The Inquest are overseeing a wide variety of experiments and developing new technologies in the Rata Primus. The main cube is used for experiments involving the Scarab Plague samples (taken from Fahranur, the First City), new asura gates that do not require a receiving gate (technology developed from Gate Keno Decca Five, which in turn is based off of Professor Portmatt's research), holographic soldiers (first developed by Elli and later utilized by Aetherblades), and possibly more.
Locations and objectives
- Points of Interest
- Deepwater Cooling Sink —
- Rata Primus Canal —
- Tunnel Access Alpha —
- Tunnel Access Beta —
- Mastery Insights
- Sandswept Isles Insight: Rata Primus
- Defeat the champion bounty (80) [Group Event]
- Disrupt the Awakened patrol (80)
- Escort Subject S to safety (80)
- Free Subject S by destroying the shield generators (80)
- Stop the flow of Inquest data to thwart their operation (80) [Group Event]
- Golem (Inquest)
- Asura (Inquest)
- Assault Cube
- Detonation Cube
- Mark I Digger Golem
- Mark I Golem
- Mark II Golem
- Veteran Mark I Golem
- Veteran Mark II Golem
- Inquest Assistant: I've heard the Cube is preparing for a fresh round of promotions.
- Inquest Engineer: Lot of "vacancies" created lately, I suppose.
- Inquest Assistant: Maybe "lab sanitation supervisor" isn’t so bad after all.
- Inquest Engineer: Stay alert. There've been reports of increased Awakened attacks in the region.
- Inquest Technician: Uh, boss, that's not our only problem. Or even our biggest.
- Inquest Engineer: Oh, great. More intruders! We're totally gonna slip our deadlines!
- Inquest Technician: We're totally gonna die if you don't do something!
- Inquest Technician (1): Those Awakened are everywhere! What is management doing about this?!
- Inquest Technician (2): Are you kidding? Half the Awakened ARE management!
- Inquest Grenadier: Intruders! Do you think they know there's a Rata Primus shield generator here?
- Inquest Extinguisher: If they didn't before, they do now, you ninny.
- Inquest Engineer: I heard rumor that the other labs have been overrun!
- Inquest Assistant: Yes, I know. Overrun by talentless rubes, out to steal our funding.
- Inquest Engineer: I don't th...I don't think that's what they meant.
- PA Announcer: Advisory D1: All interns are subject to arbitrary experimentation.
- PA Announcer: Unrelated: Please remember to consume your daily ration without complaint.
- PA Announcer: Remember: We care.
- PA Announcer: Advisory Q3: Maintain a safe distance from test subjects. Attrition undermines efficiency
- PA Announcer: Thank you, and have a productive day.
- PA Announcer: Advisory A-4: Discussing research with unauthorized parties is prohibited.
- PA Announcer: Advisory A-5: Due to our latest reorg, next-of-kin notifications may be delayed.
- The Charge story step takes place inside the cube.
- Radiation Poison is active while inside some of the tunnels. One at the east and another at the west, respectively at floor 1 and ground floor 0, dealing 1000 damage per second to the player.
- "Rata Primus" translates roughly from Latin to "First Thought".
- The director of Rata Primus is unknown, as every recording has erased his name.