From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the lore figure. For the statue object, see Jora (statue).
Jora. Mountain Walker, Kinslayer, Curse Breaker. Blood washes blood.
Jora is one of the legendary heroes of the norn. In life, she was a norn warrior that fought against The Great Destroyer, Primordus' champion. She and her brother, Svanir, were touched by Jormag's corruption. Jora resisted the corruption, but lost her ability to Become the Bear, while Svanir embraced it and became the Nornbear, a champion to the Elder Dragon of Ice and Persuasion.
She is honored for fighting and killing her corrupted brother, which helped her regain her honor. Because of her fratricide, the Sons of Svanir, a cult to Jormag, are very misogynistic towards all women.
|The Guild Wars Wiki has an article on Jora.|
- Jhavi Jorasdottir, one of the leaders of the Vigil, is Jora's great-granddaughter.
- A grawl tribe in Bitterfrost Frontier worships a shrine to Chokocooka, unaware that it is actually a shrine to Jora.
- Jora features a unique hairstyle, which was made available to norn female player characters through the use of a Self-Style Hair Kit or a Total Makeover Kit, including two variants of it.
- Many statues depicting her can be found throughout Hoelbrak, and there is a shrine in her honor in Wayfarer Foothills, which is often under assault by the Sons of Svanir.
- Associated items
- Elegant Artificer's Backpack
- Jora Appearance Package
- Jora's Cape
- Jora's Defender - Jora's shield in Guild Wars Eye of the North
- Jora's Outfit
- Jora Totem
- Jora's Weapons Cache
- Ornate Artificer's Backpack
- ^ Guild Wars 2 Living World - Issue 01, GuildWars2.com