Deal with Commander Serentine once and for all.
- Meet Logan Thackeray at his office.
- Speak with Anise to get a disguise.
- Hide in a holding cell with Thackeray and Anise.
- Defeat Serentine and her guards.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
Suspecting an inside job, Anise disguises herself, Logan, and you as the named bandits you've become familiar with. Head down the stairs into the prison. Commander Serentine comes through the wall grate to break you free. You reveal the ruse, and Serentine responds by calling in a frightening number of guards. Luckily, Logan is determined, so as long as you keep yourself alive, you'll eventually win. Defeating Serentine will cause the rest of the guards to surrender.
The story chapter which follows Serentine's surrender varies depending on your choice of biggest regret in your biography.
As you approach Logan and Anise:
- Logan Thackeray: It's my fault. I never should have sent Francis alone. He's a good man, but he's not—
- Countess Anise: You're too hard on yourself, Logan. And on everyone else. The queen doesn't expect perfection. Why do you?
Talking to Countess Anise prior to talking to Logan:
- Countess Anise: You're a welcome sight. Captain Thackeray is eager to discuss his plans, but he doggedly refuses to do so without you.
- I'd better not keep him waiting. Thank you.
Speaking with Logan:
- Logan Thackeray: This is a temporary victory. Commander Serentine's clearly helping the bandits. She's disrupting our investigations, and she's breaking the bandits out of the prison when we do catch them.
So what do we do? Can we arrest Serentine and bring her to trial?
- Not without hard evidence... or a confession. Serentine doesn't know what happened with the arsonists, so she might be planning to break Big-Nose Ted out of jail.
Could the countess disguise me as Ted? I could trick a confession out of the commander.
- Countess Anise: A brilliant idea, but we can't let you go in alone. I have the power to disguise us all. You'll need our help if Serentine refuses to surrender.
- Done. I'm looking forward to this.
- I'm not ready. Give me a moment to think.
Talking to Logan once again, before talking to Anise:
- Logan Thackeray: I think we're as ready as we can be. It's time to talk to Anise do she can disguise us.
- Sounds good to me. Let's go.
Talking to Anise:
- Countess Anise: Disguise you as Big-Nose Ted and us as bandits? You really are as clever as Logan says.
Once we're disguised, we'll go down to the dungeon and wait in the cells. When Serentine arrives to break us out, we've got her.
- As simple as snow. Hold still, my friends. This might feel strange, but I promise it won't hurt.
- Whenever you're ready, my lady.
After Anise disguises you:
- Logan Thackeray: Wait, what? What's up with my face? Why do I have to be the burned one?
- Countess Anise: It's not permanent, so stop crying. We need to be in the cells before Serentine arrives. Let's move.
- Logan Thackeray: I was too hard on Francis. Ultimately, responsibility lies with me.
Cinematic in the cell:
- <Character name>: Shh! I hear something.
- Logan Thackeray: It's coming from below, and that floor grate is moving. So that's how they've been getting in and out without being seen!
- Countess Anise: Patience, Logan. Hush, or you'll give away the entire game.
- Commander Serentine: Ted? Springing you is becoming a full-time job, you troll-faced goon. Come on, I'm getting you out of here.
- <Character name>: Thanks, Commander, but I'm not Ted...and you're not going anywhere.
- Logan Thackeray: The game is over, Serentine. If you want to live, throw down your weapons. Now.
- Commander Serentine: Clever. Finally one step ahead of me, eh, Logan? Too bad you won't live to brag about it. Guards—leave no one alive. That's an order.
As the fight breaks out:
- Commander Serentine: Rally to me! Shield formation!
- Commander Serentine: I can't be seen here, you idiots! Kill them all!
- Logan Thackeray: What are we waiting for? Rush them!
- Countess Anise: Logan, wait! Don't rush in!
- After attacking a Ministry Guard
- Commander Serentine: Break formation! Spread out and take 'em down!
- Commander Serentine points at <Character name>.
- Commander Serentine: Don't dance! Kill! Gods! Do I have to do everything myself?
- Commander Serentine threatens <Character name>.
Cinematic after Serentine is defeated:
- Countess Anise: That was exhilarating...and effective. Commander Serentine's little "work release" program is officially shut down.
- Countess Anise: You've won a major victory for your queen, Captain, but it wouldn't have happened without the help of our new friend.
- Logan Thackeray: Anise is right. Congratulations are in order. You have more than earned the gratitude of the Seraph.
- Logan Thackeray: Enjoy your victory. I'll be in touch with you again soon. Divinity's Reach can always use someone we can trust.
- <Character name>: I'll be ready.
After the cinematic:
- Logan Thackeray: That felt good.
When talking to Anise, after the fight:
- Countess Anise: I like your style. If you ever want to consider a long-term commitment to the queen, I can put in a good word for you.
- I'm honored, Countess.
When talking to Logan Thackery, if you catch him before he leaves:
- Logan Thackeray: We make a good team. I've missed having...never mind. I'm just glad you're here.
- Glad to be here, Captain. and happy to help.
- Completing this quest awards the Crime and Punishment achievement.
- Any Ministry Guard left alive at the end of the combat will change their names to Surrendered Ministry Guard.