At first, the player may be tempted to try the big locked gate accessible via the river west of the point of interest, but this is the exit. The entrance is hinted at by Malice Swordshadow during Revels & Rivals: "Oh, and Commander? The carvings will lead you. That's all."Enter Malice's tent at the Ash Legion Camp — in Devourer's Ridge. To the right of her (see below) is a small cabinet with four symbols carved onto it. Memorize them. The exact combination of symbols changes daily.
Now head south into The Wardowns. Scattered about this area are eight trees (see below) onto which a unique symbol has been carved; your job is to seek out the four whose symbols match the ones you found in Malice's tent and activate each tree in the correct order. You will hear a clicking sound if you selected the correct tree, but will be inflicted with burning if you select the wrong one or activated it out of order, and will have to start over.
Upon activating the final tree, a dialogue window will pop up informing you that a secret chute has opened. Enter it to access the Cove.
- Commanders can set 4 different map markers directly on the world map, allowing to mark the 4 locations in order based on the locations shown in the previous map: Personal waypoint, attack order, defend order and rally order.
- Giving each symbol a distinct name and typing them in chat helps remembering them and their order. For example, the arrow with 3 heads can be called "tree", or "arrow", and the 6 interlocking lines can be called "valley" or "waves". Creating a story out of the symbols can also help you remember them without having to write them down; for example, The happy man found a tree and cut it down with his axe before rolling the logs into the valley.
- Daily Grothmar Valley: Daily Grothmar Codebreaker — Break the code to find what is hidden. (0)
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: A Carved Path — Uncover the secrets of the Ash camp. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: An Eye for Detail — Solve all of Marjory's challenges. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Eyes for Ears — Find all the listening devices hidden throughout Grothmar. (10 )