— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| December 11, 2018
- The damage of this trait has been increased by 25% in PvE, and it will no longer be able to critically hit foes in all game modes.
| October 16, 2018
- The area-of-effect damage inflicted by this trait has been split and will now use a 50% reduced value in PvP and WvW.
| November 07, 2017
- The attack caused by this trait now converts 2 additional boons on targets below 50% health.
| August 08, 2017
|| Path of Fire pre-patch:
- Fixed a bug that caused this trait to be nonfunctional while underwater.
- Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from granting retaliation.
- Fixed a bug that caused this trait to fail to display the number of boons converted.
- Increased the number of boons converted from 1 to 2.
| May 16, 2017
- Updated this trait to clarify that it is no longer casting Unholy Feast.
| July 26, 2016
- The version of Unholy Feast that this trait executes will now include the player's weapon damage.
| January 26, 2016
- This trait's recharge has been removed.
- The attack from this trait is now referred to as "Spiteful Spirit" in the combat log instead of "Unholy Feast," and its particle effects have been updated.
| October 23, 2015
|| Heart of Thorns release:
- Reduced the recharge on this trait to match the recharge reduction on Unholy Feast.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
- This trait has been moved to the Grandmaster tier.
- This trait has been reworked:
- Entering shroud casts the axe skill Unholy Feast.
- This trait benefits from the recharge bonus of Unholy Fervor.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Spiteful Spirit has been added to the game.