Ettins are large, brutal humpbacked creatures which can be found in Tyria. They have two heads which sometimes have their own personality and name, though despite this they are fairly dumb and have fragmented speech. They're also fairly illiterate. They are known for their hostility to others, especially those encroaching on their lands or interacting with their possessions.
They have a very primitive culture, and have established themselves in tribes led by chieftains. They appear to choose their chieftains based on physical strength and the respect earned from that. Their chieftains are often challenged when members of the tribe believe the leaders have become weak or soft-hearted. Ettins prefer to live in caves or on cliffs, and avoid civilized areas when possible. They are known for using carcasses of their kills for decoration in their homes, which can also serve as a warning to intruders.
- See also: Category:Ettins
- Champion Badly Confused Ettin
- Champion Ettin
- Crazed Ettin
- Enhanced Ettin
- Ettin (NPC)
- Fat Hands
- Lorg the Ettin
- Meek Ettin
- Veteran Brutish Ettin Chieftain
- Veteran Crazed Ettin
- Veteran Ert and Burt
- Veteran Ettin
- Veteran Ettin Carrion Weaver
- Veteran Ettin Chieftain
- Veteran Ettin Leader
- Veteran Giant Ettin
- Veteran Muttanjeff Marrowmash
- "More here!"
- The word ettin was first used in popular English literature and fairy tales, in which an ettin was described as a three-headed giant.
- In Dungeons and Dragons, an ettin is a two-headed giant.
- The name ettin originates from the Norse pronunciation of jötunn.