Regroup with the Vigil troops.
- Read Almorra's letter
Join with the Vigil and defend Lion's Arch.
- Report to General Almorra at Fort Marriner
- Help Almorra inspire the Vigil soldiers.
- Defend the beach.
- Speak to Almorra.
- Choose your next course of action.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Carrion Darksteel Mace, Assassin's Darksteel Sword, Cleric's Hard Scepter
- One of the following: Carrion Darksteel Mace, Assassin's Darksteel Sword, Carrion Darksteel Axe
- One of the following: Carrion Darksteel Axe, Carrion Darksteel Mace, Assassin's Darksteel Sword
- One of the following: Berserker's Darksteel Pistol, Cleric's Darksteel Pistol, Carrion Darksteel Pistol
- One of the following: Assassin's Darksteel Sword, Carrion Darksteel Axe, Carrion Darksteel Greatsword
- One of the following: Rampager's Darksteel Dagger, Assassin's Darksteel Sword, Berserker's Darksteel Pistol
- One of the following: Rampager's Darksteel Dagger, Cleric's Hard Scepter, Valkyrie Hard Staff
- One of the following: Cleric's Hard Scepter, Valkyrie Hard Staff, Assassin's Darksteel Sword
- One of the following: Carrion Darksteel Axe, Rampager's Darksteel Dagger, Cleric's Hard Scepter
You meet up with Almorra Soulkeeper and several other Vigil soldiers. The beaches ahead are swarming with Risen, and it's your goal to eliminate them all. The soldiers will split off in three directions: one group to the left, one to the middle, one to the right. It's up to you to decide where you want to fight.
This mission is largely luck-based; you're gambling on not drawing the attention of too many Risen at once, so that your NPC allies can soak up the damage. The Vigil do a decent job of staying alive, and you can revive them if needed. However, there are a lot of foes, and additional ones will come from the water periodically. If an entire group gets overwhelmed, it's a problem, since then the Risen will accumulate on that side; reviving all the troops takes time, and it is difficult to take on that many enemies at once.
You should prioritize taking out Risen Abominations and Risen Plague Carriers as soon as possible. They deal devastating damage and quickly wipe out NPCs if left unattended. Alternatively you can stay behind and use the arrow carts to kill the Risen with minimal effort or danger.
After all the Risen have been defeated, the mission is over, and you get a choice of what to do for the next mission.
- Siege weapons
- Vigil Crusader: It's so quiet... You know I was born here? I've never heard this city so silent.
- Vigil Crusader: Yes. It would be peaceful if only it didn't feel as if everything were holding its breath.
- Vigil Tactician: Are the undead on the continent? Have they taken Lion's Arch?
- Vigil Crusader: Not yet. Still, the city's taken precautions.
- Vigil Crusader: The Lionguard drew up the underwater sluice gates, cleared the streets, and put the city in lockdown.
- Vigil Tactician: In case you haven't realized it, this is war! Stay focused!
- Vigil Tactician: What are you, a jellyfish? Keep that arm stiff and use your wrist!
- Vigil Tactician: Better. Strike again, and this time, keep your shield up!
- Vigil Tactician: Aim gently, and as you breathe out...pull the trigger.
- Vigil Tactician: Tail up, charr! Yell it like you want the dragons to hear!
- Vigil Tactician: I don't want to see any of you humans falling behind. You've got to work twice as hard, but that'll make you twice as mean!
- Vigil Tactician: Left...left...left, right, left!
- Vigil Tactician: If I see another one of you asura trying to levitate instead of march, I'm giving you gravity boots!
- Vigil Tactician: Barkeep, more ale! Let's lift one to Warmaster Forgal!
- Vigil Tactician: Another round for the house. To absent friends!
- Vigil Crusader: Did you hear? They say a dragon lieutenant called Blightghast attacked Claw Island!
- Vigil Crusader: I heard Warmaster Forgal gave his life to hold it off. I can hardly believe it.
- Vigil Crusader: Burn me, he was brave. I hope I go down fighting like he did.
Approaching meeting point:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Scouts are reporting undead just off the coast. It's a small force, but substantial enough for concern.
- Trahearne: Zhaitan's overconfident, assuming Claw Island was the only thing standing between its army and Lion's Arch.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Then it's our job to show the dragon how wrong it was.
Upon talking to General Almorra Soulkeeper (cutscene):
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: At ease, Warmaster. I heard what happened at Claw Island. The Lionguard — no, the whole city — owes you a debt of honor.
- <Character name>: I just did my duty, ma'am. Forgal was the brave one. He gave his life to save us.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: He will be remembered as one of the Vigil's great heroes, and he will be dearly missed.
- Trahearne: Forgal's sacrifice held them back, but it was your bravery that led us to safety, my friend. I am grateful to you.
- Trahearne: If I can aid in this defense, Warmaster, I'm at your service.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: You took out enough of Zhaitan's forces to stop the imminent attack on Lion's Arch, but the dragon won't pause for long.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: There are reports of undead landing up and down the coast, likely an attempt to soften the city's perimeter.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: We need to organize the Vigil's forces and defend the beach. Come, let's review the troops.
While reviewing the troops with General Almorra Soulkeeper:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Crusaders! Forces of the Elder Dragon Zhaitan stand on the very threshold of Lion's Arch.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: If Lion's Arch falls, the nations of Tyria will not be far behind. Fight for your homes! Fight for your families!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: This is what we've trained for! This is what we've bled for! This is what we will die to defend!
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: We will hold this ground! We are the Vigil!
- Trahearne: You can't do this alone. I'll stand with you.
Talking with Laranthir:
- Laranthir of the Wild: I never thought this day would come. I like Orr far away—not standing on Tyria's doorstep.
Zhaitan's hunger can't be sated. We're lucky we were ready.
- I'm glad you're among us, <character name>. We need you more than ever.
- I have a question.
- Don't give in to fear.
- Stay strong.
Talking with General Soulkeeper:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Vigil scouts report massive numbers of undead along the coast. We must hold out or Lion's Arch will fall.
What's your plan, General?
- We have soldiers mustering on the beach ready to take your orders. Command them and defend this point.
- I'll do my best.
Talking with Trahearne:
- Trahearne: The Vigil troops may hold this beach, but more undead will come. We need a better solution.
- We'll find one. But for now, we make a stand—here.
After defending the beach (cutscene):
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Well done, soldiers! That should thin out the undead and take pressure off Lion's Arch for a while longer.
- Trahearne: The Vigil bought us time, but not advantage. The undead don't get weary, and they have an almost unending supply of troops.
- Trahearne: We must retake Claw Island and drive Zhaitan from these shores.
- Trahearne: General Soulkeeper, there are many brave souls throughout Tyria who may be willing to lend a hand, if the Vigil reached out to them.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: True. A few come to mind. A norn called Fibharr has been making his name in the tournaments. Fights like a rabid drake.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: I also know two fine charr soldiers that I've been trying to recruit for years—Snarl and Galina. They'd be a tremendous help.
- <Character name>: These sound promising. I could go, ma'am, and speak on behalf of the order.
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Good initiative. Pick one or the other, and do your best to bring them aboard. Meanwhile, I'll return to Vigil Keep and rally our crusaders there.
- Trahearne: Whatever you decide, I'm going with you. You need the help—and I owe it to Forgal.
Talking with General Soulkeeper:
- General Almorra Soulkeeper: Well done, Warmaster. Forgal—bless his sour hear—would be proud.
- I'd like to think so, ma'am.
Talking to Laranthir:
- Laranthir of the Wild: There were many Risenmdash;only a fraction of their army. By the Tree, I never really understood what we were fighting.
They're beaten. The beach is clear.
- But what else is out there across the waves?
- We need to take the offensive.
You fought bravely. The Vigil never faltered.
- We stood fast, but we can't hold the line anymore. We must destroy the source.
- We will, but for now we strengthen our numbers.
The beach runs with Risen blood!
- Yes, but it isn't enough. We can't just wait here for them to coem to us.
- We'll take the fight to Orr. I promise you that.
- We'll defeat the Risen.
Talking to Trahearne:
- Trahearne: We need reinforcements. I can think of two possibilities—a norn pit-champion, or a warband of Iron Legion
What are their strengths? Start with the norn.
- Fibharr is powerful, skilled, and charismatic...but he's also the most egotistical snot-brain I've ever met.
What about the charr?
- The Gear warband
- Bizarre. With that in mind, I'm ready to decide.
- I've made my decision.