|| This trait is split between game modes — select one to view:
Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion.
This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Blindness (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.
(5s): 100 Damage, 99 Damage to Players on Skill Use, 191 Damage to Non-Players on Skill Use
(2s): 40 Damage, 99 Damage to Players on Skill Use, 191 Damage to Non-Players on Skill Use
- Interval: 3 seconds
— In-game description
- While this trait is equipped, all skills that apply blind will show "This skill is unique per game mode" to reflect the different duration of confusion through different game modes that this trait provides to them.
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| March 05, 2019
- The confusion duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
| February 06, 2018
- This trait has been split, and now confusion has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW only.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- This trait has been moved to the Grandmaster trait line in Dueling, to the slot previously taken by Mistrust, and its effects have changed.
- This trait now causes interrupts to inflict blind for 5 seconds, and applies blind to inflict 2 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.
| July 26, 2016
- This trait will now track the internal cooldown for confusion application on a per-target basis.
- The blind earned from dodging and evading will now properly apply confusion as well.
| August 25, 2015
| July 28, 2015
- This trait no longer penetrates through defenses such as block and evasion.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Ineptitude has been added to the game.