From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Engineering Kit. Equip a kit that replaces your weapon with grenade skills.
— In-game description [?]
|1||Grenade||½||Throw several grenades that explode.|
|2||Shrapnel Grenade||½||5||Throw grenades that explode in a hail of shrapnel, causing bleeding.|
|3||Flash Grenade||½||10||Throw grenades that explode in blinding flashes.|
|4||Freeze Grenade||½||20||Throw grenades that chill foes with frigid blasts.|
|5||Poison Grenade||½||25||Throw several grenades that explode in poisonous blasts.|
Traits that affect grenades
- Grenadier — Increase the throw velocity and blast radius of grenades. Using a healing skill casts Lesser Grenade Barrage.
Traits that affect all explosives
- Steel-Packed Powder — Explosions cause vulnerability.
- Explosive Powder — Improves damage from explosions. Turrets explode and knock back foes when destroyed.
- Shrapnel — Explosions have a chance to cripple and cause bleeding on hit.
Appearance before the June 23, 2015 game update.
- Every grenade skill actually throws three grenades, each dealing the damage and inflicting the conditions stated in the tooltip. Damaging grenade skills, assuming all grenades hit, thus have three chances for critical strikes and other direct damage considerations per cast.
- Line of sight is not required to use Grenade Kit skills.
- Grenades can be reflected, but will rarely explode or do any damage.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|August 08, 2017||Path of Fire pre-patch:
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|June 25, 2013||
|December 14, 2012||
|November 15, 2012||
|September 14, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release: