- This article is about the species. For other uses, see Dragon (disambiguation).
Dragons are powerful creatures which come in many forms and live across Tyria. They are reptilian beasts connected to various elements, most commonly fire. Unrelated to the ancient Elder Dragons bound to the All, most dragons are known as "lesser dragons" and include species like wyverns, drakes, hydras, and skyscales. Some of them, such as skyscales, are capable of safely consuming magic unlike most mortals, though others, like hydras, are not. While some dragons, such as Glint and her scions, are capable of becoming Elder Dragons, lesser dragons do not have this innate capability. It is unclear what it is that separates those who could become Elder Dragons from the rest.
Dragons of all shapes, sizes, and origin have called Cantha home for thousands of years, since long before the tribes of old joined to form the human empire that took them as its symbol. The Luxon Armada had many legends of the saltspray dragons. One tells of a time ages ago when a dragon king made a pact with a shipwrecked captain. In exchange for wind and guidance, the captain guaranteed that no Luxon would cause harm to a saltspray dragon. To do so would bring terrible luck. That was before the dragons were driven mad by the Jade Wind.
List of dragons
In Guild Wars 2
- See also: Category:Dragons
Other notable dragons
- In the real world, beliefs about dragons vary drastically by region, but dragons in western cultures since the High Middle Ages have often been depicted as winged, horned, four-legged, and capable of breathing fire. Dragons in eastern cultures are usually depicted as wingless, four-legged, serpentine creatures with above-average intelligence.
- ^ a b Guild Chat Episode 83: Fly High, Skyscale, Youtube.com
- ^ Glory of Dragons
- <Character name>: The skyscales. They can get us to Kralkatorrik's wing. That's why Aurene summoned us.
- Caithe: You're going to ride one up to collect his blood? Will they trust you?
- <Character name>: Maybe if I feed them first. They're related to dragons. And dragons eat magic, don't they? I have to try.
- ^ Bounty
- ^ Hidden Arcana
- Ogden Stonehealer: The brotherhood believed that [Glint] would one day become an Elder Dragon. She was old and wise, well on her way.
- Ogden Stonehealer: You can imagine how it might have changed the world if she had survived long enough to become that powerful.
- ^ Legacy
- Eir: Aurene, I need you to listen carefully. Your mother sent us.
- Snaff: Glint is doing everything she can to hold off Kralkatorrik. But she won't win.
- Eir: She needs you. It's time for you to fulfill Glint's legacy.
- Braham Eirsson: Wait, what does that mean?
- Snaff: Aurene must kill Kralkatorrik and replace him as Elder Dragon.
- ^ The Guild Wars Factions Manuscripts
- ^ Farrer
- ^ Defeat the unchained wyvern