From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Flanking refers to positioning oneself behind or to the side of a target where the attacker is in a relatively safer position.
- Serpent's Strike (sword) — Do an evasive roll around your target, striking and poisoning them.
- Death Blossom (dagger+dagger) — Dual Wield. Do an evasive attack over your target, striking nearby foes three times. Each hit causes bleeding.
- Flanking Strike (sword+dagger) — Dual Wield. Evade and stab your foe.
- Flanking Dive (spear) — Evade your foe and then strike, dealing increased damage from the side or behind.
Skills affected by flanking attacks
- Crossfire (short bow) — Fire an arrow that bleeds your target. Attacks are stronger from behind or from the side.
- Poison Volley (short bow) — Fire a spread of five poison arrows. Poison lasts longer if you are flanking or behind the target.
- Crippling Shot (short bow) — Fire an arrow that cripples your target. If you are flanking or behind your target, immobilize them. Your pet's next three attacks inflict bleeding.
- Concussion Shot (short bow) — Daze your foe with an arrow. Stun them if you hit from behind or from the side.
- Hilt Bash (greatsword) — Daze your foe with a hilt bash. Stun them if you hit from behind, and refresh your Maul ability.
- Backstab (dagger) — Stealth Attack. Attack your foe from the shadows, striking for double damage if you hit from behind.
- Tactical Strike (sword) — Stealth Attack. Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt. Daze them instead if you attack from behind. Applies vulnerability.
Traits that affect flanking attacks
- Hunter's Tactics — You deal more damage and have an increased chance to critically strike while attacking from behind or the side.
- Light on your Feet — Damage and condition duration are increased after dodging or using Quick Shot. Short bow skills pierce and gain recharge reduction, and their attacks from behind or while flanking are improved.
- Burst of Agility — Use Lesser Haste when attacking a foe from behind or from the side.
- Twin Fangs — Deal increased critical damage while your health is above the threshold. Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
- Ambush Commander — When you critically strike, or attack your enemies from behind or their flanks, you'll inspire yourself with Kalla's fervor. Gain access to Citadel Order abilities.
Upgrade components that affect flanking attacks
- Superior Rune of the Thief (rank 6 – increases damage dealt by 10% while flanking.)
- Superior Sigil of Frailty Inflict 2 stacks of vulnerability (8 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Ice Inflict Chill (2 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Incapacitation Inflict cripple (2 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Nullification Remove a boon with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Purity Remove a condition with a flanking strike.