Dragon Response Mission: Gendarran Fields
Dragon Response Mission: Gendarran Fields
Defend Tyria from the Elder Dragons' rampage. Contains story from Episode 5 of the Icebrood Saga, "Champions".
— In-game description
Incursion at Gendarran Fields
- The Lionguard and Vigil are evaculating innocents to Lion's Arch.
Defend Cornucopian Fields and entrance to Lion's Arch from destroyers.
- Help innocent civilians get to the bridge: x/10
- Put out fires using buckets from the town well: x/10
- Destroyers killed: x/15
- Time remaining: 5:00
- Defend Cornucopian Fields and entrance to Lion's Arch from destroyers.
- Allied forces are moving to defend the Ascalonian Settlement.
Save Ascalon Settlement from being overrun by destroyers.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir
- Destroyer waves defeated: x/5
- Save Ascalon Settlement from being overrun by destroyers.
- Allied forces are under attack from a destroyer champion!
- Defeat the Destroyer Champion
- Destroyer of the Great Bridge
- 80% Hp
- Destroyer Fissures destroyed 0/3
- 40% Hp
- Destroyer Fissures destroyed 0/3
- If the Seraph were asked for aid
Faction Aid: Seraph
- Fight alongside the Seraph and their watchknights.
- Faction Aid: Seraph
- If the norn were asked for aid
Faction Aid: Norn
- Fight alongside the norn shamans to obtain Spirit Blessings.
- Faction Aid: Norn
- If the Ebon Vanguard were asked for aid
Faction Aid: Ebon Vanguard
- Rally at Ebon Vanguard battle standards to stand together for victory!
- Faction Aid: Ebon Vanguard
- If the Deldrimor dwarves were asked for aid
Faction Aid: Deldrimor Dwarves
- Use dwarven alchemical acid to corrode enemies.
- Faction Aid: Deldrimor Dwarves
- If the Flame Legion were asked for aid
Faction Aid: Flame Legion
- Defend Flame Legion shamans while they preform effigy summoning rituals.
- Faction Aid: Flame Legion
- One bouncy chest on first daily completion:
- Depending on the amount of challenges completed, one of these rank chests (only one rank chest is received for each completed mission):
The rank chests above are the main acquisition source for the following rare reward:
- During the mission pre-event the fastest way to get citizens to the designated area that signifies the "entrance to Lion's arch" is while mounted whenever not talking to a citizen. Putting out fires by using water buckets and destroying destroyers is straightforward.
- As the mission locks and the timer and any challenges begin the next step is to get to the Ascalon Settlement marked on the minimap. All destroyers not named "Destroyer Burster" should be eliminated to advance , particularly at the east entrance to the settlement. Meteors will drop from the sky and cause a knockdown wave along with damage as this occurs.
- When all 5 waves of destroyers are defeated the boss spawns. Breaking the defiance bar will improve damage due to Exposed. Wild Flames will launch you into the air and cause burning , and at 80% health three fissures spawn which must be eliminated to move on to the next phase of the boss. Targeting the fissures and not the destroyer bursters which deal heavy damage on death is highly advised. Meteors will continue to drop from the sky causing knockdown and damage as well. The knockdown effect can be jumped over or ignored with stability.
- The boss phases again at 40% , with fissures leading a chase up the ramps towards the north of the settlement. After the fissures are destroyed once more the boss can be finished off.
- Using a Portable United Legions Waystation or "CC consumables" usable in openworld such a Termite Shovel or Rock greatly ease the ability to break the defiance bar.
After the initial event, you will be accompanied by one of the Allied factions. They can be either selected by talking to Meradh near the entrance and paying the fee, or they will be randomly assigned. Many of the NPCs are very weak and die easily, however, some of them have useful utilities.
- Ally Support: Seraph: The Watchknighs accompanying the Seraph provide great Crowd Control.
- Ally Support: Norn: Fighting near Shamans grants you different boons.
- Ally Support: Ebon Vanguard: standing near a Ebon Vanguard battle standard grants a special skill summoning an Ebon Vanguard soldier.
- Ally Support: Deldrimor Dwarves: Speaking to the dwarven grants a single use Alkar's Alchemical Acid.
- Ally Support: Flame Legion: Flame Legion arrives to help by summoning Flame Legion Effigy.
Various challenges can be activated by talking to Veadh near the entrance. Once the first event finishes, they cannot be further changed.
- Recall the Vigil strike teams. (Adds a timer to mission failure.)
- Recall the Order of Whispers infiltrators. (Strengthens enemies.)
- Recall the Priory enchanters. (Enemy champions gain strength.)
- Pull all forces back. I'll handle it. [All challenges on.]
- We need all forces on the field. [All challenges off.]
- The challenge timer is 22 minutes.
|Emergency Dragon Responder: Gendarran Fields||Champions||1|
|Complete the Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission.||Completed the Gendarran Fields Dragon Resonse Mission||1|
- Complete the Dragon Response Mission either in Public or Private instance. Automatically gained while playing through Champions story for the first time.
|Top Dragon Responder: Gendarran Fields||Champions||5|
|Complete 5 Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Missions with all challenges active.||Completed 1 Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission with All Challenges Active||1|
|Completed 3 Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Missions with All Challenges Active||2|
|Completed 5 Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Missions with All Challenges Active||2|
- Complete the mission with all challenges active. They can be activated by talking to Veadh only in Private instances.
|Defeat the Gendarran Fields champion harpy destroyer without getting hit by any meteors while the champions challenge is active.||Champions Defeated: 1||1|
- Can only be obtained in the Private instance of the Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission, requiring you to first activate the stronger champion challenge during the preliminary event of the mission. You will become eligible for the achievement after the preliminary event is completed.
- Eligibility can be tracked via the Eligible for the Shooting Stars Achievement effect.
- To earn the achievement, you must avoid being hit by any meteors or the shock waves that they cause. You can expect to encounter them anywhere you see a Destroyer Fissure. Their area of effect is marked by a field of concentric circles. You will have 4-5 seconds to get clear of the blast area. Failing that, the shockwave can be jumped or evaded, but this is risky, particularly if you are also dealing with latency or a swarm of Destroyers. Destroying a fissure should prevent it from generating more meteors. A meteor can also be generated shortly before a Destroyer Fiend is spawned, so stay wary; these meteors are a one-time occurrence.
- The best solution to avoiding damage is to take advantage of differing elevation. The meteors always strike the same locations, and the shockwaves do not change elevation as they pass over or through terrain. A small hill or incline is often enough to avoid being hit.
- The achievement becomes particularly difficult while clearing fissures between phases of the boss combat. These fissures generate a ridiculous number of destroyers along with multiple overlapping meteor strikes, often in narrow terrain. A good tactic is to climb on top of a building or other terrain and attack the fissure from range.
|Champions Insight: Gendarran Fields||Champions||11|
|Discover this Icebrood Saga Mastery Insight in the public Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission, accessed via asura gate in Eye of the North.||1 Mastery Insight||1|
- Commune with the object during the mission. Can be done after the events/story is over, but still has to be done inside the instance.
- 2 If supported by the Deldrimor Dwarves
- Apple Jack
- Caprice Vonne
- Doomsayer Senug
- Elsa Marrok
- Gravedigger Ukon
- Lara Stanwick
- Lionguard Lieutenant
- Lieutenant Lokam
- Lord Penley Marduke
- Marjory Delaqua
- Monument Guard
- Seraph Archer
- Seraph Lieutenant
- Seraph Soldier
- Sergeant Birnoth
- Sully Fresler
- 1 If supported by the Norn
- Citizen (30, 80)
- Vigil Marksman (dead)
- Vigil Recruit (dead)
- Vigil Tactician
- Villager (29, 80)
- Freshwater Crab (30)
- Destroyer Burster
- Destroyer Fiend
- Destroyer Melter
- Destroyer Soldier
- Destroyer of the Great Bridge
- Veteran Destroyer Fiend
- Veteran Destroyer Melter
- Veteran Destroyer Soldier
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Commander! Thanks for coming. We've been setting up barricades where we can, but we're short on people.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Destroyers are focused on the fields ahead. If they take them, it's a straight shot to Lion's Arch. That can't happen.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'm farther ahead, Commander—at the Ascalonian Settlement.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Marjory, I told you to fall back and regroup near the gates.
- Marjory Delaqua: And I told you that won't happen. I won't abandon these people because their livelihoods are strategically inconvenient.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: No time to argue. Commander, help us clear the fields and get the survivors to safety.
- One of the following:
- Marjory Delaqua: These destroyers keep coming, we're going to need some more help. Just putting that out there.
- Marjory Delaqua: More destroyers coming by the minute. Going to need those reinforcements soon.
- After Defend Cornucopian Fields and the entrance to Lion's Arch from destroyers.
- Marjory Delaqua: Oh, gods. Destroyers on the move! They're swarming the Ascalonian Settlement! Where are those reinforcements?
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Fall back to Lion's Arch! You know we can't save everyone.
- Marjory Delaqua: These settlers lost everything once already, Jhavi. This isn't what I signed up for. And neither did you.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Aaah—DAMMIT. Vigil, reinforce the settlement! Move it!
- One of the following:
- When Jhavi arrives at Ascalonian Settlement
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: We need to cut off those destroyer tunnels! Don't give them a chance to regroup!
- After 3/5 destroyer waves defeated
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Tide's starting to turn!
- Marjory Delaqua: Why don't you try telling them that?
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: You know, I would, but I don't think Tyrian's their first language.
- After 5/5 destroyer waves defeated
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Whoa—giant destroyer on the field! Looks like we got their attention!
- Marjory Delaqua: Could use some help over here with the big guy!
- When the Destroyer of the Great Bridge is at 40%
- Marjory Delaqua: More destroyers popping up! Watch your feet and stay on the move!
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Destroyer reinforcements! Don't let 'em get the drop on you!
- After the Destroyer of the Great Bridge is dead
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: I think that was the last one. Drove 'em back for now.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Next time I give you an order, Jory, I need you to follow it. If we want to beat Primordus—
- Marjory Delaqua: We aren't just fighting Primordus. When we win, we need to be able to live with the decisions we made.
- Marjory Delaqua: If we abandon the weak, what's that say about the world we're fighting for? What's even the point?
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: And if we all die fighting, those ideals won't matter. There's a line. We need to be on the right side of it.
- <Character name>: And today we were. Primordus tried to surprise us. He failed. Good work, all of you.
- Marjory Delaqua: You too, Commander. And thanks.
- Optionally talking to Jhavi
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: I swear by Raven's eyes, if Jory doesn't listen the next time I give an order...
She has a good point, I think.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: You know as much as any of us about the calculus of war. You can't always save everyone.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: And if Jory keeps trying, she's gonna get herself killed.
Why do you think the destroyers targeted this settlement?
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: I assumed it was to draw us away from the gates of Lion's Arch. But that doesn't make any sense.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: They tried hitting those first, to draw us away from the settlement. Jory was the only one who saw it.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Maybe Primordus just thrives on chaos. A settlement of defenseless villagers would be a prime target.
How are things holding up with the Vigil?
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: After Drakkar, I needed to get away from the Marches. I went on a tour of Vigil encampments around Tyria.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Mostly a morale thing. I figured Laranthir would've come back by now. He hasn't.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: Never thought I'd be in charge for this long. But the days keep passing and here I am. So I'm getting used to it.
- The Vigil's lucky to have you leading them. Take care.
- Optionally talking to Marjory
- Marjory Delaqua: Thanks for coming, Commander. That nearly got out of hand.
Why would Primordus target here instead of Lion's Arch?
- Marjory Delaqua: You don't have to be a killer Krytan sleuth to see this settlement is a more attractive target than Lion's Arch.
- Marjory Delaqua: Primordus causes destruction. It's his MO. No better way to do that than set fire to the most vulnerable.
What were you doing in the area?
- Marjory Delaqua: Taimi sent word this was a possible emergence point for Primordus's goons. We just got lucky this time.
- Marjory Delaqua: Well, not "lucky," but, you know.
- Marjory Delaqua: Let's not do that right now, okay?
- Marjory Delaqua: I mean, she's fine. We're fine.
- Marjory Delaqua: Fine.
- You did great work here. Thank you.
- Daily Champions: Daily Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission — Complete the Gendarran Fields Dragon Response Mission. (0)
- Daily Champions: Daily Dragon Responder — Complete any Dragon Response Missions. (0)
- Champions: Dragon Response Initiate — Complete 10 Dragon Response Missions. (2 )
- Champions: Dragon Response Adept — Complete 20 Dragon Response Mission. (4 )
- Champions: Dragon Response Expert — Complete 30 Dragon Response Mission. (6)