Haunted Doors are interactive objects found throughout Kessex Hills, Gendarran Fields, and the Mad King's Labyrinth during Halloween. They were introduced in the Shadow of the Mad King release and split into "Mad King Doors" and "Bloody Prince Doors" with Blood and Madness.
Interacting with the door ("Trick or Treat") will produce one of four outcomes:
- Spawning one or more foes (no event).
- Starting one of two dynamic events.
- Dropping a Trick-or-Treat Bag.
- Creating a portal to the Mad King's Labyrinth (~10% chance)
The most common result is enemies spawning; the dynamic events and Trick-or-Treat Bags have a much lower chance of occurring. Doors will drop 1-5 bags that any player can pick up before it disappears; this encourages players to fight together to obtain bags faster. Haunted Doors with pumpkin icons above them provide access to the Mad King's Labyrinth when opened. All doors have a chance to spawn with a pumpkin icon, but this icon is not shown on the map or compass.
Doors in the open world respawn approximately every 3-5 minutes. Once spawned, they stay visible for 10-60 seconds before disappearing. Doors that spawn events will disappear once the event is completed, and those that spawn foes or Trick-or-Treat Bags will disappear a few seconds after being opened (unless granting access to the Mad King's Labyrinth).
When granting access to the Mad King's Labyrinth:
- Mad King Doors (with green and yellow mist) send you to the northeastern waypoint.
- Bloody Prince Doors (with purple and red mist) send you to the northwestern waypoint.
Mad King's Labyrinth
All doors in the labyrinth spawn foes. Four purple doors, in the corners of the map, spawn bosses. Normal green doors respawn roughly every 20 minutes, while the boss doors respawn approximately every 24-30 minutes.
Every non-boss door has a base respawn timer of 15 minutes+additional time; after those 15 minutes, the door enters a pool of viable doors to respawn next. Having more doors on cooldown will lower the time before any random door within this pool will spawn.
- Kessex Hills
- Gendarran Fields
- Defeat the strange foes coming through the haunted door (8, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (18, 20, 22, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 80)
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn) (80) (only in Mad King's Labyrinth) [Group Event]
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Harrower Veltan) (80) (only in Mad King's Labyrinth) [Group Event]
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Hollowed Gourdbinder) (80) (only in Mad King's Labyrinth) [Group Event]
- Defeat the strange foe that came through the haunted door (Legendary Skeletal Lich) (80) (only in Mad King's Labyrinth) [Group Event]
- Bloody Prince Door
- Harrower Veltan (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- Hollowed Gourdbinder (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- Legendary Skeletal Lich (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- Rebel Lunatic
- Veteran Gargoyle (canine version)
- Veteran Mummy
- Veteran Rebel Lunatic
- Veteran Skeleton
- Mad King Door
- Bite-Sized Candy Corn Elemental
- Candy Corn Elemental
- Glow-in-the-Dark Skeleton
- Glow-in-the-Dark Spider
- Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- Plastic Spider
- Small Plastic Spider
- Veteran Candy Corn Elemental
- Veteran Gargoyle (winged version)
- Veteran Glow-in-the-Dark Spider
- Veteran King-Sized Candy Corn Elemental
- Veteran Plastic Spider
- Historical foes (2012 only)
- Champion Family-Sized Candy Corn Elemental (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- Champion Skeleton (only in Mad King's Labyrinth)
- In the Mad King's Labyrinth
- Flee the Mad Realm?
- Yes, get me out of here!
- Not yet.
- Halloween Daily: Shut and Locked — Complete 5 door events. (0)
- Halloween Rituals: Knock Down the Doors — Complete 50 door events in Mad King's Labyrinth. (5)
- Shadow of the Mad King: Court Duty: Untangling the Labyrinth — Complete haunted door events in the Mad King's Labyrinth. Boss events award extra progress. (5)
- In 2012, Queensdale Haunted Doors only began appearing when Knocking On The Door was completed; in subsequent years, neither the meta event nor the Haunted Doors have returned to Queensdale.
- Similarly, Haunted Doors in Kessex Hills and Gendarran Fields only had a chance to send players to the Mad King's Realm until the zones' respective meta events (The Mad Engineer and Advisor of the Lunatic Court respectively) were completed, where then all Haunted Doors would provide access. In 2013 and later, the doors do not offer guaranteed access to the Mad King's Realm, just as the meta events do not occur.