When activated the player's model is covered with a hexagonally tiled bright texture. The color of the texture varies based on the player's heat level, being blue under 50% heat, orange above 50%, and red above 100% (when traited with Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit).
When in Photon Forge, the player will passively build up heat, and the normal weapon skill bar is replaced with the following skills.
|1||Light Strike||Swing a holographic blade.|
|Bright Slash||½||Slash with a blade of light energy.|
|Flash Cutter||½||Cleave through all foes in front of you twice.|
|2||Holo Leap||¾||2||Create a holographic launch pad and leap to your foe. The pad remains behind for a short duration, granting increased movement speed to allies who touch it.|
|3||Corona Burst||½||6||Strike nearby foes and begin to store up energy, gaining boons and heat each pulse. After charging, the energy explodes, inflicting conditions on nearby foes.|
|4||Photon Blitz||1½||10||Fire multiple piercing blasts at your target.|
|5||Holographic Shockwave||¾||15||Create a deadly holographic shockwave that launches foes upward. This attack always deals a critical hit.|
- Photon Projector - Photon Forge tool-belt skill. Gain access to Exceed skills.
- Light Density Amplifier - Photon Forge reduces incoming damage but has increased passive heat generation.
- Solar Focusing Lens - Your first few attacks after entering Photon Forge inflict burning and deal additional damage. This bonus is also granted if you overheat.
- Laser's Edge - While photon forge is active and you are above the heat threshold, your outgoing damage is increased.
- Equipping a kit will deactivate Photon Forge.
- Activating and deactivating Photon Forge counts as a weapon swap.
- With Photon Forge active you cannot interact with environmental bundles, banners or siege weaponry.
- Static Discharge functions with Photon Forge and will issue a bolt when both entering and leaving Photon Forge.