— In-game description [?]
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
- When used underwater, the activation is ½ second.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The disenchanter has a weapon strength midpoint of 2615.5.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| February 06, 2018
- Phantasms can no longer be shattered and no longer count toward your maximum illusion count.
- Phantasms are destroyed and then replaced by clones after completing their unique attack or if their attack is interrupted.
- The phantasm summoned by this skill now fires a bouncing projectile that only bounces to enemies.
- This attack is unblockable and removes 5 boons from the targets it strikes.
- The base attack damage has been increased by 300%.
- This attack deals 250% more damage against foes without boons.
- The initial boon removal from the mesmer has been eliminated.
| October 18, 2016
- The casting time of this ability has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
| July 26, 2016
- This utility skill now delivers an additional attack when it is initially cast, removing boons from enemies and conditions from allies in a radius around the target.
| September 29, 2015
- Reduced the attack recharge by 2 seconds.
- The attack from this phantasm is now referred to as "Disenchanting Bolt" in the combat log.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.
| May 20, 2014
- Fixed an incorrect number of bounces skill fact. This skill bounces 4 times (hits 5 targets).
- Fixed a bug that caused this skill to fail to hit its fifth target.
- Updated the skill facts to have the appropriate damage indicator (separate from the general fix to minion skill damage).
| April 15, 2014
- Added skills facts for boons removed and conditions removed.
- Added a skill fact for number of bounces: 5.
| December 03, 2012
- Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Phantasmal Disenchanter has been added to the game.
- This phantasm wields a scepter with the same skin as the Abyssal Scepter.
- The skill icon is a reference to the Rubin vase, a common optical illusion.