|| This trait is split between game modes — select one to view:
Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion.
This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Blindness (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.
(5s): 100 Damage, 99 Damage to Players on Skill Use, 191 Damage to Non-Players on Skill Use
(3s): 60 Damage, 99 Damage to Players on Skill Use, 191 Damage to Non-Players on Skill Use
- Interval: 3s
— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| February 06, 2018
- This trait has been split, and now confusion has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW only.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- This trait has been moved to the Grandmaster trait line in Dueling, to the slot previously taken by Mistrust, and its effects have changed.
- This trait now causes interrupts to inflict blind for 5 seconds, and applies blind to inflict 2 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.
| July 26, 2016
- This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis.
- The blind earned from dodging and evading will now properly apply confusion as well.
| August 25, 2015
| July 28, 2015
- This trait no longer penetrates through defenses such as block and evasion.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Ineptitude has been added to the game.