Game updates/October 2012
|October 2012 updates|
|← Prev • Next →|
Update - October 30, 2012
- Fixed an issue that prevented haunted doors from properly appearing in Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, and Queensdale. The haunted doors on these maps will now remain open for the remainder of the Halloween event to allow players entry into the Mad King’s realm.
Update - October 27, 2012
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- Ledge in the Lunatic Inquisition minigame is no longer accessible
Update 3 - October 26, 2012
Update 2 - October 26, 2012
Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
- -testVerticalFov command line could have been added in this update, judging by the proximity to the announcement after 
Update - October 26, 2012
- Kill Streak Boosts now work in the Mystic Forge when creating Mad King Chests.
- Fixed several exploits and bugs.
Update - 24 October 2012
- Added Mad King Chests to the Mystic Forge. These chests always have Halloween items such as candy corn, Halloween crafting materials, and Halloween tonics. There's a rare chance they may also have Halloween skins for weapons and shoulders.
- Added a Mystic Forge recipe to create Mad King Chests: 1 Piece of Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (of any kind), and another Boost (of any kind).
- Tactician Footi will now properly build her cannon after being resurrected in Cursed Shore.
- Removed all hidden trick-or-treat bag nodes from Lion's Arch.
- Halloween-themed PVP items now salvage into the correct materials.
- Stealth skills now always apply the 'Revealed' buff when they hit their target (this update was not originally documented )
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- The Special Events icon has been updated to party balloons with a purple background.
Update - October 23, 2012
- Fixed a bug that caused frequent PvP crashes. This was the final known bug preventing the activation of paid tournaments. (We will again take a night to make sure these are stable to ensure that the player experience when spending gems on tournaments is as good as it can be. Barring unforeseen issues, we will enable paid tournaments tomorrow morning when we are in the office to support their launch.)
- Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed counts for Halloween achievements.
- Added an instance entry that will let all players who reach Fort Trinity to go into Trahearne's office.
- Several parts of the scavenger hunt will no longer break if too many players are interacting with them.
- Fixed an issue causing players with linked mobile authenticators to be regularly disconnected from the game.
- Fixed an issue in two of the Arah chains where a door would remain closed.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- Changed text prompting players to volunteer for autobalance.
Update #2 - 22 October 2012
- Devil Horns can no longer be put into the Mystic Forge and are now available again for free via the Gem Store
- Fixed a crash when resurrecting a Mesmer clone created with the Deception skill
- Fixed an issue when Halloween creatures could infinitely spawn from Haunted Doors
- Fixed an issue when the ghost wasn't visible during the first stage of Scavenger Hunt in Lion's Arch
- Fixed a WvW crash
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- This update's size is around 42 MB
Update - 22 October 2012
Happy Halloween! Let the trick-or-treating begin. The "Mad Kings" have dusted off their costumes and are taking to the stage, telling their jokes to make the children laugh. It's a lighthearted holiday, and only children truly believe that the spirit of Mad King Thorn once appeared in Tyria. No one has actually reported seeing him in over two centuries. These days, he's nothing more than a tale told to make children squeal and behave.
But, paranormal activity in Tyria is on the rise, and Durmand Priory scholars have taken notice. They're not sure what's going on, but they aim to find out! Something's not right.
From October 22 through November 1, Tyria is under the shadow of the Mad King. The weeklong event will unfold in four acts, each introducing new content to explore and experience, including decorations for Tyria and the Mists, minigames, Halloween-specific dynamic events, holiday crafting recipes, and mind-blowing jumping puzzles.
Join us on October 28 (midday, Pacific Time), when we'll celebrate the holiday pinnacle with a bang!
This is the premiere holiday release for Guild Wars 2, and we're blasting out of the gate! Visit Lion's Arch to begin digging into the Halloween content.
Black Lion Chest Changes
- Halloween items have been added to Black Lion Chests for a limited time only!
- There is now a chance to get new Halloween-themed weapon skins by opening Black Lion Chests. All weapon skins are tradable.
- There is now a chance to get new Halloween-themed shoulder armor skins by opening Black Lion Chests. All shoulder armor skins are tradable.
- All Black Lion Chests have a chance to give these items, but only until the end of the Halloween events.
- Get Black Lion Keys from the Consumable section of the Gem Store to open your Black Lion Chests.
New Items in the Gem Store
- Halloween costumes are now available in the Gem Store. These costumes are on sale until November 6th.
- The Witch's Outfit can now be purchased in the Style section of the Gem Store for 700 gems. This set of town clothes comes with 4 Costume Brawl skills and 1 companion skill.
- The Mad King's Outfit can now be purchased in the Style section of the Gem Store for 700 gems. This set of town clothes comes with 4 Costume Brawl skills and 1 companion skill.
- Spooky Tonics are now available in the Gem Store: Ghost, skeleton, and zombie tonics are all on sale until November 6th.
- Each tonic turns you into a spooky creature for 1 hour.
- While active, tonics give you access to Costume Brawl skills.
- Tonics can be found in the Consumable section of the Gem Store for 35 gems apiece or 125 gems for a pack of 5.
- A set of 3 spooky minis is now available in the Gem Store. This item is on sale until November 6th.
- The Devil Horns town clothes hat is now available for free in the Gem Store. This item is available until November 6th.
- The Phantom's Hood town clothes hat is now available for 200 gems in the Gem Store. This item is on sale until November 6th.
- Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags are now available in the Gem Store. These items are on sale until November 14th.
- Each bag contains food items, recipes, tonics, crafting materials, or pieces of candy corn.
- Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags can be found in the Consumable section of the Gem Store for 100 gems apiece, 375 gems for a pack of 5, or 2,000 gems for a pack of 35.
- Halloween PvP Finishers are now available in the Gem Store. These items are on sale until November 6th.
- New town clothes hats are now available in the Gem Store!
Costume Brawl is a spontaneous battle for points that can occur anywhere in the world by using town clothes, toys, and transformation tonics. Equip town clothes, toys, or consume transformation tonics to gain access to Costume Brawl skills. Costume Brawl skills are labeled as such in their descriptions. Using Costume Brawl skills puts you into Costume Brawl mode and makes you a valid target for other brawlers. See Costume Brawl for more information.
- Added karma rewards to daily and monthly achievements.
- Added 19 new exploration achievements to the "Explorer" achievement list, including "Dive Master," which tracks unique diving goggle uses.
- Added a new "Jumping Puzzles" achievement category.
- Moved all existing jumping puzzle achievements from the "Explorer" category to the "Jumping Puzzles" category.
- Added 4 additional jumping puzzle achievements.
- Added a new "Bosses" achievement category.
- The "Crash Landing" achievement has been moved from the "Explorer" category to the "Bosses" category.
- Added 7 new boss achievements.
The Mighty Zommoros has been caught failing to notice the generosity of those who grant him gifts. The Mighty Zommoros will now appropriately reward baubles to those who bring him offerings.
- The Mystic Forge ingot-conversion recipes for bronze, copper, gold, and darksteel have been fixed to reward correct materials.
- The Mystic Forge recipe for the Abyssal Scepter has been fixed to correctly award the Abyssal Scepter.
- The Mystic Forge recipe for the Lidless Eye now requires 10 Giant Eyes.
- The Mystic Forge recipe for Titans' Vengance has been fixed to correctly award Titans' Vengance.
- The Mystic Forge recipe for the Wall of the Mists now requires 250 orichalcum shield bosses instead of powerful blood and 30 giant eyes instead of 1.
- Zommoros has been reminded to give out baubles for less desirable (low-level) rare weapons.
- Fixed a bug in the Mystic Forge conversion recipies for rare Glacial Ingredients that cause them to reward Charged Ingredients instead.
There is a skritt burglar on the loose in Tyria! Adventurers that encounter this thieving rodent are encouraged to confiscate whatever loot they can shake out of her.
- Added over 30 events across the game.
- Fixed a stuck event chain in Straits of Devastation.
- Fixed a blocking bug in Defend the Leaders of Caer Evermore from the Risen in Timberline Falls.
- Fixed a potential blocking bug caused by Destroy the Risen broodmother to free Rakkan in Cursed Shore.
- Fixed a potential blocking bug in Rescue Scholar Alil Rodez in Lornar's Pass.
- Fixed a bug preventing Siege Master Marith from collecting catapult parts in Kessex Hills.
- Fixed a bug preventing Tactician Footi from setting up her cannon in Cursed Shore.
- Fixed a bug preventing skritt from being driven out of the mine in Nentor Valley.
- Lengthened the time between events Gates of Arah and made repeated attempts at holding Arah more difficult.
- Lengthened the time between events in Temple of Grenth.
- Lengthened the time between events in Temple of Melandru and made repeated attempts at holding the Temple of Melandru more difficult.
World versus World
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to occasionally teleport through walls.
- Reduced the range at which players could interact with completed arrow carts.
- The blue team's start point on the green Borderlands has been changed to no longer remove allies from the area.
- The Charr Land Mine is no longer usable in WvW areas.
Player versus Player
- Fixed bugs that allowed teleporting before a match starts.
- Fixed bugs for getting into team bases in Legacy of the Foefire and Battle of Kyhlo.
- Svanir has been updated to have slightly more health in Forest of Niflhel.
- Paid tournaments will be available soon. To ensure the best experience possible, free tournaments will be used to make sure everything is working smoothly before bringing paid tournaments online. Thank you all for your patience.
- The Durmand Priory is currently investigating an ancient dwarven door recently unearthed in Dredgehaunt Cliffs. Meanwhile, strange reports of a caravan of shark tanks crossing the fields of Fireheart Rise are presumed to be a hoax.
- Jumping puzzles and open-world Mini-dungeons have updated reward tables.
- Added 3 new jumping puzzles.
- Added more diving goggles throughout Tyria.
- Citadel of Flame medium armor coats now includes the warning text "This coat hides shoulder armor."
- Butter and chocolate no longer drop from loot bags of level 50 and above.
- Butter and chocolate no longer drop from Supply Bags dropped by centaurs, Stolen Supplies dropped by ettins, Ritual Bags dropped by Flame Legion, or Materials Bags dropped by Inquest.
- Increased the chance to get vanilla beans from herb nodes in the Tarnished Coast and Steamspur Mountains.
- Increased the respawn timers for omnomberry, black crocus, ghost pepper, lotus, and Orrian truffles to 5 hours.
- Reduced amount of cinnamon dropped from nodes from 3,5 to 1,2. Cinnamon now only comes from green wood nodes.
- Reduced amount of walnuts dropped from nodes from 3,5 to 1,2. Walnuts now only come from soft wood nodes.
- Removed parsley and thyme from herb nodes in the Tarnished Coast and Steamspur Mountains.
- Rune of the Noble (Superior): Updated drakehounds summoned by these runes to die after 60 seconds.
- Rune of the Pack (Major and Superior): This upgrade's on-hit effect now works properly.
- The story step "Estate of Decay" has been updated to make door interaction more consistent.
- The story step "Mightier than the Sword" has been fixed so that using the mesmer elite skill Moa Morph on Steag will not prevent progress.
- The story step "The Battle of Fort Trinity" has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress in co-op mode. A problem that could prevent progress while defending the gate has been also been fixed.
- The story step "The Blossom of Youth" has been fixed to avoid a problem where bypassing a section could prevent progress.
- The story step "The Hatchery" has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress.
- The story step "Trading Trickery" has been fixed to avoid a problem that could prevent progress.
- Dungeons now award karma on completion. The first-time karma reward for completing the story of a dungeon is larger than subsequent story runs. The first time per day a player completes an explorable path for a dungeon, the karma reward equals (Player Level) * 23.5. For the rest of the day, subsequent runs of the same path will reward karma equal to (Player Level) * 9.5.
- Fixed an area where players could get outside the map in the Flooded Temple.
- Gunpowder Morgan's maximum range and damage have been updated.
- Inquest Grenadiers have been reassigned to a new task; some new enemies await on the long road.
- Kreutzerova will no longer prioritize a player at the dungeon entrance when first encountered.
- Nokk's Gravity Distortion now properly displays the time you are distorted.
- Shukov's golems now properly display during his event.
- Shukov's mark II golem has had its electric field updated to be a bit more dangerous now.
- The lava in some areas is now behaving as lava should.
- The maximum range of Nightmare Vines has been increased.
- Reduced fear's maximum stacks to 5 to prevent excessively long periods of time where players don't have control of their character.
- Updated the stability boon to stack duration up to 3 times.
- Air Pocket: This skill no longer allows players to shadowstep out of water.
- Cone of Cold: The healing gained from the this skill's heal attribute has been increased from 480 to 780 at max level.
- Earthquake: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
- Fire Grab: This skill has had its attack angle increased.
- Glyph of Renewal: This skill no longer resurrects dead allies; it only revives downed ones.
- Convergence: This skill has had its attack angle increased.
- Magnetic Grasp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
- Ring of Earth: This skill now applies cripple.
- Signets: All signets have been updated to function properly with the Earth Magic traits Written in Stone and Signet Mastery.
- Discharge Lightning: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.
- Grasping Earth: This skill has been moved to skill 3 and given a 10 second recharge. Damage has been increased by 50%, and it bleeds enemies on every pulse. This skill can now be interrupted by other skills.
- Vapor Form: This skill has been moved to skill 2, is instantly available upon being downed, and has a 20-second recharge.
- Leap of Faith: This skill's functionality has been improved to make it more reliable.
- Line of Warding: This skill is no longer able to move friendly NPCs around.
- Protector's Strike: This skill has had an exploit removed that caused it to block longer than intended.
- Renewed Focus: This skill may now be used on the move.
- "Save Yourselves!": This skill has now been split between PvP and PvE. In PvE, players will notice no difference. In PvP, this skill's boon duration has been changed to 5 seconds.
- Shield of Absorption: This skill no longer blocks some friendly NPC missiles.
- Symbol of Wrath: This skill's attack has been improved by 10%.
- Virtue of Courage: This skill has been updated to not apply aegis each time the user bobs in and out of water.
- Assassin's Signet: This skill has been updated to grant 15% damage for 5 attacks rather than 50% damage for one attack.
- Basilisk Venom: This skill's buff now applies for the appropriate duration of 30 seconds.
- Disabling Shot: This skill can now be fired continuously at targets behind the player without the ability jumping them back toward the target. This skill now also has a cost when firing at targets behind the player.
- Flanking Strike: This skill's first attack is now unblockable.
- Ink Shot: This skill no longer allows players to shadowstep out of water.
- Nine-Tailed Strike: This skill has been fixed to properly provide the intended amount of initiative.
- Shadow Refuge: This skill's stealth removal tripwire has been updated to properly match the skill's effects.
- Whirling Axe: This skill has had evasion removed from the ability and has a missile-reflection effect applied to the whirl effect.
- Arcane Thievery: This skill now appropriately removes the aegis boon rather than being blocked by it.
- Confusing Images: This skill has been updated to fire at its correct distance.
- Cry of Frustration: This skill's tooltip now accurately shows that confusion it applies lasts for 3 seconds.
- Mirror of Anguish: This trait no longer functions on necromancers when they have Reaper's Protection active.
- Phantasmal Warlock: This illusion's recharge between attacks is now slightly longer.
- Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn't be getting into.
- Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.
- Elixir B: This skill's toolbelt skill now accurately reflects only one boon being applied to allied targets.
- Mine Field: This skill's recharge has been reduced to 20 seconds.
- Throw Mine: This skill is now unblockable when it detonates.
- Battle Standard: This skill no longer goes on full recharge if it's interrupted while being activated.
- Brutal Shot: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.
- Forceful Shot: This skill's damage has been increased by about 70%, and its activation time has been increased.
- Stomp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
- Tremor: This skill can now be activated while moving.
- Corrupt Boon: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.
- Fetid Ground: This downed skill now has a Dark combo field. Its visual effects have been updated to show its actual radius.
- Life Leech: This downed skill's damage has been increased by 25%.
- Spectral Walk: Removing this skill from a skill slot while it's active will now remove all benefits gained from activating the ability.
- Spinal Shivers: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.
Mac Beta Client
- Fixed a bug that prevented players using Apple keyboard varieties other than US English from binding the key to the left of the "1" key in the Control Options panel.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- The PvP tab previously located under the Hero window has been moved to the top of the screen. It now displays qualifier points and a statistics table, as well as a section for invites.
- This update's size is around 655 MB
- If you completed Victory or Death, upon logging in to that character you will get a mail from Trahearne containing a Pact Victory Token, which you can trade for weapons in Fort Trinity from Pact Requisitioner Hargrove.
- The icon for stability has changed. Retaliation now uses the former stability icon.
- Slider added to crafting window when making multiples
- Entering Death Shroud removes other spectral effects now.
- Entering Lich Form or Plague destroys all minions and removes all spectral effects now.
Update - October 18, 2012
We've updated the game for routine maintenance only. No content changes were included.
Update - October 15, 2012
We've updated the game for routine maintenance only. No content changes were included.
Update - 11 October 2012
- Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to get stuck in loading screens primarily during PvP matches
- Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to not see other characters models
- Restored Asuran head sizes to the size selected during character creation
- Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- Fixed chat link codes that crashed the client upon viewing and could be used maliciously as a result.
- The Black Lion Trading Company trading post cache now properly refreshes.
Update - 7 October 2012
- Fixed a bug in targeting that was causing left-dragging to deselect/select targets incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug in targeting that was allowing users to deselect all targets using the select next target functionality.
- Fixed a bug with human female sword and pistol animations.
- Fixed a bug that was causing quickness to get stuck on players and enemies indefinitely.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipe for Melandru's Gaze that was rewarding the Mystic Staff instead.
- Fixed a potential bug with skill challenge conversations not closing for all parties speaking with the NPC.
- Fixed a bug in weaponsmith Destroyer recipes being swapped for Valkyrie and Berserker weapons.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipes for platinum and mithril ingot conversion taking cloth bolts instead of the appropriate ingots. This also fixes the issue with linen and silk bolt conversion recipes sometimes rewarding ingots.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipe for Immobulus requiring a defunct item. It now requires giant eyes instead.
- Fixed a bug with Rune of Divinity that was causing it to do 50% more critical damage than listed.
- Removed laughing audio from crafting stations in Divinity's Reach.
- Raised the maximum karma limit.
- Superior Rune of the Adventurer is now set to give 50% of endurance on heal.
- The character select screen now reflects hidden armor choices.
- Updated Rune of Earth Rune of the Grove to have a 25% chance to grant 4 seconds of protection and 30-second recharge for superior runes, with 45-second recharge for major runes.
- We've relaxed our anti-exploiting system for loot and events.
- We've updated the camera to reduce the amount of camera smoothing currently in the game in order to lower the frequency of related bugs. We're still looking into other camera issues, but we decided to make this quick change because it greatly improves the gameplay experience.
- Fixed a bug that could block "Escort Order of Whispers agents to Jormabakke Stead" in Snowden Drifts from restarting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause duplicate versions of Agent Briathell to spawn in Snowden Drifts.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the repair event for "Cascade Bridge" in Lornar's Pass from triggering.
- Closed map exploits.
- Updated the reward vendor for Caudecus's Manor to include the missing exotic light helmet.
- Closed map exploits.
- Upper Spider Path: Increased the attack range of the Nightmare Tree. The area attack and its effect now take place at the same location.
- Nightmare Tree Spider Path: The area attack now correctly does damage at the point of the effect.
- Forward Upper Husk Path: Added damage to the Nightmare Tree's immobilize skill. Also added damage to the Nightmare Tree egg launch skill.
- Reduced the health of the final boss in "The Source of Orr."
- Forging the Pact: Implemented changes to ensure that the cave section completes reliably.
- Pets and Walls Make Stronger Kraals: Fix for possible stall during the taming step.
- Battle of Fort Trinity:
- You cannot pick up the water orb until you defeat all of the saboteurs.
- It's no longer possible to trap players by closing the fortress doors on them.
- Fixed a stall during "Retake the docks" objective.
- Fixed a stall if players did not choose a greatest fear earlier in Chapter 7.
- Lines of Communication: Batanga will now help you fight the Arcane Eye.
- Fixing Blame: Warmaster Gurnn should now kick off his cutscene correctly.
- Fixed a rare bug in "Shards of Orr" where Herboza would not become visible.
- The northernmost keep in all homelands has had its collision adjusted on the inner western gate.
- Numerous items have been disabled for use in World versus World to prevent exploits and imbalances. This includes the Experimental Teleportation Gun, ettin gunk, drake eggs, seed turrets, and more.
- Fixed WvW Orb of Power duplication on player disconnect.
- Glyph of Renewal: This skill will now revive downed allies only, not dead ones.
- Signets of Earth, Fire, and Water: These signest
- Signet of Fire: This skill is now able to hit targets at its indicated range.
- Signet of Air: This skill now displays a hovering signet effect over the user when activated.
- Whirlpool: This skill's damage has been decreased by 33%.
- Grenade Kit: Grenade skills now have the same cast time underwater as they do on land.
- Explosives Trait Grenadier: This trait now gives a bonus to underwater grenade skills.
- Big Ol' Bomb: This skill has been updated to be a blast finisher.
- We are moving towards retaliation being more of a counter to taking many hits rather than a general boon to keep up all the time. We also wanted to improve the combo finisher of the guardian, so we reorganized guardian greatsword skills to the following:
- Updated Bane Signet and Signet of Wrath so they can't be fired at targets behind the player.
- Updated Signet of Judgment to apply three seconds of retaliation upon activation with or without traits.
- Decreased the activation time of Signet of Judgment.
- Signet of Domination can no longer be cast on targets behind the mesmer.
- Added a much faster breakout for mesmer underwater mantras.
- Phantasmal Warlock: Increased recharge to 20 seconds.
- Chaos Armor: Decreased recharge to 35 seconds.
- Chaos Storm: Increased recharge to 35 seconds.
- Phantasmal Duelist: Increased recharge to 20 seconds.
- Phantasmal Swordsman: Increased recharge to 18 seconds.
- Crossfire: Increased casting time by 40 milliseconds. This was done to fix some glitches in the animation that caused problems with this skill.
- Removed the broken audio that played with Natural Healing whenever pets were in combat.
- Pistol Whip: Reduced damage by 15%
- Basilisk Venom: Increased stun duration to 1.5 seconds. Stun breakers now work on this skill.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- For the character select screen to reflect hidden armor choices each character has to be logged in at least once.
- Skill activation time is now shown in tooltips.
- Mesmer clones no longer leave floating weapons when they shatter.
- Guilds with leader with no access to guild functions have been fixed.
- Plague Signet is now blockable and transfers 1 condition from each ally to user
Update - 1 October 2012
- Fixed bugs for various stuck events and skill challenges.
- Fixed bugs for various map areas that allowed players to get outside of the playable space.
- Fixed a bug in dungeon speed-clearing code. Players should no longer experience reward reductions without triggering the speed-clearing debuff.
- Fixed a bug that was automatically killing players as they entered Sharkmaw Caverns in Lion's Arch.
- Fixed an exploit in renown regions that allowed players to quickly complete them by interacting with objects while their inventory was full.
- Fixed a bug that caused Charr characters to enter a state where any fall resulted in a long falling yell.
- Fixed a bug that caused older characters to have their monthly achievement reset upon completion before the current month ended.
- Fixed the conversion on all items that were changed from soulbound to account bound to actually be account bound now.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing certain music from playing.
- Fixed an issue with the loot table for undead grubs.
- Fixed a camera bug which occasionally caused the camera to get too close to the player's backside.
- Updated the Barrel and Green Plant environmental weapons to disappear after lying on the ground for a set time. This will prevent map issues caused by hundreds of these bundles idling on the ground.
- Updated Rune of the Adventurer and Sigil of Energy to each grant 25% endurance when activated.
- Updated map completion rewards for Plains of Ashford and all World-versus-World maps to match the map level/content.
- Added an appropriate error message for players when trying to accept too many guild invites.
- Armor that is currently equipped can no longer be transmuted.
- Keg Brawl has received some updates:
- Master Weaponsmiths now sell their goods for coin instead of karma, as was originally intended.
- Miss Mipp at Almuten Mansion now sells Curry Buns instead of directly selling outdated buffs.
- Surfacing while downed underwater no longer grants invulnerability. This change was made to stop players from exploiting the surface of the water to maintain permanent invulnerability.
- The Trading Post will properly refresh when using item context menus from your inventory.
- Transmuted cultural armor now prevents opposing races from equipping it.
- Valkyrie armor boxes will now properly contain a coat instead of two helms when crafted.
- Ancient wood, Orichalcum Ore, and Mithril Ore nodes respawn rate is now tied directly to characters and set to respawn one day after your character gathered from it.
- Fixed bugs in the story step "Ships of the Line."
- Fixed blocking bugs in the following story steps: "Forging the Pact," "Killing Fields," "Shell Shock," "Short Fuse," "The Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Machine in Action," and "Tower Down."
- Updated difficulty of the following story steps: "Killing Fields," "Lines of Communication," "Minotaur Rampant," "Mired Deep," "Ships of the Line," "The Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Greater Good," and "The Queen's Justice."
- Fixed a bug that was periodically preventing the Claw of Jormag event from completing.
- Added catapults and scaling veterans to the bridge repair event in Kessex Hills.
- Reduced the difficulty of creatures and bosses, particularly health and armor.
- Fixed exploits that allowing
- Reduced difficulty of the Searing Effigy.
- Fixed map exploit that was allowing players to speed-clear paths of this dungeon.
- Fixed a blocking bug in story mode.
- Games will no longer autobalance after one team has reached 80% of the maximum score if the game ends by score.
- Games will no longer autobalance when within two minutes of the end of the game if the game ends by time.
- Autobalance functionality has been updated to give a new volunteer bonus to any players who volunteer for balancing, as well as giving any players balanced the winner bonus. When volunteers are lacking, random selection will be used. The text for this system has also been updated.
- Updated the Red Portal Keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds to ensure the "no siege" debuff encompasses the entire start point.
- Fixed a bug with Keep Lords in World versus World where they could become immune to damage.
- Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.
- The following profession skills now hit 3 targets instead of 1:
- Flame Burst: This skill will no longer fire if the target is behind the player.
- Lightning Surge: This skill no longer has infinite range and cannot fire at targets behind the player. It also is properly affected by line of sight and works with the Arcana trait Blasting Staff.
- Elixir X: This skill now gains a duration increase from both the Inventions trait Elite Supplies and the Alchemy trait Potent Elixirs.
- Freeze Grenade: This skill no longer benefits from the Explosives trait Grenadier for 5-second cooldown reduction.
- Knee Shot: This Firearms trait now effectsimmobilize skills for engineers. The effect can only trigger once every 5 seconds to prevent players from exploiting it to stack massive amounts of cripple.
- Mortar: This skill is now properly affected by the Inventions trait Rifled Turret Barrels.
- Rifled Barrels: This Firearms trait now works with the Elixir Gun kit when underwater.
- Bane Signet: This skill's animation will now work properly when activated by greatsword and hammer users.
- Line of Warding: This skill now lasts for 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
- Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to heal when it completes and isn't aborted.
- Renewed Focus: This skill now functions better while underwater (players are able to use abilities sooner) and functions with the Virtues trait Elite Focus. This skill now also properly refreshes Virtue of Courage when it is being affected by traits.
- Shield of Absorption: This skill will now appear correctly for all races.
- Wrathful Spirit: This Honor trait's retaliation duration has been decreased from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Updated all phantasms and clones available to the mesmer to ensure they activate within their range.
- Updated mantras to now function underwater as they do above water. They also no longer go on full recharge when interrupted.
- Illusionary Riposte: This skill now functions properly with the Dueling trait Blade Training.
- Phantasmal Warden: This skill no longer has a 0-second recharge when affected by traits. It now has approximately a 5-second recharge.
- Blood Is Power: This skill now grants 10 stacks of might but does not grant additional life force.
- Epidemic: This skill no longer has infinite range.
- Haunt: This Shadow Fiend skill now triggers instantly.
- Life Transfer: This skill will now work properly with the Soul Reaping trait Path of Midnight.
- Life Siphon: This skill now properly applies damage at its intended range of 600.
- Spectral Grasp: This skill now also grants 10% life force when used. It also benefits from the Curses trait Spectral Attunement to properly increase the chill duration to 6 seconds.
- Spectral Walk: This skill now stops granting life force when struck if the player activates Death Shroud, Plague, or Lich Form.
- Chill of Death: This Spite trait no longer slows down the player's autoattack when activated.
- Last Gasp: This Soul Reaping trait will now apply protection and remove stun as if using Spectral Armor. It also now has the displayed 60-second recharge, and the duration has been reduced to 6 seconds to properly match the skill.
- Vampiric: This Blood Magic trait's interaction with the Bloodthirst trait now increases health siphoning appropriately.
- Entangle: This skill is now properly affected by the Wilderness Survival trait Wilderness Knowledge.
- Lick Wounds: This skill now functions only with ranger pets.
Mac Beta Client Update
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from entering the at sign (@) in the launcher's log-in fields when using French Apple keyboards.
- Fixed a bug that prevented gem purchases.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki notes
- Unknown monthly achievements have been implemented instead of monthly survivor achievement.
- The functionality of Lob and Throw were only swapped, except that Throw remains accurate.
- Contrary to the update notes, Lob was ground-targeted before the update, and is now not ground-targeted, this is likely a typo.
- The Keg Brawl training is still using old versions of the skills Lob and Throw, possibly confusing new players.
- Summoned undead grubs no longer provide drops. So farming the summoned undead grub in personal story such as Battle of Fort Trinity is no longer possible.
- NVIDIA Surround Support updated, fixing overly stretched scenes occuring when using multiple monitors