The Ringmaster is going to hypnotize the Big Top audience!
- Travel to the carnival.
- Talk to your friend in the crowd.
- Defeat the Ringmaster.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Commander's Armor, Duty-Bound Duffers
- Scout's Coat, Ragamuffin Toeshoes
- Researcher's Coat, Homespun Espadrilles
First, talk to your friend in the crowd. When you're down, after a little while, the Seraph will intercept the ringmaster before he tries to use the Grizwhirl. A dialog with Logan Thackeray will then appear.
You then have to defeat the ringmaster. Several circus employees and some hypnotized crowd members will try to attack you as well. Kill the Ringmaster to finish the instance. If the Ringmaster is not killed quickly, he will hypnotize more crowd members, making completion more difficult.
Approaching the stage:
- The Fabulous Chakravarti: We live for applause, ladies and gentlemen! It's been our pleasure to entertain you.
- Boris the Beast: This is the end of the show, but there's still time for one final performance.
- Madame Gilda: Turn your eyes to the Ringmaster, poppets. Witness his finest moment!
- If street rat:
- Riot Alice: The carnival is a lie! You can't silence the truth!
- If commoner:
- Petra: What's going on? Why are they acting so strangely?
- If noble:
- Lord Faren: Well done! I say, good show!
Talking to your friend:
- Riot Alice: Look at this crowd, <Character name>! If they woke up to what's going on around them, the revolution would be unstoppable. Why did you ask me to come here again?
I didn't ask you to do anything! You have to leave, Alice! You're in great danger. We all are.
- But I got this letter...what's wrong? Has the government finally collapsed?
No! I discovered that the Ringmaster is evil. He's planning to hypnotize the crowd and make them do his bidding.
- I was right? I WAS RIGHT! That's...oh, wow, that's horrible. How do we stop him?
- Stay close, and don't look at that grizwhirl. Captain Thackeray will be here soon.
- Petra: There you are <Character name>! What took you so long? I've been waiting for you ever since I got your letter.
My letter? I didn't send you a letter. Petra, you're in great danger.
- But I got a letter from you, saying to meet you here to watch a special circus performance. If you didn't send it, who did?
I can guess. The Ringmaster is evil. He's planning to hypnotize the crowd and make them do his bidding.
- That's horrible! I can't leave you here alone. If the Ringmaster thinks he can fool us, he's going to find himself taking a bottle to the face.
- Thanks, Petra. Stay close, and don't look at that grizwhirl. Captain Thackeray will be here soon.
- Lord Faren: At last, <Character name>! I came here the moment I received your invitation. Did you bring the delightful Baroness Jasmina? You romantic. Are you trying to get us back together?
Invite you? I didn't invite you. Faren, you have to leave right away. You're in great danger.
- But I got your letter...she's married, isn't she? I knew it!
Faren, listen to me. The Ringmaster is evil. He's planning to hypnotize the crowd and make them do his bidding.
- That changes everything. You can count on me, old friend. Old Master Bongo would roll over in his grave if I left when I was needed most.
- All right, but be on your guard--and don't look at that grizwhirl. Captain Thackeray will be here soon.
After speaking to your friend:
- Ringmaster: Are you ready to be amazed, astounded, and enthralled? Truly, this will be a virtuoso masterpiece!
- Logan Thackeray: Seraph, secure the big top.
- Ringmaster: Watch carefully, ladies and gentlemen. You won't want to miss this!
Cinematic with the Ringmaster:
- Ringmaster: And now, ladies and gents, the highlight of our show! The big finale! Please, turn your attention to... the Floating Grizwhirl at center stage!
- Ringmaster: Watch it go round and round. That which goes up must eventually come down. Queen Jennah's Kryta has had it all. Now it—and she—must tumble and fall!
- Logan Thackeray: Ringmaster! By my authority, I order you to desist! You're under arrest for treason! How dare you threaten the queen!
- Ringmaster: Oh look, it's Captain Thackeray. Don't you like my fascinating grizwhirl.
- <Character name>: Avert your eyes, everyone! Don't look at the grizwhirl. He's trying to hypnotize you! Look away!
- Ringmaster: Spoilsports. I'd have to let you choke the life out of Queen Jennah, Logan, just like she's suffocating Kryta. Think of it, Captain: your hands, crushing her throat.
- <Character name>: Logan, don't let him get to you. He's trying to control your mind. Keep it together, and we can stop him.
- Ringmaster: Rise up, my puppets! Before we can cleanse the city of its monstrous queen, we must first crush the monsters in our midst. Get them!
Cinematic after defeating the Ringmaster:
- Logan Thackeray: The Ringmaster nearly succeeded in spreading chaos throughout the city. Despicable traitor. I'm glad he's dead.
- <Character name>: The queen is safe—for now. I find it hard to believe this was one man's political statement, though.
- <Character name>: Who would have benefited most if he'd succeeded?
- Logan Thackeray: Queen Jennah has no heirs. If the Ringmaster's mob had killed her, the Ministry would have taken rulership of Kryta. With all we've seen lately, I'm convinced that—
- <Character name>: It's a member of the ministry. I came to the same conclusion. And the next time he makes a mistake, we'll be ready.
- Logan Thackeray: Well said. If I see anything suspicious, I'll let you know. Until then, may Dwayna guide your path.
Talking to NPCs after defeating the Ringmaster:
- Riot Alice: The tyranny of the government is one thing, but the Ringmaster wanted pure slavery!
There was no way the Ringmaster's plan could have worked. Not with us here to stop it.
- That's the right attitude! Up with liberty, and up with the Hero of Shaemoor!
- Thanks, Alice. I'm glad you were here.
Yet again, the Seraph saved the public from a criminal who wanted to harm them. Teach you anything?
- Yup. I learned that the Seraph are tricksy. I'll keep a better eye on them from now on.
- Not the takeaway I was thinking of, but okay.
- Well, that's one interpretation.
- Petra: That was AMAZING! You really showed the Ringmaster not to mess with the people of Divinity's Reach.
That Ringmaster was horrible. What a cruel, selfish man!
- You taught him a real lesson. The people of Divinity's Reach owe you a lot, <Character Name>, whether they know it or not.
- Thanks, Petra. That means a lot to me.
Not just me, Petra. You, and Logan, and all of the Seraph.
- I can't wait to get back to the Merchant's Coin and tell Father. He'll be so proud!
- Thanks, Petra. Tell Andrew I said hello, and I'll come by soon.
- Lord Faren: By the shooting stars of King Doric's crown! What was that all about?
Just another normal day in the life of the hero of Divinity's Reach...and friend.
- Ha! Yes, well said. Oh, excellent idea—I should tell Baroness Jasmina about my newest adventures. Do you think she likes the heroic type?
- I think she might. Good luck, Faren.
I think it's time to get a new girlfriend, Faren.
- I suppose you may be right. Maybe even two or three. Ah, it's good to be me!
- Sounds like a disaster in the making, ol' friend.
- Logan Thackery: You've got skill but I'd rather you use it to fight by my side than to make your mark under the bigtop. Not still thinking about joining the carnival, are you?
- No, sir. I've had my fill of clowns. I'll see you again soon.
- The Fabulous Chakravarti: I never wanted to be part of this. Oh, Wriggly. You'd be so disappointed in me.
Cooperate with the Seraph and they might be lenient with you.
- You're right, I'll do that. It's what Wriggly would have wanted.
- I'm sure it is.
You deserve to be arrested Chakravarti. Don't play innocent.
- You're right, of course. I'm so ashamed of myself.
- Think about that while you rot in jail.
- Madame Gilda: If only the sixth sense had foreseen our failure! Why did it abandon me when I needed it most?
- Jail should give you the peace and quiet needed to think about it.
- Boris the Beast: Curse you, you ruin whole plan. One day I break you like I break rock!
- Oh yeah? Give it a try anytime you want, Boris. I'll be waiting.