Protect allies from the next incoming attack against them, and lash out when attacked, granting boons to nearby allies and fully charging the passive burning effect.
— In-game description
- Blocks the next attack directed at any ally within range and counterattacks, dealing point-blank area of effect damage to up to 5 enemies near the guardian. If an attack is blocked the shielding effect ends.
- After blocking an attack grants boons to the caster as well.
- fully charging the passive burning effect means charging the passive of Virtue of Justice which will proc your passive burning at your next attack.
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis grants boons when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Steadfast Courage — Gain protection when you block an incoming attack with aegis.
- Communal Defenses — Blocking an attack grants aegis to nearby allies.
- Might of the Protector — Gain might when you block attacks.
- Altruistic Healing — Heal yourself when you grant a boon to an ally.
- Tenacious Defense — Aegis you grant reduces the recharge time of Virtue skill 3 when it blocks an attack.
- Invigorated Bulwark — Increase your healing to other allies each time you block an attack. Mace skills gain reduced recharge and their boons gain increased duration.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues apply boons to allies when activated. Deal increased strike damage for each boon on you.
- Unscathed Contender — Strike damage dealt is increased while you have aegis. Strike damage dealt is increased while you are above the health threshold.
- Defender's Dogma — Gain vitality. Blocking an attack causes justice to reach its maximum charge and reduces the cooldown of Spear of Justice.
- Hunter's Fortification — Remove conditions when blocking attacks. Receive less damage when you have no conditions on you.
- Stalwart Speed — When you grant aegis or stability, grant quickness. This can affect multiple targets simultaneously.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|December 03, 2019||
|April 23, 2019||
|July 26, 2016||
|July 01, 2014||
|June 03, 2014||
|October 29, 2013||
|October 15, 2013||
|September 03, 2013||
|November 15, 2012||
|October 22, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.