In WvW, PvP, and sometimes PvE, you may have to finish off your enemy with a special move. Press F near a downed enemy to use a finisher. You can set your active finisher in the Finishers page on the Hero Panel.
Finishing is a mechanic in the Structured PvP and WvW game modes, and occasionally in the PvE mode, that allows players to quickly defeat an opponent while they are in the downed state. The visual effect played upon finishing an opponent is called finisher, and can be customized in the "Finishers" tab in the hero panel.
When near a downed enemy, the message channeled skill which takes 3.5 seconds to execute. Moving or being interrupted will stop this action, but taking damage will not. The finishing activation can't be reduced with quickness. If the channeling interaction is successfully completed, the enemy will be immediately put in the defeated state regardless of their health while downed."FINISH THEM!!" is displayed. Interacting begins an action similar to a
In PvE, some NPC foes, for example, the Sylvari members of the Toxic Alliance, can be finished. Similarly, some NPC, e.g. Fractal Avengers, will attempt to finish the downed player characters, and have to be interrupted.
List of finishers
New finishers can be unlocked as rewards from increasing the PvP Rank, winning PvP tournaments, opening Black Lion Chests, or through special events like festivals. Limited-use finishers consume a use for each successful finishing action.
- Finishers can be searched for by name and equipped into an active slot.
- Both locked and unlocked finishers can be previewed and rotated in the preview window while the finisher animation is playing.
- The Randomize Finisher option randomly chooses from any unlocked finisher.
Note: Click on the image to see the animation.
- Finish him/her! is a phrase used in the game series Mortal Kombat preceding the possibility of a Fatality move which results in a brutal death of the opponent.
- Prior to the August 6, 2013 game update, all finishers were consumable items that lasted for a limited duration.
- As of the September 2014 Feature Pack, finishers were moved into the Wardrobe of the Hero panel.
- The Randomize Finisher option was added with the February 24, 2015 game update.
- Tradable finishers were added to Black Lion Chests in the September 29, 2015 game update.
- Many finishers were previously acquired through the Gem Store.