Regrouping with the Queen
Regrouping with the Queen
- 1330 AE
- Living World Season 3
- The Head of the Snake
- Queen's Throne Room
- Report to the throne room for updated orders from the queen.
- Go to the throne room in Divinity's Reach.
- Report to Queen Jennah.
- Talk to Logan Thackeray.
|Regrouping with the Queen||The Head of the Snake||0|
|Head to the throne room for updated orders from Queen Jennah.Journal: Regrouping with the Queen Completed||Completed Regrouping with the Queen||0|
- Complete the Regrouping with the Queen mission.
|Courtly Discourtesy||The Head of the Snake||1|
|Bring some life to the throne room by interacting with its denizens.Story Instance: Regrouping with the Queen
"You can't play in here! This is the throne room!"
|Discovered 3 Interesting Tidbits in the Throne Room||1|
- Salute the Child. (use the emote)
- Gossip with all three ladies-in-waiting.
- Glide, swim, and pet Shadow while the guards are glaring. All 3 actions have to be done in any order but within 8 seconds of each other : it can be tracked as No Swimming, No Gliding and No Playing with the Cat.
- Countess Anise
- Demmi Beetlestone
- Logan Thackeray
- Queen Jennah
- Seraph Soldier
- Shining Blade
Approaching the queen:
- Queen Jennah: Captain Thackeray, how are we doing?
- Logan Thackeray: The tide has turned, Your Majesty. It's only a mop-up operation now.
- Logan Thackeray: Thanks in no small part to the commander here.
- Logan Thackeray: If I could have been out there more...
- Queen Jennah: You served your kingdom well, Logan. That's that.
- Logan Thackeray: Your Majesty.
- Queen Jennah: What of the head of the snake?
- Countess Anise: Running home to die in his den, the slippery serpent.
- Countess Anise: I'd say we should just torch the place and rid ourselves of him, but there are still innocents at the manor.
- Countess Anise: Canach and a detachment of Shining Blade are there. They're waiting to...
- Countess Anise: Well, Canach wants out of his obligation to me, and I won't stand for Caudecus seeing another sunrise.
- <Character Name>: I should go, then. To ensure justice is served. And...just in case.
- Queen Jennah: I agree. And I have someone who could be of great help to that end, Commander.
- Demmi Beetlestone: I can lead you in. I know a way. Some tunnels behind the manor.
- Countess Anise: The daughter of the villain? I see a few issues with that...
- Queen Jennah: Anise.
- Countess Anise: But any help is welcome.
- Demmi Beetlestone: He also might be going home to unleash his contingency plan. He's desperate.
- Demmi Beetlestone: And trust me, when Caudecus is desperate, he's dangerous.
- Countess Anise: Well, if anyone would know about that...
- Countess Anise: Logan, take the Seraph and make sure no one slips out the front.
- Countess Anise: We'll remove the disease surgically following Lady Beetlestone's intimate knowledge of her dear father's secret paths.
- Demmi Beetlestone: We?
- Countess Anise: Yes, child. I'll see you there and be right by your side. As the commander said, to ensure justice is served and...
- Countess Anise: ...Just in case.
- Queen Jennah: Anise, you should stay in Divinity's Reach. Demmi is a friend. A capable friend not in need of supervision.
- Countess Anise: Oh, Of course. Whatever the throne's will. Get to it then, everyone! You have a snake to behead.
- <Character Name>: Logan, a moment before we shove off?
- Logan Thackeray: Sure.
Speaking to Logan Thackeray:
- <Character Name>: Rytlock and I started a new guild.
- <Character Name>: With you up and about again, I was wondering if you'd like to return to the fold, but...in Dragon's Watch.
- Logan Thackeray: Interesting proposition, Commander, but...I think I have other plans.
- Logan Thackeray: General Soulkeeper came to see me the other day and offered me the position of Pact Marshal.
- Logan Thackeray: I didn't...at first I didn't think it was for me, but my injuries and today...
- Logan Thackeray: Well, my eyes were opened to...my role here.
- Logan Thackeray: Her Majesty has always been the kind of person to do things her own way. It's time I started doing the same.
- <Character Name>: It's a great honor, and you deserve it. Have you told her yet? I imagine she'll be disappointed.
- Logan Thackeray: I think she'll be...just fine. Have a safe mission. See you on the other side.
Speaking to Queen Jennah again:
- Queen Jennah: Something else, Commander?
Was it just me, or was the Countess acting...oddly?
- Not at all. She's planning to disobey me and accompany you on the mission. A blade as seasoned as hers could be of service to you, so I'll let her have her scheme.
She is? How...?
- The nobility think ruling is all about shows of strength and certainty. Those are just illusions. Real power comes from listening, observing. Seeing what's really there.
You don't miss much, do you?
- Best of luck with your mission, Commander.
- Your Majesty.
- As you say.
- Her help will be much appreciated.
After the incident with Estelle, I meant to ask you about Logan...
- Captain Thackeray has provided unwavering, invaluable service to the crown. I expect he will continue to do so, especially given the current situation with Caudecus.
Apologies if I've given offense, Your Majesty.
- That's not necessary. I hear the whispers, and I see with my own eyes. Logan is...a loyal servant, and a friend. I think he's coming to terms with that. At last.
- So it would seem.
- Indeed. If you'll excuse me, I should prepare for the incursion.
- No, nothing. I take my leave.
Speaking with the other NPCs:
- Shining Blade: Greetings.
Who's the kid?
- A temporary guest of the crown. She was playing in the plaza when the attack started. Her parents...well, the Seraph are still looking for them.
Curse the Mantle. Yet another tragedy they must answer for.
- Not that you'd know it, looking at her. Nothing gets her down. The other guards disapprove, but I think the throne room could do with a little fun. Maybe even mischief.
- She was an eagle...until she slipped and fell into the water. Then she decided she was a shark. Cute stuff like that. It's no wonder the queen has developed a soft spot for her.
- Maybe a little levity is just what this place needs.
- Maybe you're right.
- Look after her, will you?
Anything I should know?
- Things are tense, obviously, what with the siege and all. But I'm not much for gossip. I leave that to the highborn attendants.
- Noted. Thank you.
- As you were.
- Child: Halt! Who are you? Are you a White Mantle invader? I'm a guard in the Shining Blade. Halt! And stay halted also.
I surrender! I surrender!
- No no, you're not supposed to surrender. I told you, I'm in the Shining Blade! You have to do the thing!
I'm not sure what you mean.
- Ugh, you're no fun!
- Not at the moment, no.
- I really should be going.
- Sorry, little one. I don't have time to play.
- (After saluting)
- Child: Yay! You're the best! I'm glad you're not White Mantle, too.
- At ease, soldier.
- Lady-in-Waiting (1): Oh! Do you have any, um, news? Preferably...interesting?
How is Countess Anise?
- Busy, if her...vaguely conspiratorial whisperings with the queen are any indication. Not that I blame either one of them, of course, what with the rumors swirling around the Shining Blade.
And the Priory, or so I hear.
- Oh, indeed! Anybody who's anybody knows that the Orders have been at odds of late.
Anybody trafficking in court gossip, you mean.
- But did you know—and you didn't hear this from me—that Anise thinks there might even be a spy within their ranks?
- I will. Thanks for the tip.
- As if we needed any more problems.
- Good to know.
- I must be going.
- Lady-in-Waiting (2): Good evening. Some gathering, is it not?
How is the queen?
- Stressed, naturally. Not surprising, given this business with the White Mantle and their dreadful siege.
And Caudecus. A noble. Like you.
- I still can't believe he's behind this. He seemed so...refined!
Don't worry. The queen's justice will be swift.
- Just between you and me...what I heard, about Estelle? On the steps outside this very room? Seems a little...frightening, don't you think?
- There's more to Queen Jennah than she lets on. Enjoy your evening.
- Appearances aren't everything. Good day.
- I must be going.
- Lady-in-Waiting (3): So nice of you to say hello.
How is Captain Thackeray?
- As strong willed and hardheaded as ever, although he seems to have outgrown his puppy-dog affection for the queen. That look didn't suit him anyway.
I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
- Come now, darling. Everyone knew it. And besides, Logan is so last year. Even the cutest kitten can grow into old tomcats, if you know what I mean.
I'm sure I wish I didn't.
- Lord Faren, though. Now there's a proper gentleman. Courteous. Magnanimous. Dauntless. Flawless. Tall...
- Oh, sorry—duty calls. Immediately.
- As you say.
- It's not our place to gossip about the captain.
- I must be going.
- The child also responds to /threaten.
Glide, swim, pet in this order worked.