows too powerful.
- <Character name>: Seems like an increasingly difficult task...
- Caithe: Indeed.
- There is a challenge mission in Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Glint's Challenge, with a similar objective of protecting Glint's offspring from destroyers.