The destroyers killed my Kittaka! Rot and rust them all!
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Helping Hands
- Hidden Ourobon
Rescue Tchkik and the skritt treasure hunters.
- Go to the Hidden Ourobon to begin the search.
- Rescue Tchkik and the other scouts.
- Get the skritt scouts to safety.
- Defeat the destroyer harpies.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Commando's Hauberk, Outrider's Armor, Trooper's Armor
- One of the following: Commando's Jacket, Outrider's Vest, Trooper's Jerkin
- One of the following: Commando's Coat, Outrider's Coat, Trooper's Coat
Head to an area near High Timber Claim in the far east of the Harathi Hinterlands. Upon entering the cave you will see it littered with several destroyer crabs, trolls and oozes as well as destroyer eggs. Fight your way through the cave to rescue the skritt scattered about the cave taking care to avoid disturbing the destroyer eggs as they will explode and spawn a destroyer crab if you get too close. It can be helpful to destroy the eggs from a distance, but since they cannot be targeted a point blank or ground targeted aoe attack is needed.
Once you've rescued the remaining skritt more oozes will spawn and you have fight through them as you lead the skritt to the west side of the cave.
Once there a wave of destroyer harpies will spawn. Defeat them to finish the quest.
Approaching your mentor:
- (depending on your order)
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: The skritt may be vermin, but nothing deserves to suffer this kind of destruction.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Looks bad. Lots of bodies. Lots of destroyers. What's the plan?
- Magister Sieran: Tchkik and the scouts must be down here somewhere. We have to find them.
Talking to your mentor before rescuing Tchkik:
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I've had more experience with icebrood than destroyers, but they all die if you hit them hard enough. Let's move out and find those missing skritt.
Is that the plan?
- Pretty much. We need to gather more skritt so they have the brain power to build a bomb big enough to take out all the destroyers in these tunnels.
- What are they building the bomb from?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Typical. I'm just getting used to the way Ftokchak talks, and now our mission is to find more skritt, which will change the way he talks. I'm a field agent, not a linguist!
I'd like to review our plan.
- All we need to do is find the missing skritt so Ftokchak has the smarts to build their bomb—or "boom" as he calls it—and we'll have what we need to solve this destroyer problem.
Don't we need explosives to build the bomb itself?
- We've got that covered. Ftokchak sent a whole raiding party to grab bomb powder from a local centaur camp. They get the matériel, we get the brains, and boom! No more destroyers.
- I like it.
- Think of it as a dialect: "smart skritt" vs "solo skritt."
- Magister Sieran: Okay, once we find and save these skritt, I want you to help me monitor their speech patterns. Let's see if they really do communicate better in large numbers.
I'd like to review the plan.
- Sure! We do a little amateur spelunking—I love that word—and fetch back enough skrit to pump up their intelligence enough to build the bomb they need.
And the bomb takes care of the destroyers?
- And the matriarch I suspect is scrabbling around in here. While we do that, Ftokchak sends a party to swipe blasting powder from the local centaurs. Then we all meet up, and... boom!
- Got it. Let's do some caving!
- Done. The more we save, the more data we gather.
- Vrackan: What about shinies? Came here for shinies, specials. Need them to trade, to live.
- No, to live you need to not be here.
- Yiktuk: You saved me! Ka-chaai! We need to save the others!
- Yiktuk: Hot rock bugs, killing, killing! Almost died. Many others did die. Help us, help!
- Easy. Stick with me and we'll get you all out of here.
- Tchkik: Kittaka, get up! We must run. Kittaka...?
- Tchkik: Oh, Kittaka. Why did you have to be so brave?
- Tchkik: The destroyers killed my Kittaka! Rot and Rust them all!
- Tchkik: I can't leave him! I can't. Ah, why did you have to be so brave?
- Tchkik: Danger! Not safe here! Poor Kittaka is gone, but we can save the others. Find friends, then escape—can you help?
- That's why we're here. Ftokchak sent us.
After defeating the destroyer harpies (cinematic):
- Tchkik: Thank you for saving us! We were trapped. The eggs—these eggs are horrible!
- <Character name>: Don't worry. We'll see that they're all killed. Along with their queen.
- <Character name>: Destroyer queen. Dragon minions shouldn't be able to reproduce. How is this possible?
- (depending on your order)
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Two possibilities. Could be a creature that was pregnant when she was corrupted. Or this "queen" might be a kind of minion we've never seen before.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: We've heard whispers about creatures that were already pregnant when corrupted. Though it could be a new type of minion. Ugh.
- Magister Sieran: Priory records have documented such creatures. They were pregnant when they were corrupted. Or it might be something new. How exiting!
- <Character name>: I don't like either option. We have to take this creature out before she makes more eggs.
- Tchkik: We'll stand with you and fight. We know these things from the deeps, know their cruelty. Come, meet me back at the village. Much to do.
After the cinematic:
- (only for Priory members)
- Magister Sieran: This is a blighted mess. You have the patience of the Tree, Scholar!
Talking to your mentor after rescuing the skritt:
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: We're making progress. Now let's see if the other skritt got the bomb powder we need—and if these skritt are now smart enough to know what to do with it.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Okay, more skritt do sound different, but smarter? If they build a bomb out of the supplies the other skritt party swiped from the centaurs, I'll believe it. And then, look out, destroyers!
- Looking forward to that. Let's get going.
- Magister Sieran: Well, that was exciting... and informative. I'm dying to see what these skritt can do with the bomb powder the other skritt are collecting.
- And soon the destroyers will be just plain dying.
Talking to the rescued skritt:
- Tchkik: Glad for life, sad for Kittaka. So sad. Great friend, Kittaka. Stupid hot rock bugs. Need to find Ftokchak, contribute to big boom, wipe them all out. For Kittaka!
- That's the plan. See you back at the scratch.
- Vrackan: Good to be safe, good! Foraging in caves is too dangerous these days. I'm going to start foraging in cities. More people, more stuff!
- Let's get you out of here intact before you start making plans.
- Yiktuk: Thank you for saving us. Being alive is good, but what about shinies? Need to forage, gather, pinch, lift, and loot!
- Life first. Loot later.