Scion & Champion
Scion & Champion
- Living World Season 4
- All or Nothing
- Durmand Priory
(Scion & Champion)
Click to enlarge
- Listen to Caithe's update.
- Join Caithe at the Durmand Priory.
- Meet with Caithe
- Listen to Caithe's concerns.
- Follow up on Glint's legacy.
- Meet with Ogden.
- Enter Glint's lair and find Aurene.
- Comfort Aurene.
- Join Aurene as her champion.
- Enter Glint's trials.
- Work with Aurene to pass Glint's first trial.
- Begin the first trial.
- Witness Glint's followers creating a resonance crystal.
- Assist Aurene in absorbing volatile magic.
- Proceed to the second trial.
- Work with Aurene to pass Glint's second trial.
- Begin the second trial.
- Charge the crystal with magic from the Branded.
- Continue to the crystalline forge.
- Charge the southern crystal.
- Charge the western crystal.
- Charge the eastern crystal.
- Activate the resonance crystal.
- Retrieve the Dragonsblood spear.
- Use the Dragonsblood spear against the Branded.
- Proceed to the third trial.
- Work with Aurene to pass Glint's final trial.
- Begin the third trial.
- Defeat the Branded horde.
- Reunite with Aurene.
- Defeat Branded Aurene.
- Receive Glint's gift.
- Exit Glint's trials.
- Update Caithe.
- Depart to Thunderhead Keep.
- First trial
There are three blue circles you must stand in while Aurene channels. Periodically there are orange wedges and if you stand in them they will push you out of the circle. The first has only two slices opposite each other which appear to cover 1/6th each. The second has three equal distance apart. The third has four with small safe wedges between them. Stability and aegis will prevent the knockback. Exiting the circle will lose some of Aurene's channel progress, and progress will be lost completely if the circle is not soon re-entered.
- Second trial
Kill branded by the crystal to fill the bar. The second room has three crystals where you again kill branded near them to charge it. In order for a kill to count it needs to be close enough to be in the circle surrounding the crystal. Following picking up the dragonsblood spear you use your special action key to throw the spear at the branded.
- Third trial
Defeat branded Aurene. Use the dragonblood spear skill whenever it has recharged. Avoid the large orange rectangles. Standing close to branded Aurene will cause circles to appear around it. The branded tornados are also worth avoiding. Avoiding everything (except branded Aurene's purple orb attack, which is not telegraphed, but including the tornados) will reward the Trial by Fire achievement. Kill the regular branded that appear whenever branded Aurene flies off.
|Scion & Champion||All or Nothing||0|
|Prove the strength of your bond with Aurene.Journal: Scion & Champion Completed||Completed Scion & Champion||0|
|Lord of the Ley Dance||All or Nothing||1|
|Avoid all ley-hazard damage during the first trial.Story Instance: Scion & Champion||Avoided Ley-Hazard Damage during the First Trial||1|
- Avoid standing in the small AoEs which spawn around the arena, as well as avoiding the orange wedge-shaped AoEs channelled by Aurene within her circle.
- Eligibility can be tracked via Lord of the Ley Dance during the first trial.
|Branded-on-a-Stick||All or Nothing||1|
|Pierce four or more Branded with a single use of the Dragonsblood spear.Story Instance: Scion & Champion||Strategically Pierced a Group of Branded with the Dragonsblood Spear||1|
|Power Player||All or Nothing||1|
|Charge three crystals with the magic of veteran Branded foes.Story Instance: Scion & Champion||Charged Three Resonance Crystals with Veteran-Branded Magic||1|
- At the crystalline forge, charge each of the three crystals by killing a veteran foe within its vicinity. A veteran will spawn when each crystal reaches 50%.
- This can be tricky for two reasons: 1, you will likely cleave down several normal mobs in the process of killing the tanky veteran, and 2, only one veteran spawns per crystal. Kill normal mobs outside the crystals' areas instead and charge the crystals by throwing shards at them until the veteran spawns, then lure the veteran inside to finish it off there.
- Eligibility can be tracked via Power Player during the second trial.
|Conquer Your Fears||All or Nothing||1|
|Execute a powerful and cooperative strike on Branded Aurene with Aurene.Story Instance: Scion & Champion||Worked with Aurene to Deliver a Devastating Blow to Branded Aurene||1|
- After breaking Branded Aurene's defiance bar, get into melee range and activate the Lancing Assault special action skill.
- Eligibility can be tracked via Conquer Your Fears during the third trial.
|Trial by Fire||All or Nothing||11|
|Avoid getting hit by Branded Aurene's breath attacks.Story Instance: Scion & Champion||Avoided Damage from Branded Aurene's Breath Attacks||1|
- Don't get hit by Branded Aurene's breath attacks, which leave large rectangular AoEs on the ground. Also avoid the roaming Brand Tornadoes.
- Eligibility can be tracked via Trial by Fire during the third trial.
- Branded Aurene
- Branded Charr
- Branded Devourer
- Branded Devourer Hatchling
- Branded Griffon
- Branded Minotaur
- Branded Sunderer
- Branded Wyvern
- Brand Tornado
- Veteran Branded Ogre
- <Character name>: Caithe, its me. Any word from Aurene?
- Caithe: No, not yet, but don't worry. Sometimes she goes off alone when she feels troubled. Always has. Always comes back.
- Caithe: I do have an update on our conversation at Sun's Refuge, though. I'm following up on the dwarves.
- <Character name>: Still convinced they know something about Glint's legacy?
- Caithe: More than ever. I came to ask Ogden in person, but it seems the Priory isn't keen on a known thief roaming their halls.
- <Character name>: You seem fairly rehabilitated. Maybe they'll feel better if you show up with a chaperone.
- Meeting with Caithe (outside the instance)
- Caithe: Commander, a moment? Before we go in, there's something I need to say.
- Caithe: All that time I spent guarding the egg, watching over Aurene as a hatchling in Tarir...
- <Character name>: You raised her.
- Caithe: But then she had you, and...it felt like she didn't need me anymore. So I stepped away.
- <Character name>: Caithe...
- Caithe: No, let me say this. What's coming is dangerous. Aurene is terrified. I can feel it. She's going to need us. Both of us.
- <Character name>: Then it's a good thing we're both here. Come on—let's go have that talk with Ogden.
- Upon approaching Ogden Stonehealer
- Ogden Stonehealer: That's all three signs. I'm due for a visit...
- Talking to Ogden Stonehealer
- <Character name>: Ogden. It's good to see... Okay...
- Ogden Stonehealer: About time you showed up. We're going to Thunderhead Keep.
- Caithe: We are?
- Ogden Stonehealer: To Glint's Dragonsblood Forge. How else are we gonna kill Kralkatorrik?
- <Character name>: A new Dragonsblood Spear...
- Caithe: You lost the first one?
- Ogden Stonehealer: Not now. For Aurene to destroy the Crystal Dragon, scion and champion must first prove themselves.
- Ogden Stonehealer: There's an extension of Glint's Lair protected in the Mists—a refuge for her scion. From there you can enter her trials.
- Caithe: Oh, good—more trials. Why didn't you mention any of this before?
- Ogden Stonehealer: We were waiting for the signs: Glint's egg hatching, the lich's death...
- Ogden Stonehealer: And the sands of Glint's hourglass have begun to glow. Her scion's already in the refuge.
- Ogden Stonehealer: Go to Aurene. Complete the trials. I'll get the word out and meet you at Thunderhead Keep with the Pact.
In Glint's Lair
- Upon approaching Aurene
- Caithe: Are those...Glint's remains?
- Comforting Aurene
- <Character name>: Aurene... We haven't thought much about all this from your perspective, have we?
- Aurene: (low rumble)
- <Character name>: This legacy killed your mother, killed your brother... And that vision of it killing you...
- <Character name>: But I know one thing for certain: Glint would never tell you to do this if there was no hope.
- Caithe: You're not alone. We'll all be with you. This isn't only on your shoulders.
- Aurene: (chirp)
- Caithe: Well, if you're both ready?
- Standing on the marks to open the portal
- Caithe: Go ahead. I'll wait for you.
- First trial
- Glint: Welcome, Scion and Champion. If you're here, the final confrontation with Kralkatorrik is imminent.
- Glint: Hope can be powerful, but also dangerous. You must prove that you can strike as one.
- Glint: A better world is waiting to be born.
- Glint: My followers and I developed the resonance crystals that made possible the Dragonsblood Spear.
- Glint: Creating the crystals, forging the Spear... These acts required the channeling of powerful magic.
- Glint: You will see, Scion, that absorbing magic comes naturally. But the power, its temptations...they exact a price.
- Glint: Champion, this magic is powerful and dangerous. Share the burden so she can absorb it.
- Aurene: (roar)
(If downed during a trial.)
- Glint: Stand and try again, champion. You must not fail.
- Glint: Remember–the scion cannot succeed without you.
(After completing the first phase.)
- Glint: Good. Power has many uses, Scion. By choosing to share it and heal wounds, you strengthen your bond with mortals.
- Glint: Remember that bond. As the power grows, so will the dangers. And the temptations.
- Glint: More powerful still, and more dangerous...
- Glint: Well done. When Elder Dragons gorge on magic with abandon, the world falls out of balance. We have no choice but to act.
- Glint: To use power responsibly is to know when and how to share it—and when not to use it at all. Now continue to the next trial.
- Second trial
- Glint: Brand magic must be captured and stored before it can be used to your advantage.
- Glint: The crystal before you will absorb magic released by Branded creatures.
- <Character name>: It's working.
(After filling the crystal)
- Glint: Good. Now you shall see how this captured magic can be put to use.
- Glint: Kralkatorrik and his minions share a common resonance. This strength can also be a weakness.
- Glint: With the right resonance, crystal can not only be broken, but molded. Shaped.
- <Character name>: Okay, Aurene, let's charge these crystals—you know what to do.
- Glint: Champion, focus on your link with the scion. Channel her power, and together you can direct the crystal's magic.
- Glint: Now you see how we forged a weapon capable of piercing Kralkatorrik's armor: the Dragonsblood Spear.
- Glint: Experience for yourself the power of the Dragonsblood Spear.
- <Character name>: Yes...that will do.
- Aurene: (chirp)
- Glint: Use this knowledge in the battle ahead: forge weapons and strike your enemies. Now...proceed to the final trial.
- Third trial
- Glint: Kralkatorrik's strength is absolute; his will, inexorable. In him, you will meet your greatest fears. Summon courage.
- <Character name>: Aurene—wait! We need to work together!
- Glint: Scion, you fear what Kralkatorrik might make of you. Champion, you fear for her survival—and the world's.
- Glint: Help one another. Find courage together.
- <Character name>: Aurene, don't be afraid. I'm right here with you.
- <Character name>: That's not you, Aurene. And it never will be.
- Glint: You've done well. Defeated your worst fears made manifest. Remember: work together. Fight together. And triumph together.
- Glint: Now—I have a gift of understanding for each of you.
- Glint: Scion, my beloved child, there are things about Ascension that can only be expressed between dragons.
- Glint: Champion, come forward and learn how this long journey began.
- Receiving Glint's gift
- Glint: With you, Champion, I share my true legacy—and Kralkatorrik's greatest secret.
- Glint: He foresaw the possibility of a world at peace. A world without strife between dragons and mortals. A world without him.
- Glint: It terrified him. He demanded I help prevent it from coming to pass.
- Glint: But where he saw doom, I saw a gift to the world.
- Glint: I believe in this future—this fragile, powerful hope. But what my daughter must do will seem impossible to her.
- Glint: You must carry that hope for her. Now, leave this place. I will open the way to Thunderhead Keep.
- Glint: Use the Dragonsblood Forge. Arm your allies for the battle of their lives. And face the Crystal Dragon.
- Upon finishing the trials
- Caithe: Finally. I knew you'd have your hand full, but I didn't think it would take two days.
- <Character name>: Two days? It felt like a fraction of that.
- Caithe: Aurene, you feel...different.
- <Character name>: I think we both are. We passed the trials. Ready as we'll ever be.
- Caithe: Then let's go. They're waiting for us at Thunderhead Keep.
- Caithe: There's our way out.