A Whirl finisher is a skill that can create a combo effect by interacting with a combo field. Whirl effects cause projectiles to be sent out in multiple directions, applying corresponding effects. Most effects inflict conditions on foes except cleansing and healing bolts, which remove conditions from allies it hits.
Combo effects by field
Weapon skills that cause whirl finishers
- Binding Blade — Greatsword
- Whirling Wrath — Greatsword
- Brilliance — Spear
- Chilling Isolation — Sword
- Rejuvenating Assault — Staff
- Cyclone Axe — Axe
- Whirling Axe — Axe
- Whirlwind Attack — Greatsword
- Staggering Blow — Hammer
- Tsunami Slash — Spear
- Electro-whirl — Hammer
- Whirling Defense — Axe
- Swirling Strike — Spear
- Death Blossom — Dagger
- Punishing Strikes — Staff
- Weakening Charge — Staff
- Lingering Thoughts — Axe
- Deadly Catch — Spear
- Reaper's Scythe — Spear
- Wicked Spiral — Spear
- Death Spiral — Greatsword
- Gravedigger — Greatsword
Bundle skills that cause whirl finishers
Transform skills that cause whirl finishers
Utility skills that cause whirl finishers
Elite skills that cause whirl finishers
Profession mechanic skills that cause whirl finishers
- Whirling Strike — Burst, Spear
- Wild Whirl — Primal Burst, Spear
- Whirling Axe — Stolen skill
- Overload Fire — Overload, when attuned to fire
Pet skills that cause whirl finishers
- Chilling Whirl — Juvenile Rainbow Jellyfish, Juvenile Blue Jellyfish, Juvenile Rainbow Jellyfish, Juvenile Blue Jellyfish
- Immobilizing Whirl — Juvenile Red Jellyfish, Juvenile Red Jellyfish
Common skills that cause whirl finishers
- Gravedigger — Seneschal's Keystaff
- Reverse Blossom
- Self-Repair — Golem (Short Fuse)
- Whirling Blades
- Whirling Defense — Cleaver (Desert Highlands)
- Whirling Sparks — Failed Experimental Greatsword
- Whirling Spin — Whirling Gyroscope
Trait skills that cause whirl finishers
- Impaling Lotus (Lotus Training) — Evade attacks and hurl damaging daggers, dealing multiple conditions to enemies.
- Whirl finishers trigger where the character stops moving or upon hitting a combo field.
- If you have a target selected, the projectiles have a chance to be sent out towards your target instead of a random direction.
- Without a target, the bolts will fire in directions based on your camera angle.
- Whirl finisher bolts have a range of 900 units.
- Cleansing and Healing Bolts apply their effect in a 150 unit radius on impact.