Deliver a damaging attack directly to your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. Inflict torment instead if you have the maximum number of illusions.
- Damage: 275 (0.75)?
- Torment (9s): 198 Damage, 286 Damage if Moving
- Range: 900
— In-game description [?]
- Malicious Sorcery - Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.
- The clone created does not use the full scepter attack chain. Instead, it will use only Ether Bolt every 2s.
- As of the 4/19/16 patch, this attack no longer uses a projectile
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| December 12, 2017
- Torment application lowered to 1 stack, duration increased to 9 seconds
| August 09, 2017
- Fixed an incorrect torment-damage skill fact.
| April 19, 2016
- Reduced the aftercast delay by 0.45 seconds.
- This skill no longer fires a missile but is a direct attack instead.
| January 26, 2016
- This skill no longer generates a clone if the player has the max number of illusions. It instead applies 2 stacks of torment for 5 seconds.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Adjusted the timing of this attack to flow better with the other attacks in the chain.
- The projectile is now launched sooner, but the attack has slightly longer aftercast.
- The number of clones generated per second by this chain is unchanged.
| June 27, 2013
- Fixed a bug causing this ability to generate two clones in a WvW or PvP map.
| October 22, 2012
- Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Ether Clone has been added to the game.