- 1331 AE
- Living World Season 4
- Long Live the Lich
- Free City of Amnoon
Click to enlarge
- Attend Gorrik's trial.
- Meet Taimi at Amnoon's Council Chambers in the Civic Center.
- Take the key.
- Release Gorrik.
- Retrieve impounded materials.
- Follow Taimi and Gorrik to the docks.
- Speak with Lord Faren.
- Join Taimi and Gorrik.
- Jump or use a mount to squash the scarab infestation.
- Search for Blish.
- Receive the Krytan delegation.
- Meet Lord Faren at dock six.
- Run to safety.
- Crush scarabs by riding over them.
- Defend Amnoon.
- Investigate the illusion.
- Kill the Awakened: x/11
- Istari the Inexorable
Pick your way through the court dialogue options (see "Loquacious Orator" below), free Gorrik with the key, and then meet Lord Faren by the docks.
After some more dialogue there is an introduction to a new mechanic: squishing bugs. You can either do this (a) on foot by jumping on them, (b) on a mount by running them over, or (c) on a roller beetle mount. (Using a roller beetle is the fastest method but is only available after playing through the story once before and completing the collection.) Squish all of the marshmallow bugs as indicated by the green stars to continue.
Meet Faren at dock six to play a cinematic, whereupon the scarab plague arrives on the boat. Squish the scarab plague bugs with your mount. Take the opportunity afterwards to move some of the rocks on the ground to the northwest side of the small square - you may find them useful for the breakbar shortly. Joko's Projection then animates some newly deceased locals. Kill them, and then fight the Elite Istari the Inexorable. At 66%, Istari moves to a nearby corpse and gains a breakbar - break it to interrrupt her. There is a pause in the fight at 50%, where more locals appear —Aurene backs you up with some dragon fire— and then Istari traps you in a spell ring forcing you to fight her unto death.
Listen to the remaining dialogue to complete the mission. Optionally there is a statue you may destroy in the hold of the boat.
|Loquacious Orator||Long Live the Lich||1|
|Hear all the arguments during the trial.Story Instance: Seized||Heard All Arguments during the Trial||1|
- The player is prompted to make dialogue choices 3x during the trial. Completing this achievement will require repeating the trial four times.
- First prompt:
- Defend your friend's honor (Councilor Mayameen, I take exception to that characterization. This "creature" is an associate of mine.)
- Ask to speak (Councilor Mayameen, if it pleases the court, I'd like to speak.)
- Second prompt, leading to a further two prompts:
Explain the circumstances (Your Honor, Gorrik is working to PREVENT an outbreak.)
- Tell the truth (It's the Scarab Plague. We believe Joko is planning to unleash it.)
- Ask for the councilor's trust (I can't say more, Your Honor. You're going to have to trust me.)
Find an error in the court's process (Your honor, did you have Gorrik examined?)
- Ask for proof (So you admit you have no medical proof that he's infected or contagious.)
- Call out racial bias ("Look at him"? What's that supposed to mean?)
- Explain the circumstances (Your Honor, Gorrik is working to PREVENT an outbreak.)
|Seized||Long Live the Lich||0|
|Help Gorrik and Blish get out of trouble, and stop an emerging threat to the city of Amnoon.Journal: Seized||Completed Seized||0|
- Complete the instance.
|Squish, Squish||Long Live the Lich||1|
| Kill all the scarabs in 30 seconds or less.Story Instance: Seized
||Quickly Killed All the Scarabs||1|
- Requires completion of Be My Guest (You need to be on a character that has already completed the chapter to receive the Squish, Squish effect)
- At dock 6 after the cutscene. If you have the Roller Beetle then they will be killed upon rolling over them, otherwise you will need to run over each Scarab Swarm three times.
|Stay Asleep, Sheep||Long Live the Lich||3|
| Keep Istari the Inexorable from Awakening your allies.Story Instance: Seized
||Kept Istari the Inexorable from Awakening Your Allies||3|
- Requires completion of Be My Guest (You need to be on a character that has already completed the chapter to receive the Stay Asleep, Sheep effect)
- Break Istari's bar when she gets to 66%.
- Acolyte of Kormir
- Casino Representative
- Cavalier Representative
- Councilor Mayameen
- Lord Faren
- Merchant Representative
- Noble Representative
- Priestess of Kormir
- Trial Witness
- Contacting Taimi
- Taimi: Commander...uh, you know I love you, right?
- <Character name>: You're in trouble, aren't you?
- Taimi: I mean, "trouble" is such a strong word—
- <Character name>: Out with it, Taimi.
- Taimi: Gorrik got himself arrested. Or, um, quarantined. But if you come to his hearing, I bet you can get him released!
- <Character name>: So many questions. Not even sure where to start.
- Taimi: We can go into the details when you get here. Amnoon Council Chambers. Thanks, Commander! You're amazing!
- In Amnoon
- Taimi: Commander, over here!
- Citizen: They're putting that asura on trial today.
- Citizen: You believe it took FIVE cavaliers to take him in?
- Cavalier: Come on. They're really giving him a hearing?
- Clerk: It's kind of delicate, since he's an outlander. You know—a jurisdictional thing.
- Cavalier: The little freak put up a fight when we dragged him in. Hope they throw the book at him.
- Citizen: Heard he's crawling with bugs. So gross...
- Noble: Hey, what's the Hero of Amnoon doing here?
- Taimi: The trial's starting early, so here's a quick rundown...
- Taimi: In researching the plague, Gorrik figured out that it only infects humans!
- <Character name>: Really? That's huge!
- Taimi: Right? Trouble is, locals heard him talking about his work, and they got him arrested.
- Taimi: Luckily, he calls it the pestilence, so no one knows he's working on the Scarab Plague.
- Taimi: Whatever you do, don't call it by name or they'll never let him go.
- While approaching to the council
- Councilor Mayameen: I'm engaged to meet the Tyrian delegation ship, so let's get this going.
- Councilor Mayameen: Mr. Gorrik, you stand accused of conspiracy to release a deadly plague upon our city. How do you plead?
- Gorrik: First of all, it's just "Gorrik." Asura do not have surnames.
- Gorrik: And second—do please note this, as the distinction is vital—it's not a plague. It's a pestilence.
- Councilor Mayameen: Ugh, I'm ready to rule. If there's no one here to speak on this creature's behalf...
<Character name>: Councilor Mayameen, I take exception to that characterization. This "creature" is an associate of mine. (Loquacious Orator: Defend your friend's honor 2/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: Oh—Hero of Amnoon! I wouldn't have expected you to keep such...questionable company.
<Character name>: Councilor Mayameen, if it pleases the court, I'd like to speak.(Loquacious Orator: Ask to speak 1/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: Oh—Hero of Amnoon! We'd be honored. I had no idea you were here for this case.
- Councilor Mayameen: The floor is yours. Although I don't know what could possibly convince me to release this diseased threat into our city.
- <Character name>: Diseased?
- Taimi: Oh! Forgot to mention: To prove it only infects humans, he DID expose himself to the contagion. But nothing happened!
- Councilor Mayameen: Nothing happened? He's deliberately growing a beetle under his skin.
- <Character name>: I'm sorry—he has a what growing where?
- Taimi: Oh, yeahhh, ha ha. Um...it's a new species of beetle that could help us with...you know what.
- Gorrik: His name is Petey. He's cold sensitive, but otherwise an excellent specimen...slash pet.
- Councilor Mayameen: Order, please. Commander, so far I'd say your cause is suffering.
<Character name>: Your Honor, Gorrik is working to PREVENT an outbreak. (Loquacious Orator: Explain the circumstances 4/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: Of WHAT, Commander? This all seems so shrouded in secrecy.
- Councilor Mayameen: The accused freely admitted to working on some kind of horrible...pestilence, I believe he called it...
- Councilor Mayameen: The asura may be new to Amnoon, but their reputation for questionable scientific ethics has been EMPHATICALLY confirmed.
- Councilor Mayameen: If you expect me to exonerate your associate, I think I need to know the whole story.
- Taimi: Ixnay on the arabscay!
<Character name>: It's the Scarab Plague. We believe Joko is planning to unleash it. (Loquacious Orator: Tell the truth 7/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: Scarab Plague! If word gets out, we could have a mass panic on our hands!
- Gorrik: And if I DON'T get out, you'll have massive casualties on your hands.
- Councilor Mayameen: Are—are you THREATENING me?
- <Character name>: Gorrik! No—of course he's not. And we'll do everything in our power to prevent an outbreak. But I need him freed.
- Councilor Mayameen: When you put it that way...I suppose I'd be breaking my oath if I were to stand in your way. You win, Commander.
<Character name>: I can't say more, Your Honor. You're going to have to trust me.(Loquacious Orator: Ask for the councilor's trust 8/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: You've put me in a serious bind, Commander. If I release Gorrik, the people will demand an explanation.
- Gorrik: And if you don't, they'll all be dead. Tough choice, all right.
- Councilor Mayameen: They also need to have faith in the judicial system.
- <Character name>: Tell them that, on my honor, the Hero of Amnoon guarantees the accused poses no threat to the public health whatsoever.
- Councilor Mayameen: Hmm. All right, Commander. But if anything goes wrong—ANYTHING—I'm holding YOU responsible.
<Character name>: Your honor, did you have Gorrik examined? (Loquacious Orator: Find an error in the court's process 3/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: I wouldn't ask any physician to risk exposure. But... there's a bug growing under his skin, and, well—LOOK at him.
<Character name>: So you admit you have no medical proof that he's infected or contagious. (Loquacious Orator: Ask for proof 6/8)
- Councilor Mayameen: Well...
- <Character name>: Then for all you know, the beetle is benign and Gorrik's as healthy as a dolyak.
- Taimi: He won't be when I get done with him...
- Councilor Mayameen: Hmm. The court would seem to find itself in a bit of a conundrum.
- Councilor Mayameen: I can't have him examined for fear of spreading a contagion. But I can't hold him for lack of corroborative evidence.
- Councilor Mayameen: (sigh) Perhaps we've acted too hastily.
<Character name>: "Look at him"? What's that supposed to mean? (Loquacious Orator: Call out racial bias 5/8)
- if asura
- Councilor Mayameen: Well, I mean, even in the best of health, your kind tend to look sort of, you know... sickly. Weak.
- Councilor Mayameen: Well, I mean, even in the best of health, his kind tend to look sort of, you know... sickly. Weak.
- Taimi: Wow, Councilor.
- <Character name>: I think Your Honor needs to examine her own assumptions here.
- Taimi: You tell 'er, Commander.
- if asura
- Councilor Mayameen: I didn't mean... Look, maybe I'm biased. The only asura I've ever seen are the Inquest—present company excepted.
- Councilor Mayameen: I didn't mean... Look, maybe I'm biased. The only asura I've ever seen are the Inquest. And I'm not a fan.
- Councilor Mayameen: They captured some of our citizens and subjected them to horrific experimentation with strange diseases.
- <Character name>: It's clear your experience has caused you to act hastily, Councilor.
- Councilor Mayameen: (sigh) So it would seem.
- if asura
- Councilor Mayameen: Given the lack of concrete evidence, and given your willingness to vouch for his character...
- Councilor Mayameen: The court hereby orders Gorrik released. I hope you know what you're doing, Commander.
- Councilor Mayameen: Mr. Gorrik, you're free to go. Bailiff, leave the key and clear the chamber. Excuse us, will you, Commander?
- After releasing Gorrik
- Gorrik: Cretins.
- Taimi: I think the words you're looking for are "thank you."
- <Character name>: Regardless, it's over now. You two can get back to work—
- Gorrik: They impounded my materials at the docks.
- Taimi: And Blish! They just lumped him in with our stuff. Like a thing. Like PROPERTY.
- <Character name>: Then I'll meet you at the docks.
- Taimi: Please tell me you've learned your lesson, Gorrik.
- Gorrik: Definitely: never underestimate the ignorance of the masses.
- Taimi: I mean bragging about your sensitive experiments in public.
- Gorrik: Am I supposed to anticipate the neuroses and paranoia of literally everyone around me?
- Taimi: Only if you mind the occasional stint in jail.
- Gorrik: (grumble) I really don't understand you people.
- If confirmed it is the Scarab Plague
- Cavalier (1): Heard that asura threatened to release the Scarab Plague on us.
- Cavalier (2): And they let him go? Wait, there he is.
- Cavalier (1): I TOUCHED him. I swear I can feel my skin crawling...
- Cavalier (1): Can you believe they just let that asura go?
- Cavalier (2): There he is—right there.
- Cavalier (1): Unbelievable. It's all about who you know in this world.
- At the docks
- Lord Faren: Well, well, well... Commander!
- Lord Faren: I was hoping our paths might intersect.
- <Character name>: Lord Faren! What brings you here?
- Lord Faren: Pact Marshal Thackeray has sent a ship with supplies to aid poor ravaged Amnoon. He asked me to receive it personally!
- <Character name>: That's a big responsibility.
- Lord Faren: Yes, I assume that's why he sent ME. Ship's been spotted in the harbor; should be arriving soon. Dock six.
- Lord Faren: Say, it would so buoy the spirits of the locals if you were to attend. Give them a bit of diplomatic pomp.
- <Character name>: I've got to help out a friend, so I might be a bit late, but...of course. Wouldn't miss it.
- Lord Faren: Glorious.
- Lord Faren: The delegation will be so impressed. Received by not one, but TWO of the most distinguished heroes in the world!
- Meeting with Taimi and Gorrik
- Taimi: Sheesh. They just dumped our stuff out here like garbage!
- Gorrik: Half of these crates are cracked wide open! Numskulls.
- Gorrik: No! My prized marshmallow mites!
- Taimi: Gorrik, we just got you out of jail. A mite infestation will land you right back in!
- Lord Faren: Never fear!
- Gorrik: Ahhhh!
- Taimi: You can breed more. Commander, maybe run them over with your mount? That'll stop them from spreading.
- Noble: Can't trust those Inquest—asura, or whatever they are. You heard what they did. Council should have kicked him out.
- Noble: Why would the council just...let him go?
- Lord Faren: Right! Now that's handled, I'll be off. See you at dock six, Commander!
- Taimi: You okay?
- Gorrik: I am NOT; I'm having an atrocious day. Now, where is my brother?
- Taimi: He has to be in one of these crates. Hey, Blish? Blish, you in here somewhere?
- After finding Blish
- Taimi: He's powered down!
- Gorrik: No, no, no! Those idiots cut him off from the golem's neural net! It's like a black box. He must be going out of his mind!
- Taimi: You gotta reboot him, quick!
- Blish: (scream)
- Blish: Brother...friends... The horror. I...I couldn't see, hear, speak, move. No sense of space or time. Only nothingness.
- Taimi: Oh, Blish! You're back now. That's all over.
- Blish: I would prefer not to experience that again.
- Taimi: Never again! We promise. Right, Gorrik?
- Gorrik: Indubitably!
- <Character name>: That sounds truly awful, Blish. Are you sure you're all right?
- Blish: (sigh) I think so. It's good to see you all again.
- Taimi: We'll take care of him, Commander. Go ahead and meet the Pact ship.
- At dock six
- Refugee: Can you believe we're getting supplies all the way from Tyria? I had no idea they cared what happened to us.
- Fisher: That overseas aid shipment should be here soon.
- Onlooker: There's the ship! I see it!
- Meeting with Faren
- Lord Faren: But they are my countrymen, and Pact Marshal Thackeray—
- Councilor Mayameen: I am thankful to Pact Marshal Thackeray for Kryta's magnanimous aid, and for your auspicious presence here.
- Councilor Mayameen: But this is Elonian soil, and our people must come together as equals.
- Councilor Mayameen: So, I will greet the delegation, introduce my fellow nobles, and then we will join you—and it seems the commander—here.
- <Character name>: Councilor Mayameen. Lord Faren.
- Councilor Mayameen: Nice to see you again. It seems I am twice blessed today. If you'll please excuse me. Please.
- Lord Faren: Perfect timing, Commander. The Pact supply ship is here. Come, stand next to me so we can be seen together.
- Councilor Mayameen: Krytans, welcome. It is my extreme pleasure to—
- <Character name>: The plague! Faren, everyone, get back!
- Acolyte of Kormir: To me! I'll protect you!
- Acolyte of Kormir: Don't let the scarabs into the city!
- <Character name>: Aurene...? Thank goodness! Can you—?
- if you run over the scarabs while unmounted
- Acolyte of Kormir: Run through the fire—it'll burn them off! QUICKLY!
- <Character name>: The scarabs are dead! Get to safety!
- Appearance of Joko Projection
- If declared independence in Blazing a Trail
- Joko Projection: Presumptuous people of Amnoon! This is the price you pay for declaring your independence...
- If allied with the Sunspears in Blazing a Trail
- Joko Projection: Ingrates of Amnoon! This is your punishment for cozying up to Sunspears...
- If allied with Joko in Blazing a Trail
- Joko Projection: People of Amnoon. Thanks for the banners. Also I´m going to experiment on you. Every great idea needs a focus group.
- Joko Projection: Well, well, well, Commander. What are you doing here? Small world. Or maybe it's just Joko's getting larger.
- Joko Projection: And now I've acquired the Scarab Plague. The genuine article, this time. Thank you for repeatedly failing to stop me.
- Joko Projection: The carnage to come will be on your head—the final act of your pathetic little tale. But first things first:
- Joko Projection: Ten seconds to curtain! Places for Act One, please, places for Act One. Break a leg, people! It's SHOWTIME!
- Joko Projection: Alive or dead, all serve ME! Rise, pets! RISE!
- Dealing with Awakened, Istari approaching
- Joko Projection: Don't slow down now, Commander—this show is just getting started! Scene two: enter...ISTARI, THE INEXORABLE!
- Istari the Inexorable: (roar)
- Joko Projection: Discovered her myself. Very talented.
- quotes while trying to awake minions:
- Istari the Inexorable: Rise, minions!
- Istari the Inexorable: You cannot kill the dead!
- Istari the Inexorable: Once more into the fray!
- Another wave of Awakened
- Joko Projection: Duets are divine, but I love a big ensemble number. Scene three: CAST OF THOUSANDS!
- Joko Projection: And now, the commander's poignant death scene. You're welcome.
- Joko Projection: Wh— You brought a DRAGON? There's no dragon in this show!
- Joko Projection: That's cheating. Nobody likes a cheater, Commander. What do we do to cheaters, Istari?
- Istari the Inexorable: We put them to death.
- Upon defeat Istari
- Joko Projection: And...scene. I do hope you'll join me in Gandara for Act Two, Commander—I've reserved you a front row seat. Exit Joko.
- Joko Projection: (cackle)
- After the fight
- Lord Faren: That's Joko? Good gods, he's insane!
- Acolyte of Kormir: We've always lived in the shadow of that lich, hoping he'd leave us be. I must alert the rest of the council.
- Taimi: Commander! What happened?
- <Character name>: Joko intercepted the ship. Exposed all the crew and passengers to the Scarab Plague.
- Gorrik: Oh my, my, my—a full-spectrum outbreak! This is incredible!
- Taimi: Gorrik...
- Gorrik: Oh, right. Sorry. Tragedy. Terrible.
- if human
- Taimi: Scarab Plague, huh? Lucky you didn't get infected, Commander.
- Lord Faren: That lunatic despot stole the Pact's war supplies and murdered my countrymen. He MUST die.
- Taimi: According to Joko, he CAN'T die. He just pops back to life like a demented Jack-in-the-box.
- <Character name>: Plenty of accounts to back that up. Then again, Joko says a lot of things. He claims HE killed Balthazar.
- Lord Faren: Stealing our credit, eh, Commander? So: what's our plan?
- if human
- <Character name>: It's not that easy. Humans can catch the plague. If we go to war, our people will have to sit it out.
- <Character name>: It's not that easy. Humans can catch the plague. If we go to war, your people will have to sit it out.
- Lord Faren: Seems to me this Joko has already declared war—on US. And I for one am joining the fight!
- Taimi: Uh, Gorrik, Blish—let's give Lord Faren and the commander some privacy.
- Gorrik: Oh my, oh my, oh my...
- <Character name>: Lord Faren, this is a delicate matter—
- Lord Faren: You gave me busy work when you faced Balthazar. Not again. Humans have the most to lose here.
- Lord Faren: Honor demands a Krytan join the fight against this monstrosity. I shall be that Krytan.
- Interacting with the statue in the ship
- Statue: (humming) Nothing to see here. (humming)
- Statue: Oh, who am I kidding? This monument is the finest in Joko idolatry.
- Statue: Consider this a gift to Amnoon in preparation for its subjugation.
- Statue: I'm nothing if not a patron of the arts. Commissioned it from Palito himself, Kourna's most renowned sculptor.
- Statue: He loves rare delicacies, so I served him his wife's liver.
- Statue: Cook went overboard with the cayenne—Palito's nose wouldn't stop running.
- Statue: I had to pose nude for twelve hours, but it was worth it.
- Statue: It captures my menace, don't you think? And my unshakable brio.
- Statue: Oh— Had Palito construct one of you as well. On your knees, of course, and blubbering, as if crying out "Why? Why, why, why?"
- Statue: It's where all Kournan birds prefer to poop.
- The statue has nothing more to say.
- Statue: Sacrilege!
- Statue: Not an art lover, eh?
- Statue: I expect to be compensated. Your liver will do nicely.
Walk Away (the statue cannot be interacted with anymore if you choose this option)
- Statue: Until we meet again, Commander.