From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Shoot a bolt of energy at your target.
— In-game description [?]
- Unlike most chain skills, Ether Bolt and all other skills in the chain can be chained without hitting a target.
- Can hit targets at ~1100 range.
- When autocasting, the next skill in the chain will not start until the projectile actually hits. Accordingly, attack speed is faster the closer you are to the target. However, Malicious Sorcery and Quickness seem to ignore this behavior. The attack speed is still faster in melee, yet multiple bolts can be in mid air at the same time.
- The whole sequence takes 2.95 sec at max range and 2.55 sec at melee.
- With Malicious Sorcery it takes 2.45 sec at max range and 2.15 sec at melee.
- Under the effect of Quickness it takes 2.10 sec at max range and 1.80 sec at melee, regardless of Malicious Sorcery, since Quickness is the attack speed cap.
- Malicious Sorcery - Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|April 19, 2016||
|September 09, 2014||
|October 22, 2012||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: