From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Mesmer (skill list)
- Profession mechanic
- Game link
Shatter. Destroy all your clones, dazing their targets. The shatter effect also occurs at your location.
- Daze: 1 second
- Enemies Dazed: 1
- Radius: 240
- Defiance Break: 100
- Range: 1,200
— In-game description
- Signet of Illusions — Signet Passive: Creates a clone every few seconds. Signet Active: Recharges shatter skills.
- Illusion of Vulnerability — Inflict vulnerability when you interrupt a foe. This trait can only affect enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Rending Shatter — Shatter skills inflict vulnerability on hit.
- Dazzling — Dazing or stunning a foe also applies vulnerability.
- Shattered Concentration — Shatter skills also remove a boon on hit.
- Furious Interruption — Gain quickness when you interrupt a foe.
- Vicious Expression — You and your illusions deal increased strike damage to foes without boons. Disabling a foe removes boons from them. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Power Block — Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown. Cannot increase recharge of skills with no recharge or skills on creatures with defiance bars. This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Duelist's Discipline — Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a chance to cause bleeding. Interrupting a foe recharges pistol skills. This trait can only reduce recharge on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Ineptitude — Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion. This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Chaotic Interruption — When you interrupt a foe, recharge one of your equipped-weapon skills at random. Only affects weapon skills that are recharging.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — Gain stability when you use a Shatter skill. Gain an additional boon based on which Shatter is used.
- Restorative Illusions — Heal yourself and lose conditions when you use a Shatter skill.
- Maim the Disillusioned — Shatter skills inflict torment on hit.
- Master of Misdirection — Shatter skills gain recharge reduction.
- Master of Fragmentation — Your Shatter skills are improved.
- Riddle of Sand — When entering combat, your first Ambush attack applies confusion. This ability refreshes when you use a Shatter skill.
- Nomad's Endurance — Shatter skills give vigor, and vigor grants condition damage.
- This skill is locked until level 15.
- An enemy Dazed by Diversion cannot be dazed again until the daze effect wears off. For this reason, Diversion is strongest when using a mix of ranged and melee clones, or ranged clones with the mesmer in melee range. That way, one Diversion occurs right away, while other Diversion needs to wait for the clone to run to the target to get in range, which may cause a second application of daze if the previous daze had already ended.
- Against enemies with Defiance Bars however, all clones shattered will damage the defiance bar with their daze regardless of time elapsed in between their shattering. If only the mesmer hits with Diversion, they will deal 100 damage to the defiance bar with daze. But if they hit with 3 clones and themselves, they will deal 400 defiance bar damage with their daze.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 28, 2022||End of Dragons release:
|July 07, 2020||
|February 06, 2018||
|September 29, 2015||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|January 03, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.
- Time Sink — Chronomancer's Shatter skill in this slot
- Bladesong Dissonance — Virtuoso's Bladesong skill in this slot