From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
It is calculated for each hit and not each skill use. That is to say, in multi-hit skills, each hit has a separate critical hit chance.
Traits that increase critical chance
- See also: Precision#Traits that increase precision
- Radiant Power — Attacks against burning foes have an increased chance to critically hit.
- Righteous Instincts — Retaliation increases your chances to critically strike and grants might each interval.
- Right-Hand Strength — Critical hit chance with one-handed weapons is increased. Sword skills recharge faster.
- Brutal Momentum — While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain vigor when you gain fury.
- Burst Precision — Burst skills have an increased critical chance.
- Unsuspecting Foe — Increased critical-hit chance against disabled foes. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Hunter's Tactics — Increased chance to critically strike while attacking from behind or the side.
- Vicious Quarry — Fury grants ferocity and additional increased critical strike chance. When struck while below the health threshold, gain fury.
- Precise Strike — Opening Strike always critical hits.
- Hematic Focus — You have increased chance to critically strike against bleeding foes.
- High Caliber — You have an increased critical hit chance against foes within the range threshold.
- Keen Observer - Critical-hit chance is increased while your health is above the threshold.
- Hidden Killer — Gain bonus critical-hit chance while stealthed. This bonus lingers for a short duration after you've been revealed.
- Twin Fangs — Deal increased critical damage while your health is above the threshold. Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
- Danger Time — Gain additional critical-hit chance against slowed enemies. Critical hits deal additional damage to slowed enemies. This bonus also applies to your illusions.
- Death Perception - Gain increased critical-strike chance and ferocity while in a shroud.
- Target the Weak — Increases critical-hit chance for each condition on your foe. Gain condition damage based on your precision.
- Decimate Defenses - Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance.
Related upgrade components
Upgrade components that increase critical chance
- Superior Sigil of Vision - Your attacks have a 100% critical chance for 3 seconds after swapping to this weapon in combat.
- Sigil of Accuracy - Increases critical chance
- Minimum critical chance is 5% and max is 100%. Note that critical chance can exceed 100%.