- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Krytan Politics
- Shaemoor Fields
- Street Rat
- Preceded by
- The Perils of Friendship
- Followed by
- Going Undercover
Two-Blade Pete sent Quinn to the Sheamoor apothecary to commit another crime, but the Seraph are closing in. This may be Quinn's last chance to get out before he ends up in prison, or worse.
— In-game description
Help Quinn survive the apothecary job.
- Find Quinn at the apothecary.
- Save Quinn from the Bandits.
- Defend the apothecary.
- Check on the apothecary.
- Speak to Logan Thackeray.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (2)
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Malign Torch, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Sword, Malign Axe, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Healing Warhorn, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Rifle, Resilient Shield
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Warhorn, Malign Dagger, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Dagger, Healing Short Bow
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Focus, Mighty Dagger, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Focus, Mighty Pistol, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Focus, Healing Dagger, Mighty Staff
Enter the instance and approach the house where Quinn and the bandits await. After some dialogue between them, the bandits will turn hostile and you will be pitted against several waves of them. There will be from 2 to 4 bandits per wave and they are fairly easy to take down. Make sure to use Quinn to distract them as you take care of them one by one. Once all the waves are defeated, you will be asked to enter the house and free the old woman inside. Simply interact with her upstairs to create more dialogue, during which you will advise Quinn to back out of whatever it is the bandits are doing. On your way outside, you will meet up with Logan, who will ask your help with the bandit problem. Countess Anise will place a spell on you, diguising you into a bandit when you will approach their hideout. When you are ready, you may exit the instance.
Entering the instance.
- Bandit Highwayman: Let's get this stuff back to Pete. The others will take care of the rest.
- Riot Alice: Be careful with that stuff. It's dangerous.
Talking to Riot Alice:
- Riot Alice: What are you doing here? You should be careful, this is a bad time for a visit. Besides, I thought you were moving on.
- First I need to talk to Quinn.
Approaching the Apothecary house:
- Apothecary: Help!
- Apothecary: They're going to kill me!
- Quinn: Seriously, guys. We can still work this out. We don't have to hurt the old lady.
Cinematic after the bandits looted the apothecary:
- Apothecary: Please don't kill me! I've given you everything you asked for.
- Quinn: What are you doing? We don't need to hurt her.
- Bandit Thug: We do what Pete says, and Pete says she dies.
- Quinn: Yeah? Well... well, I say no way!
- Bandit Thug: Say whatever you want, but I'm not leaving her alive.
After first wave of bandits:
- Quinn: There're more coming.
Talking to Quinn while fighting:
- Quinn: The fight's not over. Stay ready.
- Let them come. I'm ready.
Cinematic after defending the apothecary:
- Quinn: I had things under control, but I'm glad you showed up.
- Apothecary: As am I. We owe you our lives. Thank you. But they took my entire supply of rhizome powder. It's a strong poison.
- <Character name>: Poison? Quinn, what's going on? The Seraph will be here any second. If we tell them what Pete's planning, they can stop it.
- Quinn: You're working with the Seraph? When did you become a rat? Don't you know you can't trust the law?
- <Character name>: I trust Thackeray more than Two-Blade. Come on. You wouldn't help stab one person, why would you help poison dozens?
- <Character name>: Be smart for once. Lay low until Thackeray makes his move and Pete's either dead or in prison.
- Quinn: But I...but I...I...uh, you're right.
- Quinn: Listen, thanks for saving me. I'll do what you say, and hole up until all this blows over. And hey, thanks again.
After the Seraph arrive:
- Logan Thackeray: The Seraph are right outside.
- Quinn: I'm out of here!
- Logan Thackeray: Keep saving people and you'll be the one they're swooning over in the streets. And believe me, it's not as nice as it sounds.
Talking to allies before Logan:
- Apothecary: I've never been so frightened. What is the world coming to? Thank the Six Gods you came along.
- The gods do what they can. The rest is up to us. Farewell.
- Countess Anise: Captain Thackeray speaks very highly of you. I'll have to keep an eye on you from now on.
And I'll keep an eye on you, Countess. I'm sure there's much I can learn.
- How sweet. I look forward to a mutually educational relationship.
- Thank you. Good-bye.
Cinematic with Logan Thackeray:
- Logan Thackeray: We heard the commotion, but it looks like you took care of it.
- Logan Thackeray: Please allow me to introduce Countess Anise, Advisor to the Royal Court and Master Exemplar of the Shining Blade. What happened here?
- <Character name>: The apothecary's safe. but Pete's gang got away with a lot of poisonous rhizome powder. I feel responsible; I couldn't stop them in time. Let me help you deal with it.
- Logan Thackeray: Certainly. If you can find out when and where they plan to use the poison, we can shut Two-Blade Pete down for good.
- <Character name>: Pete's gang knows I was here. When none of his people return from this job, Two-Blade will be out for my blood.
- Countess Anise: Don't worry. My magic can disguise you as a common bandit. You can walk among them, and they'll never know it's you.
- Logan Thackeray: We'll give you the location of their hideout. It's dangerous, but if you're willing, I know you can handle it.
- <Character name>: Consider it done. I want to put Two-Blade Pete out of business even more than you do.
- Countess Anise: Very well, then. I'll cast it on you now, but the disguise won't activate until you're close to the bandit headquarters.
- Logan Thackeray: When you're ready, head to this location on your map. My scouts tell me Pete's men are hiding there. You'll be on your own, so be careful. Happy hunting.
- Countess Anise: Stand still for a moment, and I'll place the enchantment on you.
- Countess Anise: Done. When you reach the bandit cavern, you will be transformed.
- Logan Thackeray: Undercover work is tricky. To pull this off, you have to eat, breathe, think, and stink like a bandit.
Speaking to Logan:
- Logan Thackeray: Pete and that gang of his could be major trouble. I'm counting on you to bring me their plans.
I'm not going to let thugs like Pete bully people I care about. I'll get that information for you.
- Good, but be careful. I want you back in one piece.
- I won't let you down.