Drawing Out the Cult
Drawing Out the Cult
Attack the cultist-led bandit camp and defeat the White Mantle.
- Meet Logan near Sojourner's Way.
- Taunt the cultists until they attack.
- Defeat the bandits.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
You will start in front of Logan, the two Exemplars, and a bunch of Seraph soldiers. Approach Logan to begin the cinematic. After that, the soldiers go into hiding and the bandits become visible.
Approach Inquisitor Torbon to begin the second cinematic. Be warned - after the cinematic all the bandits turn hostile. The soldiers will charge in from behind to help you deal with waves of bandits. After about half a dozen waves, Inquisitor Torbon will appear and attack you. Defeat him to trigger the ending cinematic. Do talk to the NPCs at this point for some personality points.
All foes are initially friendly
At start of mission:
- Exemplar Salia salutes <Character name>
- Exemplar Mehid salutes <Character name>
- Logan Thackeray waves at <Character name>
- Logan Thackeray: Looks like this combined Seraph-Shining Blade strike team is ready to go. We just need somebody to start things off.
- <Character name: They abused the memory of my parents and tried to kill me. I want first crack at them.
- Exemplar Salia: I know you're angry, but we can't alert them to our attack before it begins.
- Logan Thackeray: Don't discount righteous anger so readily, Exemplar. The White Mantle will bolt if they see us. But one angry civilian, especially one they want dead? They'll stay and fight.
- Logan Thackeray: We'll have a company of guards waiting, and trebuchets set to fire. The Seraph will be ready.
- Exemplar Mehid: Very well, Captain. We'll play it your way. But as soon as they make a move, we'll be there.
- <Character name: Just be ready to move quickly. If you wait too long, there may not be any White Mantle left for you to fight.
After the cinematic and the soldiers hide:
- Logan Thackeray: Draw them close and get them distracted. Make them focus on you. The trebuchets will be waiting for your signal.
Talking to Logan Thackeray:
- Logan Thackeray: Don't worry. We'll be right over that ridge, waiting to run in on your signal. Just get them to attack and we'll take care of the rest.
- I'm ready for this. They can't bring anything I can't handle. Thanks, Logan.
Talking to Exemplar Mehid:
- Exemplar Mehid: We're right behind you.
- Thanks. Keep your eyes open.
Talking to Exemplar Salia:
- Exemplar Salia: We'll follow your lead.
- Thanks. Stay close.
Cinematic on approaching Inquisitor Torbon:
- Inquisitor Torbon: You look lost, citizen. And if you're not lost, you should get lost. You're not welcome here.
- <Character name>: But I'm selling little jade mursaat statues. I enchanted the stone so that they weep and wet themselves when you mention Queen Salma.
- Inquisitor Torbon: What did you say? Hey, everyone—gather around and listen to this idiot's last words!
- <Character name>: Just that the mursaat were a bunch of pointy-toed bed-wetters. The White Mantle must have been desperate to worship such laughable "gods."
- Inquisitor Torbon: We'll hang you from a tree and let the birds strip you down to the bare bones, one peck at a time.
- <Character name>: Good to know. It makes what I'm about to do even more satisfying.
After the cinematic:
- Logan Thackeray: That's our cue! Go! Go! Go!
- Inquisitor Torbon: We‘re under attack! Seraph and Shining Blade! Kill them all!
After each wave of bandits:
- Exemplar Salia: More incoming!
- Logan Thackeray: White Mantle! Your cause is dead, and so are you!
- Exemplar Mehid: Our enemies gain in number.
After the final wave of bandits:
- Logan Thackeray: Take down their leader!
- Inquisitor Torbon: Stop them! They can't leave here alive!
- Logan Thackeray: Well done everyone.
- <Character name>: But still no answers. Do I have to sift through the ashes of every White Mantle hideout in Kryta to find out what they know about my parents?
- Exemplar Mehid: That shouldn't be necessary. Now that the operation is over, I can tell you the good news. Salia and I found the last known residence of your parents.
- <Character name>: Really? Can you show me the way? If Countess Anise can spare you for a personal pursuit, that is. Maybe I can find something useful there.
- Exemplar Salia: After this victory, I'm sure the countess won't object to us helping you with this. The location is south of the Delanian Foothills. We'll meet you there.
- Logan Thackeray: Go on, and good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. After everything you've done for Kryta, you deserve some good news.
Talking to Logan Thackeray after the end cinematic:
- Logan Thackeray: Good work! I'm going to put a commendation for bravery in my report. You did a bang-up job.
Thank you, Logan. I only hope I can be as brave learning about my parent's past.
- I know you will be. In the time I've worked with you, I've been amazed at your inner strength and dedication. Trust yourself.
- That means a lot to me. I'll see you soon.
We did it! Down with the White Mantle. We'll never have to deal with those fanatics again!
- I wouldn't be so sure. I get the feeling that this was just the tip of the iceberg. But at least this group is handled — for good.
- Now that I know what to look for, I'll keep watch for any sign of them.
- Thanks, Captain. I just hope we find something useful.
Talking to Exemplar Mehid after the end cinematic:
- Exemplar Mehid: Your quest to find your parents is inspiring, <Character name>. I'm almost as excited as you, to find out more.
Where did you get the information?
- I can't tell you everything, but the information came from the Shining Blade archives. Your parents worked for the Blade. Their records were filled with commendations.
- I bet they were some of the best agents the Shining Blade ever had.
If they worked for the Shining Blade, why didn't you find me when they died? Didn't the Blade know I existed?
- Your parents never told the Shining Blade about you. They wanted to retire and have normal lives. The Blade respected that and never checked in.
It's all a big mess. Imagine how different my life might have been if we'd grown up together. I might be a Shining Blade, like you and Salia.
- I would have liked seeing you grow up. As a kid, I mean. You know. Friends.
- Me, too. Thanks for the information, Mehid.
- I'm grateful for this opportunity to find out more. Thank you, Mehid.
- Thank you, Mehid. I'll see you there.
Talking to Exemplar Salia after the end cinematic:
- Exemplar Salia: We'll meet you at the property as soon as we're done debriefing. An exemplar's work is never done. At least, not when one reports to Countess Anise.
She seems nice. Is she tough to work for?
- Anise is made of stronger stuff than most people would believe. Still, she's hard, but fair. Just don't test her temper.
I don't plan on it.
- It's like a wildfire—it flares up, but is as quickly gone. In its wake, she sees much more clearly than before.
- I see. Thanks for the warning, Salia.
Understandable. Nice to know that she's not all good looks and flattery, then. She protects the queen, after all.
- If she didn't know how to lead, she wouldn't be the queen's right hand. We trust her with our lives, and so can you.
- I've heard that. Take care, Salia. See you soon.
- I'll keep that in mind.
Can you tell me more about the
- I can, but such knowledge is dangerous. The mursaat were an ancient people, long dead. The White Mantle worship them, but the last mursaat was eradicated many years ago.
Are you sure of that?
- Can we ever be certain of anything? The Shining Blade stays on the lookout, but I've never seen hints that they still exist.
- Fascinating. Thank you.
- I'm glad to know that Kryta is safe from this ancient threat. Thank you, Salia.
- I understand, Salia. I'll meet you at the address you gave me.