Critical Damage is a derived attribute that determines damage dealt by critical hits. The base value of the attribute is 150%, and thus a character's critical hits inflict 150% of normal damage without any bonuses. Critical Damage is primarily increased by the Ferocity secondary attribute, every 15 points of Ferocity grants an increase of 1% in critical damage at level 80, and also directly by a handful of traits and effects.
- See also: Ferocity#Related traits
Traits that improve critical damage
- Pure Strike (Spellbreaker) — Deal increased critical-hit damage. This bonus is doubled against boonless foes.
- Twin Fangs (Critical Strikes) — Deal increased critical damage while your health is above the threshold. Gain bonus critical-hit chance when hitting a foe from behind or the side.
- Ferocious Strikes (Critical Strikes) — Gain increased critical damage against foes whose health is above the threshold.
- Electric Discharge (Air) — Strike your target with a bolt of lightning when attuning to air. Also triggers on overload skills.
- Superiority Complex (Dueling) — Your critical hits deal more damage. Critical hit damage against disabled foes, or foes below the health threshold, is further increased. Disabled foes are affected by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.
- Improved Alacrity (Chronomancer) — Alacrity applied to you is stronger but has a reduced duration. Gain increased critical-strike damage when you have alacrity.
- Death Perception (Soul Reaping) — Gain increased critical-strike chance chance. Gain increased critical-strike damage while in shroud.
- Wicked Corruption (Harbinger) — Deal increased strike damage for each stack of blight you have. Critical strikes deal increased damage to targets with torment.
Trait skills that improve critical damage
- Static Discharge (Static Discharge) — Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. Critical hits with this ability deal increased damage.
- Critical Damage was also known as Prowess once.