— In-game description [?]
- The information displayed on this wiki page and the game link code are for the level 1 version of this skill. There are more pulses of burning and damage (every 3 seconds) and increased durations at higher adrenaline levels.
- Level 1: 2 pulses, 3 seconds
- Level 2: 3 pulses, 6 seconds
- Level 3: 4 pulses, 9 seconds
- See also: Burst#Related traits
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| September 28, 2017
- Fixed a bug that caused this skill to have an incorrect radius and decal when used with the spellbreaker specialization.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectile created by this skill to be destroyed without creating the damaging area when fired at enemy gates in WvW.
| February 22, 2017
- This skill now has a radius of 360 at all adrenaline levels.
| October 23, 2015
|| Heart of Thorns release:
- Fixed a bug that caused this skill to have a smaller radius than intended.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Increased the burning duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Using a burst skill for your equipped weapon will now set the recharge of all adrenaline tiers of that burst skill.
- The recharge of all burst skills has been reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
| January 13, 2015
- Fixed a bug that caused the Damage skill fact to display a lower amount than the actual damage when Burst Mastery was equipped.
| September 09, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused the field to be created at the maximum range of the ability rather than at the point which the missile landed.
| July 29, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused the damage skill fact to display a lower amount than the actual damage when traited with Burst Mastery.
| December 10, 2013
- Increased the pulse duration to 3 seconds.
- Increased the burn duration per pulse to 3 seconds.
- Normalized the damage per pulse.
- Updated the pulses per adrenaline tier to 2, 3, and 4 respectively for adrenaline levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused the field to be created at incorrect locations when the warrior moved out of range of their initial target.
- Fixed the skill facts to indicate the damage increase when Burst Mastery is traited.
| October 15, 2013
- Updated the effects and skill facts to reflect the radius of the actual attack (240).
- Rank 1 of this ability now attacks at a 180 radius, down from 240.
| May 28, 2013
- Now displays damage facts appropriately throughout all adrenaline levels.
| December 14, 2012
- Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Longbow skills by 30%.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Combustive Shot has been added to the game.
- Contrary to how other burst skills scale with adrenaline, Combustive Shot is the only burst skill that increases its damage upon reaching 10 strikes of adrenaline (1 bar). Usually level 1 is 0-19 strikes, level 2 is 20-29 and level 3 is a full 30, but Combustive Shot has 4 different levels. The damage difference between 0-9 and 10-19 strikes is smaller than the others and the burn duration is unaffected by this completely and follows the usual 3 level buildup though.