From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Flanking refers to positioning oneself behind or to the side of a target, where they are more vulnerable to attacks and where the attacker is in a relatively safer position. A flanking attack is one made from a flanking position.
- Serpent's Strike (sword) — Do an evasive roll around your target, striking and poisoning them.
- Death Blossom (dagger+dagger) — Dual Wield. Do an evasive attack over your target, striking nearby foes three times. Each hit causes bleeding.
- Flanking Strike (sword+dagger) — Dual Wield. Evade and stab your foe.
- Flanking Dive (spear) — Evade your foe and then strike, dealing increased damage from the side or behind.
Skills affected by flanking attacks
- Crossfire (short bow) — Fire an arrow that bleeds your target. Attacks are stronger from behind or from the side.
- Poison Volley (short bow) — Fire a spread of five poison arrows. Poison lasts longer if you are flanking or behind the target.
- Crippling Shot (short bow) — Fire an arrow that cripples your target. If you are flanking or behind your target, immobilize them. Your pet's next three attacks inflict bleeding.
- Concussion Shot (short bow) — Daze your foe with an arrow. Stun them if you hit from behind or from the side.
- Hilt Bash (greatsword) — Daze your foe with a hilt bash. Stun them if you hit from behind, and refresh your Maul ability.
- Backstab (dagger) — Stealth Attack. Attack your foe from the shadows, striking for double damage if you hit from behind.
- Tactical Strike (sword) — Stealth Attack. Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt. Daze them instead if you attack from behind. Applies vulnerability.
Traits that affect flanking attacks
- Hunter's Tactics — You deal more damage and have an increased chance to critically strike while attacking from behind or the side.
- Light on your Feet — Damage and condition duration are increased after dodging or using Quick Shot. Short bow skills pierce and gain recharge reduction, and their attacks from behind or while flanking are improved.
- Burst of Agility — Use Lesser Haste when attacking a foe from behind or from the side.
- Twin Fangs — Deal increased critical damage while your health is above the threshold. Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
- Ambush Commander — When you critically strike, or attack your enemies from behind or their flanks, you'll inspire yourself with Kalla's fervor. Gain access to Citadel Order abilities.
- Assassin's Annihilation — Siphon life from foes when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
Upgrade components that affect flanking attacks
- Superior Rune of the Thief (rank 6 – increases damage dealt by 10% while flanking.)
- Superior Sigil of Frailty Inflict 2 stacks of vulnerability (8 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Ice Inflict Chill (2 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Incapacitation Inflict cripple (2 seconds) with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Nullification Remove a boon with a flanking strike.
- Superior Sigil of Purity Remove a condition with a flanking strike.