Into the Woods
Into the Woods
The Ringmaster is gathering new recruits.
- Attend the Ringmaster's secret gathering near Black Haven.
- Defeat the monsters.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Go to the mission location and enter the marker. You will see the Ringmaster talking to some recruits. As you approach, there will be a cutscene. When the cutscene stops, you will be surrounded by monsters. Once you attack them enough, they turn green and stop fighting. A "Monster" arrives, and once it's killed, you've finished this part of your personal story.
- Monster (becomes allied when health reaches 20%)
Cinematic with the Ringmaster:
- Ringmaster: Your attention, please! Welcome, my dear little clowns and fools, to the dress rehearsal for the big show in Divinity's Reach! We're going to bring the house down!
- Ringmaster: Today, we're testing the circus's greatest attraction to date! Behold, Uzolan's Floating Grizwhirl! Gaze upon the grizwhirl. Clear your minds completely.
- Ringmaster: Look around, ninny-bells. Where are your friends? Whatever will you do? For the survivors, it'll be a night to remember! And now, it's time for me to bow out.
- <Character name>: Woah! My head is spinning. I... where did all the recruits go? What? We're under attack!
During the battle (said as they hit 50%):
- Monster: You won't get me! I'll kill you! I'll kill you all!
- Monster: I don't want to die! Please, somebody save me!
- Monster: Oh, gods, what's happening! Stay away from me, you beasts!
- Monster: Get away! Monsters! You're all monsters!
- Monster: The Ringmaster's right! We have to fight back! Kill them all!
When additional spawns arrive:
- Monster: The Hero of Shaemoor has lost it! I need help over here!
When the final Monster arrives:
- Monster: Hey, take it easy! What do you think you're doing?
- Monster: Wake up! I don't want to hurt you!
- Monster: It's me! Logan! Logan Thackeray!
Cinematic with Logan:
- <Character name>: Get away from me, you—
- Logan Thackeray: Stop! It's me. It's Logan. Get ahold of yourself! The Ringmaster has affected your mind!
- <Character name>: What? Logan? But—
- Logan Thackeray: Blessed Lyssa, I thought I was gonna have to knock you out. You were attacking unarmed civilians and my Seraph. Luckily, even in your confusion, you held back.
- <Character name>: On some level, I knew it wasn't real. My mind is stronger than his usual victim. Victims! By the gods, Logan, he was going to use the Floating Grizwhirl in Divinity's Reach!
- Logan Thackeray: If the Ringmaster creates this kind of hysteria in the city, many will die. We have to shut down the carnival.
- <Character name>: No, wait. If you do that, he'll just hide until we're least expecting him. It would be better to catch him in the act.
- Logan Thackeray: It's risky, but I agree. He doesn't know you're a spy. You can keep an eye on him, and we'll strike when he makes his move.
Talking to NPCs after cinematic:
- Logan Thackeray: That Ringmaster is trouble, but he loves having an audience. It won't be long before he strikes again—and more publicly.
If he's determined to do this, he'll want the biggest crowd possible. That could be tremendously dangerous.
- He'll be able to command them to do anything. A personal army of slaves, just waiting for the Ringmaster to give them a target.
- We'll stop him before it comes to that.
- I will be. See you there.
- Seraph Soldier: Glad you're on our side. When I saw the look in your eye, I thought I was dead.
- Seraph Soldier: You were holding back, weren't you? Thank the gods! I'd hate to see you go all out.