- This article is about the engineer trait. For the personal story mission, see Short Fuse (story).
— In-game description
For a detailed trait history, see here.
| February 25, 2020
- Short Fuse: This trait has been reworked, and its cooldown reduction has been added to the following skills.
- Fire Bomb: Reduced recharge from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Concussion Bomb: Reduced recharge from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.
- Smoke Bomb: Reduced recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Glue Bomb: Reduced recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds. Fixed an issue that caused the visuals for this skill to appear larger than the effect radius.
- Big Ol' Bomb: Reduced recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds.
- This trait no longer reduces the fuse time or recharge of bomb skills. Hitting a foe with an explosion skill grants 4 seconds of fury (3 seconds internal cooldown).
| October 02, 2018
- This trait now grants fury when engineers strike a foe with an explosion.
| February 22, 2017
- Updated the Fuse Time to correctly display the fuse time reduction of 0.5 seconds.
- This trait now affects Big Ol' Bomb.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
- No longer reduces cooldown of grenade skills.
- Added: Your bombs explode faster.
| May 28, 2013
- Now works underwater even when the Grenadier trait is equipped.
| September 25, 2012
- This trait is no longer overwritten by the Grenadier trait. Also, this trait now works with underwater grenades.
| September 17, 2012
- Short fuse is now correctly applied to the grenade kit.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Short Fuse has been added to the game.