From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The name of the series comes from the Guild Wars, a series of conflicts between Tyrian guilds which led to decline of humanity and allowing the charr to invade Ascalon, and other events of the first series of the games.
- Guild Wars Prophecies: a story of Ascalonian refugees who become part of ancient prophecies which will decide the fate of Tyria.
- Guild Wars Factions: a tale of heroes of Cantha who embark on a quest to stop the return of Shiro Tagachi, the Betrayer of the Empire of the Dragon, and the Affliction he brings.
- Guild Wars Nightfall: a story set two years after the first two campaigns, in Elona, Land of the Golden Sun, where Abaddon, a forgotten god, threatens to return.
- Guild Wars Eye of the North: set three years after the Nightfall campaign, heroes from Tyria discover the Eye of the North in the Far Shiverpeaks and use it to fight the Great Destroyer who threatens to exterminate all life.
- Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack: a collection of four missions, each following a historic human hero who shaped Tyria to how we know it.
- Guild Wars Beyond: a collection of free-of-charge content, similar to the Living World, which further built a bridge between the original game series and Guild Wars 2 - which begins 250 years after the events of Nightfall.
- Hall of Monuments, which bestows rewards earned by Guild Wars players to their Guild Wars 2 characters.
- Comparison Map Between GW1 and GW2 (courtesy of "that_shaman" of gw2db.com on May 2012)
- Comprehensive Guild Wars map with Tyria, Elona, and Cantha in highlights (courtesy of "that_shaman" of gw2db.com and linked by guildwars2guru.com forums on July 2012)