Update 2 - February 28, 2022
- Fixed a server crash.
- Improved client stability.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 125,793
Update - February 28, 2022
For as long as memory serves, Tyria has been locked in the Dragon Cycle, with every iteration of awakening, consumption, and slumber seeming as fixed an occurrence as the movement between night and day. But now five Elder Dragons are dead—felled by the hand of the commander and their allies—and with each death, the powerful magics once stabilized by their existence have been released. Some of this has passed to Aurene, but the rest has vanished to parts unknown. Where has it gone, and what does it mean for Tyria for these fundamental forces to be increasingly destabilized? It seems our answers lie in a long-shuttered corner of the world: Cantha. No longer the war-torn nation of the history books, Cantha has exploded into a metropolis of innovation, fueled by powerful jade technologies. But such rapid expansion must surely come at a cost. What were the Canthans willing to pay? And what does it have to do with the secrets lying beneath the Unending Ocean? The commander and their allies must race against a ticking clock to untangle the mysteries of Cantha, lest the foretold conclusion of the Dragon Cycle bring about the end of Tyria as we know it.
New Mount: Siege Turtle
With Canthan isolation, the Luxon armada has become a thing of the past, but the remnants of the once great society have been able to maintain their traditions by continuing to raise siege turtles. Modern turtles are now outfitted with the latest in jade tech. From powerful jump jets to carry them across the Jade Sea to the great siege cannons to pummel their enemies to dust, siege turtles represent the merging of past traditions with Cantha's technological future. Earn your siege turtle by completing a series of collections beginning in the Jade Sea. The siege turtle comes with two seats. The owner will take on the role of the driver controlling movement, the turtle's basic slam attack, and any previously unlocked mount utility skills. The passenger will control the mount's turrets and can give the driver a boost with Overdrive. To join another player's mount as a passenger, you will need to join their party or squad.
- The siege turtle follows the same usage restrictions as standard mounts.
- Siege turtles can be dyed via the Dyes section of the Equipment tab in the Hero panel.
- The siege turtle is not available in WvW.
- Both sliding and movement speed while underwater have been adjusted based on beta feedback.
- Jump jets will no longer use energy when underwater, making it easier to get out of deep water.
Masteries now have a dedicated skills menu that can be accessed underneath the Swap Weapon Sets button on the left side of the skill bar once you've discovered your first Mastery skill in End of Dragons.
- Any skill in this menu can be right-clicked to make it your active Mastery skill, and pressing the [J] hotkey will use it by default.
- Any skill in this menu can also be left-clicked to simply use the skill without it having to be set as your active skill.
- Fishing, skiffs, and jade bots all have a skill that can be accessed from this menu once they're unlocked from their respective Masteries.
Introducing the jade bot! Jade bots are new robotic assistants that can be configured to help in many different ways, provided you find the needed parts. You'll unlock your jade bot and its Mastery line as you progress through the End of Dragons main story. Jade bots have three equipment slots that you can use to customize them.
- Power Core: You need a power core for the jade bot to perform most functions. Power cores also give the jade bot's owner a vitality boost!
- Modules: Your jade bot has two module slots categorized as sensory arrays and service chips. In these slots, you can install upgrades that allow your jade bot to perform various functions. Please note that service chips require a tier 6 or higher power core to operate!
Your first power core and sensory array will be given to you as you complete the story. Learn recipes and look for components dropped from specific enemies or events to continue to enhance your jade bot!
Once unlocked, fishing can be accessed from the new Mastery Skill menu, and you can fish wherever water of swimmable depth is found. Fishing nodes, which provide the best rewards, can be found in explorable zones throughout the game, both old and new. Your fishing gear can be changed via the new Fishing section of the Equipment tab in the Hero panel, where the following can be found:
- Fishing Rod: Determines the visual look of your fishing rod, which never breaks or needs to be changed out unless you want a new look!
- Bait: A new stackable item type that helps catch specific fish from around the world, grants bonus fishing power, and decrements only after successful catches.
- Lure: A new item type with numerous charges that grants bonus fishing power and decrements only after successful catches.
- Fishing Power: A new attribute that makes fishing easier by increasing the size of your marker in the minigame as well as increasing your chance of getting fish of a higher rarity.
Once unlocked, your skiff can be summoned from the new Mastery Skills menu.
- When summoned from land, skiffs are placed by targeting nearby water. You can rotate your skiff before placing it by holding down the left mouse button.
- When summoned while swimming at the water's surface, the summoning player will immediately be seated in the pilot position.
- Using the Toggle Anchor skill will anchor your skiff, allowing you and passengers to safely stand up and fish from it.
- In order to board another player's skiff as a passenger, you must be in the pilot's party or squad.
- Skiffs can be dyed via the Dyes section of the Equipment tab in the Hero panel.
An ally faction of Cantha, the Kestrels, have offered Arborstone to you to use as your home base in Cantha. Once belonging to the great Kurzick house zu Heltzer, the Kestrels claimed the ruin and used it as a place of refuge for those fleeing the Ministry of Purity's persecution. These days, the Kestrel rangers have little use for it themselves and so have allowed you to take over its upkeep and expansion. While the upgrades are player specific, the space is a multiplayer hub, allowing you to experience Arborstone with your friends. Every tier you unlock adds more to this expansion, bringing new features and stories to explore. You'll unlock Arborstone and its restoration Mastery line as you progress through the End of Dragons main story.
End of Dragons brings with it a series of four new Strike Missions as well as updates to the rewards system for the Strike Missions game mode. End of Dragons Strike Missions are based on epic encounters from the End of Dragons story and can be unlocked by completing their related story chapters once per account. These new Strike Missions can be accessed from both the open world and Arborstone. Challenge mode versions of all four Strike Missions will be released following the launch of End of Dragons.
- The Icebrood Saga Strike Missions now award Blue Prophet Shards and Blue Prophet Crystals.
- Red and Green Prophet Shards and Red and Green Prophet Crystals earned in The Icebrood Saga Strike Missions will be converted to Blue Prophet Shards and Blue Prophet Crystals. These strikes and the associated rewards vendor will now only use Blue Prophet Shards and Blue Prophet Crystals.
- All existing strike rewards from The Icebrood Saga Strike Missions from Crystallographer Smoxxi in the Eye of the North now cost Blue Prophet Shards or Blue Prophet Crystals to purchase.
- End of Dragons Strike Missions award Green Prophet Shards, which can be exchanged for strike rewards at the Shard Collector found in Arborstone.
- A new weekly purchase of 10 Mystic Coins has been added to the Shard Collector in Arborstone.
- A new weekly purchase of 5 Mystic Clovers has been added to the Shard Collector in Arborstone.
- Challenge mode bosses in the Nightmare, Shattered Observatory, and Sunqua Peak fractals no longer have a chance to reward Mystic Coins.
- The daily Mystic Clover purchase on fractal vendors has been replaced with a weekly exchange, allowing you to purchase up to 10 Mystic Clovers per week, at a cost of 150 Fractal Relics, 2 Mystic Coins, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, and 2 Spirit Shards each.
- Magnetite Shards may now be spent to purchase up to 10 Mystic Clovers per week, at a cost of 30 Magnetite Shards, 2 Mystic Coins, 2 Globs of Ectoplasm, and 2 Spirit Shards each.
- A new set of legendary weapons themed around Aurene, the Prismatic Dragon, are now available. Additional variations of the new legendary set, themed after each Elder Dragon, will be released following the launch of End of Dragons.
- New equipment attribute combinations:
- Ritualist's: Ritualist's equipment provides a large increase to condition damage and vitality, and a small increase to concentration and expertise. This attribute combination is now available on all legendary items and select sources in End of Dragons content.
- Dragon's: Dragon's equipment provides a large increase to power and ferocity, and a small increase to precision and vitality. This attribute combination is now available on all legendary items and select sources in End of Dragons content.
- Superior Rune of Tormenting: The 6-piece bonus of this rune no longer heals you for each stack of torment you apply. Instead, it grants regeneration for 3 seconds when you apply torment to an enemy, with a 5-second internal cooldown.
With End of Dragons comes the release of nine new elite specializations—one for each profession! Many of these new elite specializations offer ways to build for key boon support roles with professions that previously could not build for them. For example, the mechanist, specter, and willbender can all provide alacrity to a party. With the introduction of so many new support roles, we are standardizing most skill and trait effects to have a target cap of 5, so that new and old boon support options will all be viable and compete on a level playing field. A notable exception for now is that the warrior's banner skills and the ranger's spirit skills retain their current functionality. Changes to them have not occurred yet as we are taking the time to plan and execute on a more significant rework to both banners and spirits, coming in a future update, which will also give warriors and rangers access to boon support roles.
- The tempest's shout skills have had their maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
- Tempestuous Aria: Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
- Elemental Shielding: Increased protection duration from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds in PvP only.
- Latent Stamina: Increased endurance gain from 10 to 15 in PvP only.
- Elemental Bastion: Increased healing coefficient from 0.55 to 0.8 in PvP only.
- "Feel the Burn!": Increased ammunition count from 1 to 2 in PvP only.
- Glyph of Renewal: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 135 seconds in PvP only.
"My power shapes and bends the world."
- Catalysts have revitalized ancient techniques for channeling elemental forces—with a few modern improvements! They use jade tech spheres to create concentrated wells of immense power, and use augment skills within these wells for added effect. With the weight of Tyria's fundamental magics behind every blow from their hammers, these elementalists are a steady presence in melee combat.
- Impact Savant: The percentage of strike damage dealt that converts to barrier on yourself has been reduced to 5% in PvE only.
- Flame Jet: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.15 in PvP only.
- Flame Blast: Increased burning duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP only.
"All systems go. Mech cleared for launch!"
- The mechanist is a dynamic innovator, using their mechanical expertise and advanced Canthan technology to battle alongside a jade mech of their own creation. Customize your mech and use it to crush your enemies—together, you're unstoppable.
- "Stand Your Ground!": Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
- Procession of Blades: Damage reduced by 20%. Cooldown decreased from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Renewed Justice: Virtue skill 1 cooldown reduction lowered from 100% to 20% for firebrands only. Firebrands currently in Tome of Justice will gain one page instead.
- Mantra of Solace: Aegis removed. This skill now instead grants 3 seconds of protection and resolution to the firebrand and their allies.
- Ashes of the Just: The internal cooldown of this effect is now tracked per target per player, allowing stacks of Ashes of the Just to be expended faster when multiple targets are hit.
- Signet of Mercy: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 135 seconds in PvP only.
New Elite Specialization: Willbender
"I will silence the threat before it can fester."
- Willbenders are protectors of the Canthan throne and fated guardians to the Weh no Su. Their sword arm is as strong as their loyalty—unflinching and ruthless. They are known for a swift hand and unmatched swordplay, striking before their foe has time to react.
- Time Warp: Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
- Signet of Inspiration: This now only affects the user by default. The trait Blurred Inscriptions increases the target cap to 5.
- Chaos Vortex: Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
"I imagine blades, you bleed."
- The virtuoso forgoes traditional illusions in favor of psychic daggers, wielded by the sheer power of the mind. Unleash a volley of sharp blades, then outwit foes with a sharp mind.
- Death Shroud: Death Shroud now has a tooltip fact indicating that damage is reduced while in shroud. Damage reduction has been decreased from 50% to 33% in PvE only.
- Reaper's Shroud: Reaper's Shroud now has a tooltip fact indicating that damage is reduced while in shroud. Damage reduction has been decreased from 50% to 33% in PvE only.
- Epidemic: The maximum number of stacks of each condition that are applied to targets has been reduced from 25 to 5.
- Soul Eater: Life-stealing percentage reduced from 5% to 4% in PvE only.
- The base barrier granted by the skills Sand Cascade, Sand Flare, Desert Empowerment, Desert Shroud, and Sandstorm Shroud has been reduced. The contribution of healing power on these skills has been increased.
- Unholy Martyr: Reduced the number of conditions removed when exiting shroud from 3 to 2 in PvP only.
- Lesser Enfeeble: Reduced weakness duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only.
- Vampiric: Reduced base life-stealing damage from 41 to 29 in PvP only. Reduced base life-stealing healing from 39 to 26 in PvP only. Minion life stealing has been adjusted to match the necromancer life stealing in PvP only.
- Vampiric Presence: Reduced base life-stealing damage from 65 to 49 in PvP only. Reduced base life-stealing healing from 32 to 28 in PvP only. Reduced life-stealing bonus effectiveness while in shroud from 100% to 50% in PvP only.
- Lich Form: Reduced the amount of life force granted when exiting the transformation from 15% to 5% in PvP only.
- Deathly Claws (Lich Form): Reduced power coefficient from 2.34 to 1.64 in PvP only.
- Summon Flesh Wurm: Increased cooldown from 32 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.
"Volatile powers, all at my fingertips..."
- The harbinger is a gunslinger and an alchemist, empowering their pistol and utilizing elixirs imbued with dark energies. But strength comes at a cost, and the harbinger must balance on a knife's edge between power and corruption.
- Grace of the Land: Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
"Unleashed, unbound—the rage of the Echovald Forest lives in us."
- The untamed share a primal bond with nature through their pet, juggling control of raw power back and forth to defeat foes. Your pet uses debilitating nature-based skills to weaken enemies, then it relinquishes that power to you for the final strike.
- Forced Engagement: This skill now requires the revenant to face their initial target. The radius for attacking extra targets has been reduced from 360 to 180 and its range reduced from 1,200 to 600.
- Fixed a bug that caused legend swapping to activate certain sigils that activate when swapping weapons.
- Battle Scars: Damage and healing in PvE has been reduced to be two times the power of this effect in PvP. The PvP effect of Battle Scars is unchanged.
- The number of maximum targets of all facet skills has been reduced from 10 to 5.
- Facet of Darkness—Gaze of Darkness: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to affect units within 900 radius instead of the intended 600.
- Shared Empowerment: Maximum targets reduced from 10 to 5.
- Spiritcrush: This skill can now be fired at ground locations behind the player.
- Lasting Legacy: This trait no longer increases the target cap of Orders from Above.
New Elite Specialization: Vindicator
"Once, we fought each other... Now we unite against a common enemy."
- The Kurzicks and Luxons were bitter enemies, but their greatest champions—Saint Viktor and Archemorus—united to help slay Shiro the Betrayer at the cost of their own lives. Vindicators call upon the strength of their legendary alliance, channeling both heroes' skills to devastate their enemies and protect their allies. They use greatswords to deliver massive attacks, and crush foes by leaping straight into battle instead of dodging.
- Invigorating Precision: The percentage of life-stealing from critical strikes has been reduced. Previously thieves gained 10% of the critical-hit damage plus an additional 10% with fury. Now they gain 4% of the critical-hit damage plus an additional 2% with fury.
- Smoke Screen: Reduced field duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only.
- Hide in Shadows: Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.
- Blinding Powder: Increased cooldown from 40 seconds to 50 seconds in PvP only.
- Shadow's Rejuvenation: Reduced base healing from 219 to 158 in PvP only.
"Join me—the darkness is our ally."
- The specter harnesses the power of shadow magic to debilitate enemies and strengthen allies. Enter Shadow Shroud to link with friends and fuel the destruction of your foes.
- Sun and Moon Style: Life-stealing percentage from critical strikes reduced from 7% to 4% in PvE only.
New Elite Specialization: Bladesworn
"Concentrate and execute."
- Advances in Canthan technology have yielded a fusion of firearm and longsword: the gunsaber. Only a dedicated, highly trained warrior can handle such a volatile weapon. Gunsaber attacks enhance the bladesworn's flow, allowing them to use their meditative Dragon Trigger. In this state of calm and concentration, they can load their gunsaber with magically imbued cartridges that power up their attacks. With their gunsaber sheathed, they wield off-hand pistols to maintain their flow.
- The Level-80 Boost will now award Acolyte armor skins for mesmer, elementalist, and necromancer characters.
- Nearly completed achievements now update immediately when filters are applied.
- Bounty Effect System: The Survivor effect status was particularly frustrating to fight and has been updated to block fewer attacks at higher scales. Additionally, its internal cooldown has been increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, the duration has been reduced from 150% uptime to 50% uptime, and the initial block count has been increased from 1 to 3.
- Increased participation requirements for receiving the final reward chest from the Dragonstorm meta-event.
- The magic find attribute is now capped at 750%.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Build: 125,589
- Two more Build and Equipment Template slots were added.
- Maximum shared inventory slots have been increased to 28.
- Maximum Material storage expansion has been increased to 2,500.
- WvW siege can no longer be placed in the shallow water south of Klovan Gully. (This is a bug that is also affecting ground target movement skills that aren't instant teleports)
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Bloodflame Chest.
- The contents of Black Lion Statuettes have been updated.
- Several End of Dragons Elite specializations received changes between the last beta weekend and their official release that were not documented in this update:
- Deploy Jade Sphere: Quickness duration reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 seconds.
- Flame Wheel: Burning duration reduced from 1.75 seconds to 0.75 seconds in PvE. Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1 in PvE.
- Icy Coil: Vulnerability duration reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE. Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1 in PvE.
- Crescent Wind: Weakness duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvE. Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1 in PvE.
- Rocky Loop: Bleeding duration reduced from 6 seconds to 2.5 seconds in PvE. Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1 in PvE.
- Sphere Specialist: Increased boon duration reduced from 50% to 20%.
- Vicious Shot: Increased torment duration from 3 to 3.5s
- Vile Blast: Increased poison stacks from 3 to 5 in PvE.
- Alchemic Vigor: Blight now grants heal per second.
- Cascading Corruption: Increased granted power from 180 to 240 in PvE.
- Deathly Haste: Increased quickness duration from 2 to 3 seconds, now also grants fury for 3 seconds fury.
- Doom Approaches: Increased granted condition damage from 180 to 240 in PvE.
- Wicked Corruption: Now deals increased critical damage to targets with torment.
- Shadow Bolt: Increased torment duration from 3 to 4 seconds in PvE.
- Double Bolt: Increased torment duration from 3 to 4 seconds in PvE.
- Triple Bolt: Increased torment duration from 3 to 4 seconds in PvE.
- Endless Night: Reduced quickness duration from 1.5 to 0.5 seconds in PvE.
- Grasping Shadows: Increased torment duration from 8 to 10 seconds in PvE.
- Eternal Night: Increased poison duration from 5 to 6 seconds.
- Dark Sentry: Reduced torment duration from 4 to 2 seconds.
- Strength of Shadows: Now increases Rot Wallow Venom Torment duration by 2 seconds rather than 50%.
- Mace Strike: Damage coefficient increased from 0.8 to 1.0. Now inflicts 1 stack of Confusion for 4s in addition to its previous effects.
- Mace Smash:Damage coefficient increased from 0.8 to 1.2. Confusion is now applied as 2 stacks for 4s.
- Barrier Blast: Barrier Blast is now an Explosion in addition to its previous effects. Confusion duration has been reduced from 5s to 4s, and the number of stacks has been increased from 2 to 3.
- Energizing Slam: Damage coefficient increased from 1.4 to 1.8.
- Rolling Smash: Reduced power coefficient from 2.25 to 1.6 in PvE but the Mech's base power has been increased.
- Explosive Knuckle: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.8 in PvE but the Mech's base power has been increased.
- Discharge Array: Reduced power coefficient from 0.45 to 0.3 in PvE but the Mech's base power has been increased.
- Core Reactor Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 3 to 2.5 in PvE but the Mech's base power has been increased, so the damage of the skill remains unchanged. The casting time has been increased from 1.25s to 1.5s.
- Jade Mortar: Increased power coefficient from 2 to 2.2 in PvE and the Mech's base power has been increased.
- Jade Buster Cannon: Increased burning duration from 5 to 6 seconds.
- Sky Circus: Now applies 1 stack of burning for 5 seconds in addition to its previous effects.
- Mech Frame: Channeling Conduits: Increased alacrity duration from 0.75 to 1 second.
- Mechanical Genius: The percentage of stats inherited by the Mech has been increased from 25% to 50%.
- Jagged Mind: Jagged Mind now heals you for 3% of your condition damage, in addition to its previous effect.
- Bladesong Sorrow: Bladesong Sorrow now inflicts 3 seconds of bleeding, in addition to its previous effect.
- Unstable Bladestorm: Increased power coefficient from 1 to 1.8. Interval between hits reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.